Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2018, 18:24   #11431
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sorry, I did not have the brand name - got it from the shop next to my office here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Have been using this case for my iPhone X
Thanks, hope it saves the phone during a drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
They end up looking bulky though, but its a trade off of function over form.
The exact reason for not buying it
I tend to like the sleek/slim profile and hence my hunt on the tempered glass and back protection.
Old 25th October 2018, 19:06   #11432
Distinguished - BHPian

Apple will be launching new iPads on 30 Oct. How long will it be before they are available in stores in Bangalore?
Old 25th October 2018, 20:53   #11433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Apple will be launching new iPads on 30 Oct. How long will it be before they are available in stores in Bangalore?

That will be the iPad Pro series. The entry level iPad was refreshed in March, and is unlikely to be updated again.
Given the current prices, the pro is expected to start at 60k INR for the base 64GB. Since the demand for the pro series is generally not heavy, it should be available in stores by end November. All of this is my analysis, so wait till 31st october for the announcement.
Old 26th October 2018, 06:44   #11434
Senior - BHPian

I use nothing but Spigen cases. Numerous drops later, the phone looks fresh for years. No breakage ever. It's slim fit, and the construction is really rugged. This one is on my X.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_8054.jpg  

Old 26th October 2018, 07:00   #11435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
That will be the iPad Pro series. The entry level iPad was refreshed in March, and is unlikely to be updated again.
Given the current prices, the pro is expected to start at 60k INR for the base 64GB. Since the demand for the pro series is generally not heavy, it should be available in stores by end November. All of this is my analysis, so wait till 31st october for the announcement.
I am looking for iPad pro. I am interested in pairing 12.9 ipad with Logitech slim combo keyboard or Brydge keyboard to mimic "macbook with touch screen". I saw some rave reviews of this setup on youtube. Just confused about the timing - to do this with current version immediately or wait for the new iPad launch and then the compatible keyboards, etc.

The iPhone Thread-macbookipadprosidebyside.jpg

source: https://www.macobserver.com/reviews/...12-9-ipad-pro/

Last edited by androdev : 26th October 2018 at 07:02.
Old 26th October 2018, 07:43   #11436
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for iPad pro. I am interested in pairing 12.9 ipad with Logitech slim combo keyboard or Brydge keyboard to mimic "macbook with touch screen". I saw some rave reviews of this setup on Youtube. Just confused about the timing - to do this with current version immediately or wait for the new iPad launch and then the compatible keyboards, etc.

I was thinking of a similar setup, and use Mac OS off the cloud if and when required. But, the lack of mouse/pointer support makes it really awkward to use in a laptop position.
I ended up with a macbook + 2018 iPad 9.7 with pencil combo.
This works for me, since I actually do need Mac OS, and was looking at the iPad Pro only to save carrying weight.

On another note, why not look at the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 instead. If you don't detest Windows, that is actually perfect for your use case.

Last edited by ampere : 29th October 2018 at 07:34. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 26th October 2018, 07:46   #11437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for iPad pro. I am interested in pairing 12.9 ipad with Logitech slim combo keyboard or Brydge keyboard to mimic "macbook with touch screen". I saw some rave reviews of this setup on Youtube. Just confused about the timing - to do this with current version immediately or wait for the new iPad launch and then the compatible keyboards, etc.
The only negative of the iPad set up would be no access to file systems which also means that you cannot install apps outside of the app store unless you are jailbroken. If access to file system and ability to install apps outside is important, I would go with the MacBook.

Last edited by ampere : 29th October 2018 at 07:35. Reason: compacted quote post, removed dead links
Old 26th October 2018, 10:15   #11438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I use nothing but Spigen cases. Numerous drops later, the phone looks fresh for years. No breakage ever. It's slim fit, and the construction is really rugged. This one is on my X.
Love the Spigen cases especially for their slimmer profile.

Earlier today, dropped a note to Rhinoshield support about my specific requirement (screens to withstand accidental fall) and based on their initial response seems they recommend the impact protection screen protector. Will be procuring one for both front and back and see how it goes.

The iPhone Thread-untitled.jpg

Have couple of queries on the features/functionalities of iPX.
1. How do you force close an app. I tried the swipe up from bottom, hold it for a second for the app switcher to show up. Hold the app for the - (minus) symbol to show up, but nothing displays.
Should I swipe up the app like the traditional method?
2. In one of the YouTube videos, the keyboard can be switched to a trackpad by holding any key for few seconds. Tried, but it never shows up. Am I missing something?

Last edited by dre@ms : 26th October 2018 at 10:21. Reason: Added queries
Old 26th October 2018, 10:38   #11439
Team-BHP Support

Re: iPhone X and conked 3D touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Will this work on an iphone X purchased in USA and being used in India?
Yes now the iPhone is also covered under international warranty. The amazon seller had confirmed the same as replies to one of the queries, posted along with the item.
Old 26th October 2018, 12:26   #11440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post

Have couple of queries on the features/functionalities of iPX.
1. How do you force close an app. I tried the swipe up from bottom, hold it for a second for the app switcher to show up. Hold the app for the - (minus) symbol to show up, but nothing displays.
Should I swipe up the app like the traditional method?
2. In one of the YouTube videos, the keyboard can be switched to a trackpad by holding any key for few seconds. Tried, but it never shows up. Am I missing something?

1. What software version are you running ?
From IOS 12 onwards you don't need to press the minus sign you can swipe the app up to force close it.

2.Thats 3-d touch in the works press the screen hard to activate it. Once you do that the keyboard gets blurred and a cursor appears.
Old 26th October 2018, 13:05   #11441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
1. What software version are you running ?
From IOS 12 onwards you don't need to press the minus sign you can swipe the app up to force close it.
Using the latest 12.0.1 and thanks for letting know that the traditional method works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
2.Thats 3-d touch in the works press the screen hard to activate it. Once you do that the keyboard gets blurred and a cursor appears.
Wasn't aware a hard touch and hold is required for 3D touch to work. Tried and it works

Update on the decision: Placed the order for a backskin and front\back screen protectors. Costed around 2.7K incl. shipping. Without the backskin, cost was exceeding 3K, so had to choose it as well

Last edited by dre@ms : 26th October 2018 at 13:07. Reason: Added update
Old 29th October 2018, 02:30   #11442
Senior - BHPian

Guys, it looks like e-sim is not enabled for the new set of iPhones in India as yet. They say it would be rolled out later via a soft ware update. And even though we keep hearing that Airtel and JIO are ready with the E-sim, apparently they too are not ready with the e-sim as well.

Also, is anyone out of India using this functionality? Im keen to switch to the Xr purely for this dual sim functionality; but im a little apprehensive of my office number and personal number getting mixed up. And in my office they install air watch meaning the phone gets a profile installed and there are some restrictions that come with such an arrangement.

While I want the convenience of one phone, im a little apprehensive of office and personal stuff getting mixed up.
Old 29th October 2018, 02:41   #11443
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Guys, it looks like e-sim is not enabled for the new set of iPhones in India as yet. They say it would be rolled out later via a soft ware update. And even though we keep hearing that Airtel and JIO are ready with the E-sim, apparently they too are not ready with the e-sim as well.

Also, is anyone out of India using this functionality? Im keen to switch to the Xr purely for this dual sim functionality; but im a little apprehensive of my office number and personal number getting mixed up. And in my office they install air watch meaning the phone gets a profile installed and there are some restrictions that come with such an arrangement.

While I want the convenience of one phone, im a little apprehensive of office and personal stuff getting mixed up.
The eSim has not been enabled anywhere yet in the new iPhones. iOS 12 Will enable it, will roll out within the next 2 weeks most likely. Could also be announced on the 30th October event by Apple.
Old 29th October 2018, 05:51   #11444
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I’ve been using an iPad Pro 9.7 inch with Apple Pencil and the OEM Apple Key Board cover now for more than 7-8 months. I am finding it to be a more than adequate MacBook Air substitute given my usage.
This iPad Pro plus my iPhone 7 and their respective chargers, one universal adapter plus one slim powerbank are the only electronic read/write capable items that I carry when I travel within India and outside. I even leave my kindle behind.

Quote:

Attachment 1811716

source: https://www.macobserver.com/reviews/...12-9-ipad-pro/
Old 29th October 2018, 12:45   #11445
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am looking for iPad pro. I am interested in pairing 12.9 ipad with Logitech slim combo keyboard or Brydge keyboard to mimic "macbook with touch screen". I saw some rave reviews of this setup on Youtube.
The MS Surface Pro is terrific for this kind of a setup. That is unless you don't mind stepping away from the Apple ecosystem. I know, I do. Apple has me hooked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks