Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2016, 16:30   #9436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Got my iPhone 7 matt black 128 GB yesterday from Reliance Digital in Mumbai for INR 70,000.

Saw an actual piece of the 7 plus in jet black and did not like it one bit, it looks too plasticky (for want of a better expression). I would strongly urge people to first take a look at a physical piece of the jet black before buying, matt black looks very classy.

Reliance Digital, Citibank, Jio and Airtel have great offers:
1. INR 10,000 cash back after three months from Citibank.
2. Reliance Digital cash back of INR 3,000 after three months.
3.Carry your Adhar card while purchasing and get a Jio sim with completely free data and voice plans which are in effect till 31st December 2017, yes 2017 as per the newspapers today.

http://indianexpress.com/article/tec...ffers-3071735/

I have also ordered the Spigen Rugged Armor case INR 999 from Amazon which has guaranteed delivery by Monday.

http://www.amazon.in/iPhone-Spigen-R...=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 8th October 2016 at 16:33.
Old 8th October 2016, 22:26   #9437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post

Saw an actual piece of the 7 plus in jet black and did not like it one bit, it looks too plasticky (for want of a better expression). I would strongly urge people to first take a look at a physical piece of the jet black before buying, matt black looks very classy.

Cheers
Agree that the glossy black looks crappy with finger prints all over it. But if you can get a dbrand matte black skin to solve that problem then you can own an exclusive black apple box .
Old 8th October 2016, 23:16   #9438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Agree that the glossy black looks crappy with finger prints all over it. But if you can get a dbrand matte black skin to solve that problem then you can own an exclusive black apple box .
Buying a glossy black to add a matte black skin ? Couldn't one just go ahead and get the matte black instead?
Old 8th October 2016, 23:39   #9439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin_bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Buying a glossy black to add a matte black skin ? Couldn't one just go ahead and get the matte black instead?
Precisely, well said sunsetorange

Let me be clear, what I meant is not because of the phone being a fingerprint magnet - the jet black phone actually looks plasticky.

Cheers
Old 8th October 2016, 23:49   #9440
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my iPhone 7 delivered yesterday. The delivery guy came at 9pm sharp when the official launch was at 7pm same day. One of the senior guys of Flipkart/Ekart came along with the delivery guy and they gave me a free Cadbury and clicked a selfie with me. Quite random

Last time I bought the iPhone 6 exactly two years ago I got it from
Infibeam that was the only one offering day day delivery of the launch. I paid 62500rs I remember correctly for the iPhone 6. However this time with Flipkart I paid 70k and will get 10k cash back from Citibank in Jan. Plus another 1000rs off as per the coupon in the Flipkart box. Hence effectively the iPhone 7 has costed me 3500rs less than my iPhone 6 two years ago.

Also got the saddle brown leather case for my silver 128gb iPhone 7 from USA
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_6586.jpg  

Old 9th October 2016, 00:08   #9441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Didn't you read? You don't get the black apple box with the other colors. You must not be a real apple fan

Anyways.. The Jet black being the most wanted color might hold a better resale value later. And most people cover it up with a case anyways.
Old 9th October 2016, 07:59   #9442
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't you read? You don't get the black apple box with the other colors. You must not be a real apple fan

Anyways.. The Jet black being the most wanted color might hold a better resale value later. And most people cover it up with a case anyways.
For the outer box? I wasn't aware the jet black phone gets a black box. Though we both have iphone, guess we're not fans enough to bother ;-)
Old 9th October 2016, 11:57   #9443
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any idea what it may cost? The upper layer of glass has cracked after a fall. The phone is working fine and the inner display is fine. The model is 4s.

Thanks.

Last edited by saket77 : 9th October 2016 at 12:02.
Old 9th October 2016, 12:54   #9444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Guys, any idea what it may cost? The upper layer of glass has cracked after a fall. The phone is working fine and the inner display is fine. The model is 4s.

Thanks.

The cost of replacement will be higher than the resale value of the phone. Most of the repair guys replace both display and glass. If you manage to find someone willing to replace only the glass, it should cost less than 2k rupees.
Old 9th October 2016, 14:23   #9445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The cost of replacement will be higher than the resale value of the phone. Most of the repair guys replace both display and glass. If you manage to find someone willing to replace only the glass, it should cost less than 2k rupees.
Thanks. That means Apple ASC is a no go. Will scout the local market and check if they can replace just the glass.
Regards.
Old 9th October 2016, 15:26   #9446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Thanks.
Last year, one iPhone 4S in family got cracked after a fall.
The Apple quoted Rs. 10K for repair/replacement.

Local Shops quoted anywhere between 1100 to 2000 for replacement of Glass Digitizer + LCD as they are glued together and separating them is tedious task.

On the downside, you lose on crisp retina display and half of the charm of iPhone is gone.

You may look for screen from ifixit, they look promising.
Old 9th October 2016, 16:08   #9447
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like all the cash back offers have stopped, any currently active?

Tata cliq claimed to give 10k cash back on Hdfc cards till October 14th but seems like it's been pulled down already.
October
Old 9th October 2016, 17:40   #9448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Seems like all the cash back offers have stopped, any currently active?
There is a INR 7000 cash back on offer by Citibank valid till 31st December 2016 for EMI and non-EMI transactions. Check today's Bombay Times last page.

Cheers
Old 10th October 2016, 12:57   #9449
Team-BHP Support

I must say that Apple service is a class apart. Dropped my wife’s 6S at the service centre at around 11:30am due to the ‘no reception’ issue. They did some checks and in 30 mins called me back to collect a replacement phone. I asked if it’s a refurbished model, but they say Apple Singapore don’t do refurbished units and it’s indeed a brand new phone.
Old 11th October 2016, 05:47   #9450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I must say that Apple service is a class apart. Dropped my wife’s 6S at the service centre at around 11:30am due to the ‘no reception’ issue. They did some checks and in 30 mins called me back to collect a replacement phone. I asked if it’s a refurbished model, but they say Apple Singapore don’t do refurbished units and it’s indeed a brand new phone.
That's more out of the powers of consumer laws in the country, rather than Apple's benevolence. Personally, i don't think it would be a brand new phone, as it would always be boxed.

Most Viewed