Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 21:37   #9691
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
Settings->Itunes & App stores->Click on the Apple ID->Sign out->then, sign in with your own Apple ID.
If she doesn't need data back up, ideally set up as new with you id. If the iTunes password is available for the old id. Otherwise it will mess lot of things including address book, if they are being synced.
Old 14th December 2016, 23:20   #9692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If she doesn't need data back up, ideally set up as new with you id. If the iTunes password is available for the old id. Otherwise it will mess lot of things including address book, if they are being synced.

Thanks. Any help with my iPhone 6? Any place you know in US that can fix my phone
Old 15th December 2016, 17:25   #9693
BHPian

Updated iPhone 6 to iOS 10.2. Facing a very strange issue since then. Battery drained from 30% to 7% straight away and phone became very hot. I left it cool off for sometime and then plugged in the charger. Even though the phone was getting charged, the % was stuck at 9 for half hour. I removed the charger for a moment and put it back again. Now the battery % showed 30. Played a video in youtube just to check the battery usage without the charger pluggged in. Battery % came down to 27, which is acceptable. At this point, I put the charger plug again and the % jumps to 31. Very strange. Battery % never used to act this weird in iPhones(or iPods). It was always linear, be it charge or discharge.

PS: I am aware of this 30% battery problem which was there in China after iOS 10.1 update. But I am very much worried about my phone with iOS 10.2.

I am contemplating of restoring the backup of 10.1.2.

Please let me know if any one is facing same issue.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:09   #9694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
I just updated my 6 to 10.2.

Typically, there is a noticeable drop in battery % after an update. However, no issues on the battery charging behavior post the update.

I started charging my phone half an hour ago at 39% and now it stands at 70%.

Perhaps you can let the battery completely discharge and then fully charge it.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:12   #9695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Thanks. Any help with my iPhone 6? Any place you know in US that can fix my phone
You might want to search online for apple repair services near your place or approach apple stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Updated iPhone 6 to iOS 10.2. Facing a very strange issue since then.
====
You can try the following in case if not done yet.

1 - Kill all application > Switch off the mobile > Restart after 10-15 seconds > Charge fully maybe overnight and start using to see if the issue persists.

2- If Step 1 is not working, do a complete back up > restore the phone > and sync back and then charge full before using.

I am using 10.2 on two of my devices and not faced any such issues so far. Updated (using comp) and not restored in my case.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:24   #9696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

If you are under warranty Apple store is the best place they will get it replaced for free or a minimal amount. If it is not under warranty , I still suggest you take it to an apple store. They will let you know the charges before they repair . Suggest you book a genius bar appointment , Apple stores in US are crowded and you may not get an appointment as soon as you walk-in.
Old 16th December 2016, 03:53   #9697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You can try the following in case if not done yet.

1 - Kill all application > Switch off the mobile > Restart after 10-15 seconds > Charge fully maybe overnight and start using to see if the issue persists.

2- If Step 1 is not working, do a complete back up > restore the phone > and sync back and then charge full before using.

I am using 10.2 on two of my devices and not faced any such issues so far. Updated (using comp) and not restored in my case.
Just upgraded to 10.2. It was a scheduled overnight job with the phone plugged in and locked but I woke up while it was happening so checked just now. Everything seems to be working fine. The new emojis are overrated!
Old 16th December 2016, 09:23   #9698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Just upgraded to 10.2. It was a scheduled overnight job with the phone plugged in and locked but I woke up while it was happening so checked just now. Everything seems to be working fine. The new emojis are overrated!
Both my iPad and 6s feels much smoother after the update. No changes in battery life though. Overall a clean update without breaking anything.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:14   #9699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you cyborg! I was able to visit and fight with the service centre. They are giving me a replacement iPhone today evening !! They were not able to do anything, even factory reset didn't fix the issue. Hope the replacement phone works fine.
I got the replacement phone and the same issue exists!! Now thinking of visiting any other store and planning to get a 6s plus. Will sell this in OLX.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:27   #9700
BHPian

NEWS FLASH

Nintendo has released Super Mario Run in App Store. Just downloaded it and played a couple of times

It is a free download with in-app purchases to unlock further courses.

The iPhone Thread-super_mario_run.jpg
Old 16th December 2016, 10:52   #9701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am having a gps issue which apple is not acknowledging! It's been going on for the past 2 months. The gps works fine only in wifi and its acting crazy in mobile data irrespective of the carrier!
Quote:
I got the replacement phone and the same issue exists!! Now thinking of visiting any other store and planning to get a 6s plus. Will sell this in OLX.
What is the issue? Accuracy of location or something else? If it is happening over different devices then issue must be something else.
Old 16th December 2016, 11:07   #9702
BHPian

Quote:
What is the issue? Accuracy of location or something else? If it is happening over different devices then issue must be something else.

Yes accuracy of location in mobile data. The location shows anywhere between 500m to 2kms away from current location in mobile data. I have checked my friends 6s,5s and 6. They are not facing such issues. Also I believe that the intel chip is causing this issues and even software update cannot fix it. Please check this post for more screenshots of the issue.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post4105881
Old 16th December 2016, 12:24   #9703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes accuracy of location in mobile data.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0

Have you tried this?

Quote:
Go to settings go to general tab go to reset and click reset location worked for me
Edit: Also leave the wifi on (not connected) and see if it helps.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th December 2016 at 12:28.
Old 16th December 2016, 12:33   #9704
BHPian

Quote:
WOW!!! You are a life saver!! Finally this worked!!

I don't know why i didnt try it or even the apple service center tried it!! Anyways I have a brand new phone in my hand
Old 21st December 2016, 19:07   #9705
Senior - BHPian

Guys. My sister purchased an iPhone from the states and she will be traveling to India and will be using it here.

Will she be getting a tax refund at the airport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks