Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 13:06   #11701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
Whats the main reason for your switch back? Is it battery life on the Note9
Note 9 battery life is becoming pathetic day by day. Harldy 3 to 4 hours of Screen time and 12 hrs of backup. I am escalating my issue to Samsung before I switch to another device. Samsung exynos model is having this issue as per my research
Old 27th April 2019, 14:12   #11702
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Planning a trip to Hong Kong next month. Wanted to know whether iPhone's are cheaper over there compared to India? If so, which one to buy & from where?

I had bought 2 iPhone's (6s) back in March 2016 from Dubai as they were cheaper there by about 12-15k if i remember correctly. They are still working flawlessly till today.
Old 27th April 2019, 15:57   #11703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Planning a trip to Hong Kong next month. Wanted to know whether iPhone's are cheaper over there compared to India? If so, which one to buy & from where?.
Unsure about the iPhone, but I picked up an Apple Watch 3 for 23K from the Apple HK authorised outlet when it was 42K in IN.
Old 29th April 2019, 19:15   #11704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil2307 View Post
Whats the main reason for your switch back? Is it battery life on the Note9
Yes, battery life mainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Note 9 battery life is becoming pathetic day by day. Harldy 3 to 4 hours of Screen time and 12 hrs of backup. I am escalating my issue to Samsung before I switch to another device. Samsung exynos model is having this issue as per my research
I agree. Exynos sucks
Old 1st May 2019, 13:10   #11705
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Anyone using XR? I am planning to get one with discounts floating around. Heard some stories about call drops/signal reception as well.
Currently am using OnePlus. Should I go for it?
Thanks for your time.

Im Using it for a month now. Its a upgrade for me over SE and IP6 so obviously its big difference I notice in day 2 day usage . Battery life is fantastic , screen is ok ( I compare it with my wife IP X ) , very fast and great low light camera ! No problem in main functionality of the phone , that is call reception and quality . I had some problem in data usage while travelling in car , for eg. the YouTube video just keeps loading or so and plays after 2-3 minutes , it was irritating though ! But a network resetting helped and so far ok ! Not sure whether its phone or Vodafone issue ! Anyway go did it , little heavy to carry around .. but overall good buy!

Last edited by vishnana : 1st May 2019 at 13:12.
Old 1st May 2019, 14:19   #11706
Distinguished - BHPian

iPhone 6s - is anyone else facing problems of low battery life - needs charging once during the day also ? We have been seeing this for a long time
Old 1st May 2019, 15:22   #11707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
iPhone 6s - is anyone else facing problems of low battery life - needs charging once during the day also ? We have been seeing this for a long time
Yes, i am facing this issue. Even after keeping the battery saving mode on, i have to charge my 6s twice a day. I bought it in Oct 2016.
Battery health show 79%.
Old 1st May 2019, 15:39   #11708
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Yes, i am facing this issue. Even after keeping the battery saving mode on, i have to charge my 6s twice a day. I bought it in Oct 2016.
Battery health show 79%.
I was also facing some battery issues with my 6S (bought in May 2016) late last year. Battery health showed 85%. Went to the service centre in late December to get the battery changed in the battery programme Apple was running. Paid 2k to get a new battery and now the phone is as good as new. My plan was to upgrade to the XS in January this year but I feel that I can easily wait until the new iPhone comes out in September.

I think the battery costs 4k or 5k without the replacement program. Still worth it if you wish to use the phone for a further year or so.
Old 1st May 2019, 15:52   #11709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Went to the service centre in late December to get the battery changed in the battery programme Apple was running..
Pretty much same vintage as with your and Samba's phones, but purchased in US. Dont have the bill.

The phone should be used another year at least.

Battery health shows 78%
Old 2nd May 2019, 09:14   #11710
BHPian

Same here. Been using 6s from it's launch time (Oct'15?) and recently renewed it's life with the battery swap in Dec for 2k. Had plans to get XS, but now willing to wait for the next launch (hopefully it's 5G ready too).

Last edited by ventoman : 2nd May 2019 at 09:18.
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:19   #11711
BHPian

My guess is that the 2019 iPhones won't be 5G ready, the 2020 will have 5G radios. The recent qualcomm settlement doesn't give enough time for apple to change the modem configuration for 2019 lineup.

All those with 6s battery issues above, like amansanc, I too replaced the battery in the programme, towards the end in December 2018 and have a wonderful battery life on my 6S. With health showing 78% surely battery must have gone for a toss. Mine was on 82 % when iOs12 started showing battery health and fortunately by December 2018, it went below 80%.
A good piece of info is for people who plan to get it done from after-market shops, get the iPhone 7 battery installed in your iPhone 6s. It works and has a slightly bigger capacity. My next change is going to be the 7's battery as I plan to antiquate my 6s.
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:55   #11712
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if the Battery swap program is still on ?
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:19   #11713
BHPian

Hi,

Similar to condor, even I want to know if I can swap the battery of Iphone 6S under the replacement scheme? If not, what would be the cost of getting a new battery? The maximum capacity of my battery as shown in settings is 77%. I have used the phone for 3 years and intend to use it for at least 2 more years. The phone is lag free and has no issues with the battery. But if I intend to use for two more years, battery would become the biggest issue.
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:40   #11714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

Similar to condor, even I want to know if I can swap the battery of Iphone 6S under the replacement scheme? If not, what would be the cost of getting a new battery? The maximum capacity of my battery as shown in settings is 77%. I have used the phone for 3 years and intend to use it for at least 2 more years. The phone is lag free and has no issues with the battery. But if I intend to use for two more years, battery would become the biggest issue.
When I checked with the Apple service center last year during my iPhone 6S battery replacement, they quoted 8000 INR. Not sure if the prices have been revised.
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:22   #11715
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if the Battery swap program is still on ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi,

The replacement program was only until end of 2018. Post that, the price of 6S battery is 4k or 5k from what I recall. If you guys know a good aftermarket replacement shop in your vicinity, that could be worth a shot too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks