Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2015, 09:43   #8386
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Thanks for the reply!! I am planning to buy the 16gb 5S, as I am new to apple world. Cant buy online, as i bought my android last week only from Croma. Hope they will take back my android phone and I can buy the 5S.
Old 12th December 2015, 10:57   #8387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thanks for the reply!! I am planning to buy the 16gb 5S, as I am new to apple world. Cant buy online, as i bought my android last week only from Croma. Hope they will take back my android phone and I can buy the 5S.
Unless you store a lot of music or photos/videos, 16 Gb 5s will do.

Croma will take back your old phone depending on the model.
Old 12th December 2015, 12:04   #8388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Unless you store a lot of music or photos/videos, 16 Gb 5s will do.

Croma will take back your old phone depending on the model.
My android is now with Croma. They will check with the service center and then only will accept my request for return it seems. :( My mistake to have bought the mobile from retailers instead of online.
Old 12th December 2015, 12:32   #8389
BHPian

Quote:
My android is now with Croma. They will check with the service center and then only will accept my request for return it seems. :( My mistake to have bought the mobile from retailers instead of online.

You can always sell the phone outside through any popular online classifieds, that way you will be able to sell the phone easily and will probably get more value. Also, you will have an option to purchase your iPhone online.
Old 12th December 2015, 12:51   #8390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
You can always sell the phone outside through any popular online classifieds, that way you will be able to sell the phone easily and will probably get more value. Also, you will have an option to purchase your iPhone online.
Yes, but looks like mine is a poor model - Lava Pixel V1. I have to sell it on loss only. Let me see what the Croma people tells. But as you said, I find really good deals for 5s 16gb. Infibeam is seeling at 21,999 and Flipkart at 22,800 with in a day delivery free!!

Finally bought the iphone 5s. Now i can understand why its expensive!! Totally worth my money

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th December 2015 at 14:36. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 12th December 2015, 19:57   #8391
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Finally bought the iphone 5s. Now i can understand why its expensive!! Totally worth my money

How much did you pay. It's available on Flipkart for 22.5k for the 16gb version. I have been using it now for as long as it's been around and it's totally worth it.
Old 13th December 2015, 08:11   #8392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
How much did you pay. It's available on Flipkart for 22.5k for the 16gb version. I have been using it now for as long as it's been around and it's totally worth it.
I paid around 23k in total including a case, screen guard and 1 year extended warranty. Croma took my 1 week old android phone for 6k only. I lost 3k on that. They didnt find any defect but the software is too buggy!! Anyways I wanted a solid and issue free phone. I have changed 5 phones in the past 2 years!! Enough of Android for me!

I could have sold my phone on OLX or other sites and bought my iphone online. But then I dont want all the troubles of following up, etc. Anyways I am a happy iphone user now
Old 13th December 2015, 08:42   #8393
BHPian

Congratulations for finally getting the phone of your choice. You got a nice deal as you wouldn't have got the add ons mentioned through an online purchase.
Old 13th December 2015, 10:40   #8394
BHPian

After 7 years of using Android phones (G1, G2, Samsung S4, S5, Honor 4x), decided to switch over to iPhone and picked up a 64GB 6s (A1688) from UK which worked out to £550 after VAT refund.
Thoroughly enjoying the new phone and got used to lack of back button eventually.
Also love the touch ID integration that iPhone provides for several apps like corporate email, mobile banking etc.
Old 13th December 2015, 11:26   #8395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
Congratulations for finally getting the phone of your choice. You got a nice deal as you wouldn't have got the add ons mentioned through an online purchase.
Yep, but lost Rs.3000 on my 7 days old android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
After 7 years of using Android phones (G1, G2, Samsung S4, S5, Honor 4x), decided to switch over to iPhone and picked up a 64GB 6s (A1688) from UK which worked out to £550 after VAT refund.
Thoroughly enjoying the new phone and got used to lack of back button eventually.
Also love the touch ID integration that iPhone provides for several apps like corporate email, mobile banking etc.
The touch ID is amazing! I am blown away by the simplicity and solidness of the phone.
Old 13th December 2015, 11:48   #8396
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2015 at 10:03.
mathuranuj is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th December 2015, 17:33   #8397
PPS
Senior - BHPian

iPhone 5S for 25k! Seems to be slightly cheaper online looking at some of the posts on this thread.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/50164848.cms

Quote:
Apple has slashed prices of its Indian bestseller iPhone 5s for the third time in three months, bringing them down to almost half of September levels, in a bid to shore up sales as demand for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus has nosedived after Diwali.
iPhone 5s prices now starts at Rs 24,999, down from Rs 44,500 in September. This makes Indian price of iPhone 5s one of the lowest globally, despite the depreciating rupee and higher import taxes making India among markets where Apple products cost the most, retailers and analysts said.
Old 14th December 2015, 19:36   #8398

Hi friends, I am an android user and after seeing the drop in iPhone 5s prices, planning to go for that. Would it be wise to go for an older model like 5s or go for a newer android like 1+2 , within similar price range.

Any pointers?

Many thanks in advance
Old 14th December 2015, 19:45   #8399
BHPian

Infibeam- apple's authorised reseller is selling 5s at 21,999
Old 15th December 2015, 00:40   #8400
BHPian

Looking at the online store figures, the price of Iphone 5s (space grey) is Rs.21,499/- at Snapdeal. I've upgraded to Galaxy S4 this year, in May itself. Since the S4 is trouble free, I'm in a dilemma. Don't require a new phone as of now but I've always wanted to own an apple product and the Iphone 5s is perfectly in my budget right now. :P
Will the price drop even further?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks