Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:07   #8671
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Did you sync your iPhone with any laptop & itunes ? Where did you get the music and videos from - Appstore or did you sync with any PC or Mac

didn't sync with any laptop.

Appstore + music from the laptop. 1.5GB of music and two videos disappeared today.

Under the Manage storage section: music is not listed

Attachment 1482179

Last edited by planet_rocker : 2nd March 2016 at 17:14.
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:55   #8672
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

There seems to be some issue. More users reported the same problem in the past 24 hours.

Here are some reads from the Apple Support Forum:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7479821

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7478785

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7479863

Main thread, under which you will find similar problems:
https://discussions.apple.com/commun...e_music_on_ios

Will try to update, if I find a solution / fix for my phone

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2016 at 18:46. Reason: By mistake
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:45   #8673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
There seems to be some issue.
=====
Main thread, under which you will find similar problems:
https://discussions.apple.com/commun...e_music_on_ios

Will try to update, if I find a solution / fix for my phone

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...#post-22525153

Is it something to do with icloud music sync?

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/...#post-21716732

Do you have a computer back up of the stuff you had? Restoring would be the easiest way out.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd March 2016 at 18:47.
Old 2nd March 2016, 19:06   #8674
BHPian

Something weird is going on with my iPhone 6 too. Entire 64 GB suddenly showed up 'used' with only my music showing at 9 GB & iTalk around 5 GB. Rest were 1 GB or lower. Lot of apps now seem to be taking up 500 MB size?

Planning to delete all my music on phone & sync to iTunes tonight, hopefully that gives me working room till I figure out what is going on.
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:22   #8675
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu. Did that only. Took a full back and uploaded the files back using iTunes.

Thanks guys.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456937481.176171.jpg
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:06   #8676
Senior - BHPian

I'm getting an iPhone from someone who has lost the bill but it is an otherwise sealed piece. It is being sold at a 25% discount to what paytm etc would've charged for it, so the deal is yummy. The only question is whether just checking the warranty status on the Apple website is enough to claim warranty in the future?
Old 2nd March 2016, 23:19   #8677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I'm getting an iPhone from someone who has lost the bill but it is an otherwise sealed piece. It is being sold at a 25% discount to what paytm etc would've charged for it, so the deal is yummy. The only question is whether just checking the warranty status on the Apple website is enough to claim warranty in the future?
IIRC the warranty in case of iPhone starts from the day its activated. Just make sure that you are getting an Indian version.
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:49   #8678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yes its enough. I have claimed warranty a couple of times and I just walked in with the phone and nothing else. In fact I can't remember where I safe kept my original invoice
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:54   #8679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
SOS: All Music and Videos disappeared from my phone. soft reset / reboot is not helping.

Music is not listed in the "manage app section" . I remember listening to music yesterday :(

It is a 5S - 16 GB

Happened to be me too recently on my iPod! But thankfully I was subscribed to the Apple Music service which had all my songs, but had to download almost 20Gb of them.

Whenever an update comes, don't update unless some functionality won't work without the update. eg Music app needs certain iOS 9.xx to work.

I've got an iPad on beta stuff to check updates and I don't keep data there. This allows me to see any changes (better or worse) before updating the phone/iPod which are my main devices.

iOS updates these days need careful research to be done before updating any device.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:23   #8680
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is facing a problem since day before yesterday. His 6s 16GB says memory full even there is some 5GB of pictures and <1GB of music. He deleted many pictures yesterday to free 350MB of space. Today again, he faces the same problem of 0 bytes free. He assured saying he didn't use any whatsapp or click any pictures thereafter. Any idea as to what could be wrong?
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:31   #8681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Yes its enough. I have claimed warranty a couple of times and I just walked in with the phone and nothing else. In fact I can't remember where I safe kept my original invoice
You don't need the original invoice to avail any warranty service or requests. Each device has the serial / IMEI number imprinted on them, as well as accessible via the interface which is all Apple needs to check the device eligibility.

These can be found under:
1.) Settings -> General -> About
2.) On the SIM card tray
3.) On the back of the device.
Old 3rd March 2016, 10:53   #8682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My friend is facing a problem since day before yesterday. His 6s 16GB says memory full even there is some 5GB of pictures and <1GB of music. He deleted many pictures yesterday to free 350MB of space. Today again, he faces the same problem of 0 bytes free. He assured saying he didn't use any whatsapp or click any pictures thereafter. Any idea as to what could be wrong?
Ask him to go to Settings > General > Storage and iCloud Usage > Manage storage

This will tell him which app is taking up the max amount of storage. He can then take the action accordingly.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:33   #8683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I am facing the same issue on my iPhone 6 16 GB. Today the "memory almost full" warning message came up. Manage storage in the settings shows 10.9 GB used & 812 MB available. However when I added up usage of all the apps mentioned on the settings page, it came out to around 5.5 GB. Where has the remaining 5 GB disappeared??

Any clues, folks? Help
Old 4th March 2016, 23:40   #8684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
I am facing the same issue on my iPhone 6 16 GB. Today the "memory almost full" warning message came up. Manage storage in the settings shows 10.9 GB used & 812 MB available. However when I added up usage of all the apps mentioned on the settings page, it came out to around 5.5 GB. Where has the remaining 5 GB disappeared??

Any clues, folks? Help
My friend has finally found the problem. Whatsapp, which apparently was occupying only "500mb" was the culprit. After deleting Whatsapp, he found 2.9gb of free space. Prior to deleting, it was 0 bytes.

Some online discussions suggest that the latest iOS update and the latest Whatsapp update are causing this problem. Do try this and see if it solves your problem. My friend has done away with Whatsapp until a fix is available.
Old 4th March 2016, 23:40   #8685
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Guys, did you update whatsapp in the recent past? Today got an update for whatsapp indicating a fix for abnormally high usage of storage space in the phone. Maybe that's what is causing the melee!

Oops! Looks like both of us posted at 3 second interval.

Try updating whatsapp now!

Last edited by printh : 4th March 2016 at 23:41.

Most Viewed