Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 18:09   #10516
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
PS : Any means/steps/suggestions on going back/ restoring to 10.3 is welcome.
I was fed up with the issues from ios 11 on my iphone 6s. I eventually moved back to ios 10.3.3 which works perfect ! The only drawback is you lose your data backed up with IOS 11. If you are ok with that, then follow the steps mentioned here: http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-dow....3.3-tutorial/

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 6th October 2017 at 18:11.
Old 6th October 2017, 18:40   #10517
Senior - BHPian

I was accidentally shifted to iOS 11 on iPhone se. nothing spectacularly bad as yet. Shortcut not turning off wifi/Bluetooth is a bummer. But rest seems ok.
Old 6th October 2017, 23:48   #10518
CDM
BHPian

I have an iPhone 7 running on iOS 11.0.2. Working fine with the swipe up shortcuts also working.

CDM
Old 7th October 2017, 09:34   #10519
BHPian

I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 11. Phone is considerably slow. Can’t find much bugs though. But what I can’t take on is the battery life! It’s pathetic. And yes, I’ve updated to iOS 11.0.2. Hope Apple fixes it asap.

In other news, I bought an iPhone 6s as well. Any recommendations on a good case? (Alternatives to Spigen, budget < 2k). Thanks!
Old 7th October 2017, 10:39   #10520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 11. Phone is considerably slow. Can’t find much bugs though. But what I can’t take on is the battery life! It’s pathetic. And yes, I’ve updated to iOS 11.0.2. Hope Apple fixes it asap.

In other news, I bought an iPhone 6s as well. Any recommendations on a good case? (Alternatives to Spigen, budget < 2k). Thanks!
I have iOS 11 (haven't upgraded to the new bug fixes) on my 5s. I updated using iTunes. Yet, I find my phone to be slow and there's a distinct lag in all the operations. I hope it gets fixed soon as I can't tolerate the lag.

The battery life hasn't changed much. The other issue, as reported by others, is the phone disconnects from the Wi-Fi the moment you lock the screen. So while the phone is idle, its not connected to WiFi and you won't get any notification. The solution, Airtel 4G.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:32   #10521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
I updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 11. Phone is considerably slow. Can't find much bugs though. But what I can't take on is the battery life! It's pathetic. And yes, I've updated to iOS 11.0.2. Hope Apple fixes it asap.

Spigen is overrated. My rugged armor became loose in 3-4 months, i could move the phone around in the case. I really liked the ultra hybrid 2, but the transparent back get scratched very easily. I picked up an amazonbasics clear case, which is exactly like the ultra hybrid 2, but was a steal at 350ish, even compared to the USD11 i paid to get the ultra hybrid from the US.
Old 8th October 2017, 00:38   #10522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post

Noticed it today. I am a bit confused between buying a 64 gb or 256gb. I was using a 6s with 64 GB ( till I passed it on to the Mrs and got an SE which I hate for the small size) and that seemed sufficient. But then I use my phones for atleast 3 years and 64 GB shouldn't fall short.
Anyhowz, I am waiting for the Silver 256 to show up and will take a call then.
I use my phone for around 3 years before I start looking for an upgrade too, came across an excellent article which may help you decide on which size to get. I'm personally waiting for the iPhone X to decide whether or not to upgrade, my 5s is painfully slow after iOS11

https://www.phonearena.com/news/64GB...-space_id98083

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Edit:PAYTM now allows you to input GSTIN. For me, thats a huge deal as I purchase in my Company name and with GSTIN, I will get Input Tax credit for the 12% GST applicable on phones.
Oh yes! This along with cashback makes it hard to overlook them. I picked up a iPhone 7 plus 256 gb for my sister at 45k+ after cash back and availing credit.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 8th October 2017 at 00:40.
Old 8th October 2017, 00:38   #10523
BHPian

A little search on the web says indexing of files and app by the new os version will be happening in background for 3-5 days, after which the battery life should return back to normal which exactly happened in my iPhone SE. So, no need to worry about battery drain within first week of updating to iOS 11. iOS 11.0.2 had squashed plenty of bugs. It looks far more stable and fluidic to use in my phone. Cheers.
Old 8th October 2017, 12:14   #10524
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I picked up a iPhone 7 plus 256 gb for my sister at 45k+ after cash back and availing credit.
You got to be kidding me
Old 9th October 2017, 07:30   #10525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have iOS 11 (haven't upgraded to the new bug fixes) on my 5s. I updated using iTunes. Yet, I find my phone to be slow and there's a distinct lag in all the operations. I hope it gets fixed soon as I can't tolerate the lag.

The battery life hasn't changed much. The other issue, as reported by others, is the phone disconnects from the Wi-Fi the moment you lock the screen. So while the phone is idle, its not connected to WiFi and you won't get any notification. The solution, Airtel 4G.
I would be highly irritated if i updated my 5S to iOS 11 and had to face those issues. I shall continue to watch and wait. Quite happy with iOS 10 for now.
Old 9th October 2017, 07:36   #10526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The WiFi issue is sorted. This is a new iOS feature where, for every WiFi connection saved in phone, you have to go and select the "Auto Join" option in the WiFi settings. Only then the phone remains connected to the Wifi when it is in range.
One day thing less to worry for now.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:13   #10527
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I would be highly irritated if i updated my 5S to iOS 11 and had to face those issues. I shall continue to watch and wait. Quite happy with iOS 10 for now.

I updated my 7 Plus to iOS 11, but immediate regretted that decision! Application crashes, sluggish (sometimes), camera hangs etc. another thing I noticed is that when you disable wifi and Bluetooth from the control centre, it actually doesn't shut off the radio - it just disconnects from the devices. To shut off the radio, one has to go to settings and disable it! Don't like this one bit.

Have kept my 5S and wife's 7 Plus still on iOS 10. Spectator mode now

Edit: after upgrading to 7 Plus, the 5S feels so tiny! I was thinking the other day "how the heck did I use this phone for 2yrs! "

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th October 2017 at 10:02. Reason: Fixed text for random characters.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:50   #10528
Team-BHP Support

Is there anyway to stop the phone from auto-enabling WiFi? I find that a pretty irritating feature with the new OS
Old 9th October 2017, 09:35   #10529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is there anyway to stop the phone from auto-enabling WiFi? I find that a pretty irritating feature with the new OS
Switch off the Wifi from the Settings. This will disable it completely.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:03   #10530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post

Tell me about it! In iOS 10, if you disabled the wifi or Bluetooth from the control centre, it would disable it completely. Don't know why it's different in 11.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th October 2017 at 10:16. Reason: Fixed random characters in text.

Most Viewed