Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2017, 16:53   #10066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Many thanks, bhp_maniac! This lens adds value to the beautiful iPhone 7 plus camera!

Amazing picture quality. You should send this to Apple. 😄
Old 11th May 2017, 10:30   #10067
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

The iPhone SE 32GB variant is now available on Amazon for an effective price of Rs.18999 (after Rs.2000 Citibank cash back)

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B06ZXWW...doL&ref=plSrch

The 64GB variant is available for an effective price of Rs.24990.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01DXTT...M1L&ref=plSrch

Though I would really prefer the extra storage, but is it worth spending 6k extra for that? I don't store music or movies on my phone except for WhatsApp clips, so I think 32GB should suffice.

By the way, Apple's website only lists Flipkart and Infibeam as their authorized online retailers.

https://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers/

So is it even safe to buy from Amazon or PayTM?
Old 11th May 2017, 16:55   #10068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The iPhone SE 32GB variant is now available on Amazon for an effective price of Rs.18999 (after Rs.2000 Citibank cash back)

Though I would really prefer the extra storage, but is it worth spending 6k extra for that? I don't store music or movies on my phone except for WhatsApp clips, so I think 32GB should suffice.

By the way, Apple's website only lists Flipkart and Infibeam as their authorized online retailers.

I bought my iPhone 6 online from ebay seller with VAT paid bill and manufacturer warranty 2 years back.
I had to claim warranty due to some problem with camera. Apple honored it without question. They didn't even ask for physical invoice copy. They just look into their system and done.
If the bill is VAT paid then it's with manufacturer warranty.

Last month i bought iPhone 7 256gb from Paytm. It's also registered in apple database as i confirmed later on.

Last edited by Nicky : 11th May 2017 at 16:56.
Old 11th May 2017, 17:02   #10069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

I was just about to post the same as I'm looking for a purchase of the iphone SE too. After so much thinking, I'm going forward with the iphone SE 64 GB because the already existing storage of 32 GB in my existing phone is almost getting full and I don't wish to change my phone unless this is dead! If you do not use too many apps and don't store much music and movies, 32 GB should be good and at 19k, it's a total steal.

I think I'm buying through PayTM as of now at 27.5k minus a 2,500 paytm cash back (very useful for me) making it effectively 25k. The amazon sellers of iphone SE don't seem to be good. More than 50% of the reviews are extremely awful even showing signs of them selling refurbished items of iphone SE. Kindly do check them before you buy
Old 11th May 2017, 17:31   #10070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I. The amazon sellers of iphone SE don't seem to be good. More than 50% of the reviews are extremely awful even showing signs of them selling refurbished items of iphone SE. Kindly do check them before you buy

I bought the 64 gb from amazon in march from amazon and it was a brand new March 2017 device . No issues till now , warranty is there and it shows on apple website too.
Old 11th May 2017, 18:16   #10071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I bought the 64 gb from amazon in march from amazon and it was a brand new March 2017 device . No issues till now , warranty is there and it shows on apple website too.
That's great to know I was a little skeptical about amazon due to many such reviews and just wanted to ask Oxy to be careful about. (link - http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-SE...r&pageNumber=1)

How's the SE performing and I assume 64 gb is good enough for most purposes?
Old 11th May 2017, 18:22   #10072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
That's great to know I was a little skeptical about amazon due to many such reviews and just wanted to ask Oxy to be careful about. (link - http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-SE...r&pageNumber=1)

How's the SE performing and I assume 64 gb is good enough for most purposes?

The iPhone is holding up pretty well. It's a beast and yes 64gb is more than sufficient for me .
Old 11th May 2017, 18:30   #10073
Senior - BHPian

My 1 year old iPhone SE 64 Gb is running out of battery within half a day. By 1300, it goes into low power mode. Recharged till 1700, runs out by 2200. Initially it used to last the whole day. Infact when I was in Singapore, on Singtel, it used to last for 2 days. There are no new apps installed. Whatsapp uses about 28%, Home and lock screen uses 9%, I books 9%, Camera (Audio) 7%. All the rest use <5%. I am on 3G, wifi and Bluetooth all the time. I know that switching these off will improve my battery usage marginally, but I need them on. Will changing my network from BSNL to Airtel (in Bangalore) help?
I've also run the battery down till it switched off and then fully charged it, but to no avail. I use the original charger and cable always. I'm using a Speck case.
Can other users tell me how much their battery lasts?
Also the home button seems a bit hard. Is this normal with usage?
Old 15th May 2017, 14:17   #10074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
My 1 year old iPhone SE 64 Gb is running out of battery within half a day. By 1300, it goes into low power mode. Recharged till 1700, runs out by 2200. Initially it used to last the whole day. Infact when I was in Singapore, on Singtel, it used to last for 2 days. There are no new apps installed. Whatsapp uses about 28%, Home and lock screen uses 9%, I books 9%, Camera (Audio) 7%. All the rest use <5%. I am on 3G, wifi and Bluetooth all the time. I know that switching these off will improve my battery usage marginally, but I need them on. Will changing my network from BSNL to Airtel (in Bangalore) help?
I've also run the battery down till it switched off and then fully charged it, but to no avail. I use the original charger and cable always. I'm using a Speck case.
Can other users tell me how much their battery lasts?
Also the home button seems a bit hard. Is this normal with usage?
That is really bad. Assume you never charge with battery pack or power bank. If it is one year old see if you can get the battery changed under warranty. Test it one weekend with no 3G, Bluetooth and wifi and combinations of the three to see what is discharging the battery most heavily. Good luck
Old 15th May 2017, 14:27   #10075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My 1 year old iPhone SE 64 Gb is running out of battery within half a day. By 1300, it goes into low power mode. Recharged till 1700, runs out by 2200. Initially it used to last the whole day. Infact when I was in Singapore, on Singtel, it used to last for 2 days. There are no new apps installed. Whatsapp uses about 28%, Home and lock screen uses 9%, I books 9%, Camera (Audio) 7%. All the rest use <5%. I am on 3G, wifi and Bluetooth all the time. ?
WhatsApp is using a lot of your power. Can you close it completely a d restart it to see if the consumption is lesser. Double click home button and swipe away all the open apps.
How much screen time are you getting in those 8 hours or so?
Finally, try switching off Bluetooth alone. Bluetooth is a power consumer. Do you really need it on all the time?
Old 15th May 2017, 14:57   #10076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My 1 year old iPhone SE 64 Gb is running out of battery within half a day.
How is the service reception?

One of the biggest reasons for a quick draining battery is poor connectivity. Try the SIM of some other provider and check if the phone behaves the same way.

Alternately, keep the phone in Airplane mode overnight and check how the battery behaves.
Old 15th May 2017, 15:34   #10077
Senior - BHPian

I need to use Bluetooth to connect to my MacBook or iPad. And whatsapp usage is quite high. At least 100 messages per day. I think it must be a connectivity issue. Though I have 3 bars +, 3G speeds are <1 Mbps all the time. Signal strength is usually <-84dBm. I wanted feedback from other SE users before porting to a different network.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:51   #10078

I am using iPhone SE 64GB for more than a month.
Haven't seen any extreme battery drain. But it all depends on usage pattern.
I use 3G+Wifi all the time, but am an average user of Whatsapp.
I am on Vodafone in Mumbai circle.
Old 17th May 2017, 10:55   #10079
BHPian

So yes, finally, after waiting and reviewing my choice for quite sometime, plunged into an iphone SE from Paytm. I booked a space grey model and the final price that I paid was 25k (27.5 - 2.5k paytm cashback). This seems to be one of the lowest prices along with what amazon offered a few days back. The phone should be here by May 22. I hope to keep this phone for quite a long time and hope it serves well. I also have Moto G2 as a back up phone.
Old 17th May 2017, 23:03   #10080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Amazing picture quality. You should send this to Apple. 😄
Thank you, Pancham! Some more pics from Palazzo Cinemas, Forum Mall, Vadapalani, Chennai. iPhone 7 plus/Olloclip Wide Angle Lens.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-topaz-1579001.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-topaz-1581001.jpg  

Most Viewed