Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 22:54   #9886
BHPian

Yes, it's launched. Apple is upgrading all iPhones including iPhone 6 and iPhone SE to a minimum storage of 32gb.

Earlier iPhone 6S was upgraded to 32gb.
Old 4th March 2017, 23:08   #9887
BANNED

32gb iPhone 6 is available at amazon for 29k for the space grey.
Old 4th March 2017, 23:11   #9888
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

As far as I remember Apple never launched iP6 in 32gig version. They stopped production when iP6s was launched in 32 GB last year.
Old 4th March 2017, 23:37   #9889
BHPian

It's launched for Asian Markets. Just call up to Apple Customer Care to confirm.
Old 5th March 2017, 00:38   #9890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Get on the stuff cool website and order the pure tuff with one of the case mate covers I suggest.
Thanks a lot for the suggestion mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Even my iPhone used to feel warm all the time until I put a Spigen cover. After that I've never had this issue. Would suggest you to get that!
I've already ordered a bumper case mate! Updated to iOS 10.2.1 and now the phone works like a charm. No noticeable heating
Old 5th March 2017, 01:30   #9891
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
As far as I remember Apple never launched iP6 in 32gig version. They stopped production when iP6s was launched in 32 GB last year.
Exactly, they've relaunched the 6 now, with 32gb this time
Old 5th March 2017, 08:12   #9892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Exactly, they've relaunched the 6 now, with 32gb this time
But it doesnt show up in their official website. What am I missing here?
Old 5th March 2017, 08:39   #9893
BHPian

I can see both 6 and 6s in 32 GB. Hope they do further corrections and bring prices down for 6s as well.

6S
Old 5th March 2017, 11:58   #9894
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Thanks for this Mohit. Yes, I have moved from one Android phone to another using the method you outlined.

The thing is my WhatsApp messages are backed up locally on the Android phone with a 2nd backup on Google Drive. Will the IOS version of the app be able to restore from Google Drive? I will be using an iPhone after a gap of more than 5 years and am not familiar with the new versions of IOS. Hence the question.
Hi R2D2,

I had switched from Android to IOS in mid 2015. At that time all my messages were automatically synced on iPhone.
I know Whatsapp used to take regular backups every morning at 4AM on their servers.

You can try installing Whatsapp on your iPhone. If it does not sync, you can un-install and then again search for some solutions on the internet.

Another suggestion would be, since you know it is getting backed on Google drive on Android, install Google drive on ios first, sign in and then try installing Whatsapp.

Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 16:30   #9895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
32gb iPhone 6 is available at amazon for 29k for the space grey.
Silly question : Though i have bought quite a few items from Amazon in the past, i am little wary if the product will be original. Any one has taken an iPhone from Amazon? Any views on this please?
Old 5th March 2017, 17:08   #9896
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Silly question : Though i have bought quite a few items from Amazon in the past, i am little wary if the product will be original. Any one has taken an iPhone from Amazon? Any views on this please?
I have bought phones, although not iPhones and amazon does give original stuff.
In case you are worried, I would suggest you, at the time of receiving the phone. Without breaking the seal , just check the serial number on the Apple website https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...48747831,d.dGcHere

It should show up as not activated. and when you put your sim, it would start the warranty. If anything would be wrong, it would tell you invalid number.

This is a useful tip to guarantee the authenticity of any iPhone that you're buying anywhere in the world.
Old 5th March 2017, 19:10   #9897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I've bought iPhone on Amazon.in, no worries, even though I'm not a prime customer
Amazon is best in India when it comes to returns & refunds
Old 5th March 2017, 20:08   #9898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi R2D2,

I had switched from Android to IOS in mid 2015. At that time all my messages were automatically synced on iPhone.
I know Whatsapp used to take regular backups every morning at 4AM on their servers.
Hey thanks ZMG. Anyways, it was a storm in a tea cup. My better half decided she wanted my iPhone as an upgrade to her 2 year old Nexus. And I gave it to her as a gift for our wedding anniversary that's just around the corner.

So, no need to restore WA messages as she doesn't mind losing those messages (99.9999% junk/forwards as is the norm).

I am back to my trusty Android for now and would rather wait for the much talked about IP8 or IP10 whatever it'll be called is launched later this year.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:04   #9899
Team-BHP Support

Thinking of getting the 6 (32GB) model for dad. He's retired now, and is not a heavy user so the latest models are overkill (not to mention horrendously overpriced). Calls/text, some internet and video calling with my niece constitute his primary usage.

He's happy with his trusty Motorola, and this is more a vanity purchase as I want him to have something nice after years of making do with functional, sturdy stuff.

Only question, is there a catch to buying the 6 support-wise? Fuss-free ownership is top priority, else I'd almost ordered a OnePlus 3T.

P.S. He's in Bhopal so local support may not exist for lesser-known brands.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th March 2017 at 10:06.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:07   #9900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Fuss-free ownership is top priority, else I'd almost ordered a OnePlus 3T.
Isn't it a two year old phone technology wise? You will be better off with a OP3T with extended warranty

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks