Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 23:53   #10246
BHPian

Hi guys. Does anyone have any contact in pune where one can get a water damaged iphone repaired.
I kept the iPhone in uncooked rice for 4 days to take out the water. After that I switched it on and it worked but next day when I connected it to the charger, the apple logo just comes and goes. Showed it to iphone service center as it was under warranty but when they tried to format it they found that the hardware is damaged by water.
Old 5th August 2017, 19:53   #10247
BHPian

Are the expansion drive available for i phones any good? If so, which is the best?
Old 5th August 2017, 22:00   #10248
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
Scroll down and you'll see usage and standby time there. The Usage time is the SOT.
Right, so here's how my phone's battery performs when discharged from 100% to 20%. As expected the phone, my primary handset, has lasted 1.5-2 days without a recharge.

SOT - 8 hrs 40 mins,
Standby 46 hrs 32 mins

For me this battery life is great compared to my Android handsets which show a SOT of about 5-6 hours at max. To be fair they are are AMOLED screens.

What SOT and standby readings are you getting?
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_8473.png  

Last edited by R2D2 : 5th August 2017 at 22:02.
Old 5th August 2017, 22:20   #10249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Right, so here's how my phone's battery performs when discharged from 100% to 20%. As expected the phone, my primary handset, has lasted 1.5-2 days without a recharge.

SOT - 8 hrs 40 mins,
Standby 46 hrs 32 mins

For me this battery life is great compared to my Android handsets which show a SOT of about 5-6 hours at max. To be fair they are are AMOLED screens.

What SOT and standby readings are you getting?

I'm getting very poor SOT. 6 hours max(even with low power mode). Used to be almost 7 before the 10.3.3 update. I also game a lot. Yours might be casual use?
Do you keep the low power mode on always?
Old 5th August 2017, 22:37   #10250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting very poor SOT. 6 hours max(even with low power mode). Used to be almost 7 before the 10.3.3 update. I also game a lot. Yours might be casual use? Do you keep the low power mode on always?
Ah! You game a lot. That should explain the lower mileage per charge. Keeping that in mind I don't think 6-7 hours SOT is poor at all.

I don't use the low power mode. To maximise battery life I keep the charge levels between 40-80% (which why I couldn't get SOT and standby the first time around). This applies to all my phones. I charge to 100% and down to 5% only once in 4-6 months to calibrate the battery,

My usage is confined to using the phone for calls, browsing the Internet and of course sundry apps like WhatsApp, Email, Banking, shopping, etc.
Old 5th August 2017, 23:25   #10251
BANNED

I would like to give a correction, that usage time is NOT screen on time, and it is not comparable to how android calculates screen on time. This is basically the time your cpu was working in an "Active " state and not in sleep.

But generally what I have noticed with all iPhones- great standby performance and with light usage, but battery drains really fast with intensive tasks like video, web, gaming etc
Android remains balanced with all kinds of tasks but the performance in standby is not as great unless your background tasks are all paused.
Old 5th August 2017, 23:39   #10252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
But generally what I have noticed with all iPhones- great standby performance and with light usage, but battery drains really fast with intensive tasks like video, web, gaming etc
Android remains balanced with all kinds of tasks but the performance in standby is not as great unless your background tasks are all paused.

I agree with you totally since am using both the ecosystems together since the last year (courtesy Jio and Airtel). iPhone standby battery is amazing it hardly loses 5-10% the whole night even with the data on compared to my Motorola which loses 20-25% in similar circumstances. With usage I find the screen on time (total usage) with casual browsing or reading to be 5 hours maybe max 6 hours on par with most androids and not really ground breaking even though I am using a 6S+ with the plus versions having a larger battery and much better battery life than their smaller siblings.

To get a better measure of screen on time as is measured in android you can check out battery you consume if u r using your phone for many hours at a stretch (like what happens in our lectures in med school). Most of my friends run out of battery in their S8s and S7s due to the 2K Amoled displays earlier than the bigger iphones but the difference is mostly about an hour not that great as this active time (cpu active time as correctly mentioned by Agam) makes you believe. Hope this helps.
Old 6th August 2017, 15:15   #10253
BHPian

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1502012636.585398.jpg
This is the new issue that I'm facing after 10.3.3 update. Even when the phone is not being used the time is added under the usage section making the usage and standby time exactly the same. This makes the battery life not so good as it is draining it continuously. Please note that there were no apps running in the background.
Old 6th August 2017, 17:48   #10254
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a query.

My iPhone's photo gallery is synced with Google photos. So if I delete any 'already synced' photo from my phone will the same photo get deleted from the google photos as well? Since this is what happens with the icloud photo back up.

I am looking to free up some space as I am looking to downgrade from my iPhone 6 64GB to an SE 32GB.
Old 6th August 2017, 19:16   #10255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1664282
This is the new issue that I'm facing after 10.3.3 update. Even when the phone is not being used the time is added under the usage section making the usage and standby time exactly the same. This makes the battery life not so good as it is draining it continuously. Please note that there were no apps running in the background.
What was your battery standby and usage time before 10.3.3?

As @agambhandari pointed out usage time is not SOT but CPU usage. That makes sense.

According to your screenshot you have 2 apps i.e. WhatsApp and Snapchat with background activity which MAY be responsible. Try installing a battery management app like Battery Doctor to help you.

Also, take a look at this page:

http://solutionowl.com/ultimate-guid...battery-drain/
Old 6th August 2017, 21:25   #10256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I have a query.

My iPhone's photo gallery is synced with Google photos. So if I delete any 'already synced' photo from my phone will the same photo get deleted from the google photos as well? Since this is what happens with the icloud photo back up.

I am looking to free up some space as I am looking to downgrade from my iPhone 6 64GB to an SE 32GB.

Don't have an answer for your query, but have a new query though. How do you sync your photo gallery with the Google Photos?
Old 6th August 2017, 23:31   #10257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Don't have an answer for your query, but have a new query though. How do you sync your photo gallery with the Google Photos?
I launched Google Photos from Google Drive and it started to sync automatically.
Old 7th August 2017, 00:49   #10258
BHPian

Re: Advanced Sound Accessport: Hi-res Audio Amplifier for iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Stumbled accross this on Kickstarter while looking for a solution to the iPhone 7's "charge and listen to music/make calls at the same time" problem.
===========
So what do the audio gurus have to say? On paper, does it sound like a good purchase? And any BHP-ians who got the Accessport?
I ordered similar from www.indiegogo.com 5 months back for my iphone 7:

I payed in full. However they didnt ship the product yet. They keep on saying issues with products received from vendor and keep on delaying. The problem with kickstarter is that the product may never come to life and all money spent will be lost ! I lost $20 this way in this thing

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th August 2017 at 14:40. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts and youtube links. Affects readability. Thanks.
Old 7th August 2017, 19:39   #10259
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I ordered similar from www.indiegogo.com 5 months back for my iphone 7:

I payed in full. However they didnt ship the product yet. They keep on saying issues with products received from vendor and keep on delaying. The problem with kickstarter is that the product may never come to life and all money spent will be lost ! I lost $20 this way in this thing

Oh crap!
This is why I stay away from Indiegogo. Kickstarter is a lot more legit comparatively. Plus the one I got was from an established company, not a first-timer.
Have funded 7 campaigns on KS, including this $220 watch (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4240076), and have never lost a penny, touchwood.
But 3-4 month delay is common with the campaigns. How many months past due date is this?
Old 8th August 2017, 09:13   #10260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I have a query.

No, it doesn't happen with Google photos. Photos only get deleted from icloud once you delete from iphone. But all the photos stay in google photos once uploaded. I do it on my iPhone regularly and it's a blessing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks