Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 22:31   #8626
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
My charger is different in shape as to my wife's. Mine says 5 W on it but I can't decipher it technically. So my question is what is the real life charging time for the Iphone 6s from 10 to 20% to 100%.
Better use the one that came along with your phone , it must be of higher wattage , I don't think iPhone supports quick charging. However I find charging it via my Mac Pro - 15inch takes much less than the charger that came along

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Old 16th February 2016, 00:52   #8627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Do update as & when you get a good deal. Me too on the lookout for a 64gb 6s , i've kept the purchase on hold till March as i am planning to go to Dubai where i guess it should be retailing for around 50k-53k after conversion!
you can buy 64gb 6s in india too around 52-53K INR. just go to paytm.com and use the cashback option. the cashback can be used for bill payment and many other things. so it is as good as cash in hand.
Old 16th February 2016, 07:32   #8628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
The whatsapp bit is extremely annoying, where it needs to connect to whatsapp before you can compose a message. I park my car at -2 at home and -3 in office, I usually reply to whatsapp's on my walk to and from the car. I could do this in my earlier phone as it would send the messages as and when it catches signal. In the iphone, you can't even hit send if it's out of data coverage area like in car parking basements and at times in elevators.

I don't like how all pictures, included those I click and those received on whatsapp go to the same folder- Camera roll. Is there a way around it? Like can I have pictures received on whatsapp go to a seperate whatsapp folder?
I have the same feedback as well, having moved on to the iOS world after having a low end Android earlier. I use WhatsApp a lot too, which is why i echo your sentiments in this regard. However, i've just learnt to accept these limitations and moved on, as there is realistically not much we can do.

I loved how Android use to store images from different apps such as WhatsApp, Viber etc in different folders, nice segregated and easy to navigate. I terribly miss that feature in iOS.
Old 16th February 2016, 08:09   #8629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I have the same feedback as well, having moved on to the iOS world after having a low end Android earlier. I use WhatsApp a lot too, which is why i echo your sentiments in this regard. However, i've just learnt to accept these limitations and moved on, as there is realistically not much we can do.

I loved how Android use to store images from different apps such as WhatsApp, Viber etc in different folders, nice segregated and easy to navigate. I terribly miss that feature in iOS.
Guess there are both good and bad things based on requirement. As someone who keeps moving between the two world's I feel it's just a question of getting comfortable with the interface. In android, to avoid Whatsapp showing downloaded images in gallery, you need to do certain things which was just a simple menu option on iOS. When I started using iphone I couldn't imagine working without the back button ! Though my heart is always with Android, I do admire the rock solid stability of iOS. Of course u can always find a hack easily for any requirement in android which is not the case for me at least with iPhone.
Old 16th February 2016, 13:04   #8630
BHPian

Quote:
Do update as & when you get a good deal. Me too on the lookout for a 64gb 6s , i've kept the purchase on hold till March as i am planning to go to Dubai where i guess it should be retailing for around 50k-53k after conversion!
I noted a few pages back that you are not comfortable buying the phone online. I bought a Space Grey 64gb 6S on 31st Jan for 55k from Flipkart. I believe it works out even cheaper on Paytm. Do think about it getting it from here, considering it will be backed by an Indian warranty etc. Just be alert about the offers running and you should be good. I've ordered 2 iPhones online this January (1 from FK and 1 from Infibeam) No issues. I'd advise between Amazon & Flipkart because they have super quick delivery if you do chose to buy it online.

Last edited by promit : 16th February 2016 at 13:06.
Old 16th February 2016, 14:01   #8631
BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Space Grey 64gb 6S on 31st Jan for 55k from Flipkart.
I too purchased my 6s 64 GB at the same time from Flipkart, when they had 2 offers and resultant was 54299. Space grey, Gold & Rose Gold were the cheapest then, with silver at a premium.

Currently PAYTM seems to be the cheapest with their cashback, else everywhere it is retailing for 58000 +.
Old 16th February 2016, 14:55   #8632
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Do think about it getting it from here, considering it will be backed by an Indian warranty etc.
I was under the impression iPhone bought from Dubai would be covered by a warranty here. As soon as you buy the phone, one enters the serial number on apple's website & checks if its warranty is valid here or not, isn't that how it is for people who buy it online here?

Quote:
I'd advise between Amazon & Flipkart because they have super quick delivery if you do chose to buy it online.
Its just a mental block that i have since its a high value transaction! But if iPhone bought from Dubai has no warranty here then i may need to look at Amazon/Flipkart. Though i do prefer buying it from a shop- the old fashioned way!
Old 16th February 2016, 16:32   #8633
BHPian

Quote:
I was under the impression iPhone bought from Dubai would be covered by a warranty here.

Its just a mental block that i have since its a high value transaction!
iPhones have National warranty, to prevent arbitrage I suppose and to protect domestic /channel partners/resellers interests. iPads seem to have international coverage, though that too may have changed recently.

If your card is registered for Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure, there is no need to fear. Think of the money you end up saving by shopping online vis-a-vis the mental block.
Old 16th February 2016, 17:04   #8634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS;
You can get it for similar price in india , please note that iphone sold in Dubai will not have any warranty in India.

Off topic :
Apple has now even started validating if your iphone has been repaired outside apple care ( applicable only for touch id / LCD repairs) . if this validation fails your phone will brick ( stop working completely) .

Google "apple Error 53 " for more information. IOS 9.x has this “feature” or http://tidbits.com/article/16258

Now you cannot get your iphone repaired from outside without risk

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 16th February 2016 at 17:18. Reason: corrected the error code
Old 16th February 2016, 17:20   #8635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Better use the one that came along with your phone , it must be of higher wattage , I don't think iPhone supports quick charging. However I find charging it via my Mac Pro - 15inch takes much less than the charger that came along

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
You can use the 12w ipad charger(or any 2A charger) with iphone 6 onwards for fast charging. Cuts the charge time by half.
Old 17th February 2016, 09:25   #8636
Team-BHP Support

The iPhone's inbuilt map shows places which I am not even aware [in my vicinity, weird names ] Appears will have to stick with Google Maps.
Old 17th February 2016, 11:28   #8637
BHPian

Just a shoutout for potential 6S buyers. The effective price of a 64 GB 6S in Space Gey is for Rs 50000 odd on PAYTM after their cashback.
Old 17th February 2016, 12:09   #8638
BHPian

If anyone bought iPhone from Paytm please let me know if they are authentic Apple India import and also carries the self declaration printed back on the phone.
Old 17th February 2016, 13:10   #8639
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
If anyone bought iPhone from Paytm please let me know if they are authentic Apple India import
I bought a 5s. It was factory packed with import and date serial number etc. I didn't check anything else. What is the self declaration?
Old 17th February 2016, 13:28   #8640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
If anyone bought iPhone from Paytm please let me know if they are authentic Apple India import and also carries the self declaration printed back on the phone.

The iPhones from Paytm are authentic. I have purchased a 5s and 6s recently and the phones had valid Indian warranty which I checked by entering the serial number on the apple website. Also, both the phones had self declaration printed on the back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks