Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:55   #11716
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Try the iService or iCare kind of shop, which 'seem' a bit organised,but nothing to beat a known 'Apple Guy'.
If a reference is required in Mumbai ( Matunga East Market), google Techno Crats Nx Mobile Shop and contact Aftab bhai.

And again, insist on an iPhone 7 battery.
Old 2nd May 2019, 15:32   #11717
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Now that the iPhone is more and more 'make in India' expect some price cuts in due course. Also, models may be more tuned to our needs.

I for one am quite happy with my androids.
Old 4th May 2019, 12:05   #11718
BHPian

Guys does it make sense to buy a XS Max from US now? Or wait in case there is a price correction to those in India itself?

I was waiting for the 2019 iPhones but the ugly square camera bump rumors are putting me off.
Old 4th May 2019, 12:27   #11719
Senior - BHPian

Amazon summer sale has the IPhone X , 64gb selling at 74K. My son was telling me. I haven't checked yet.
Old 4th May 2019, 13:07   #11720
BHPian

i want the esim functionality and also XS max will have latest A12 chip. the XR is also available for 54K for 64GB. Also X has very bad battery reviews
Old 4th May 2019, 13:16   #11721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Amazon summer sale has the IPhone X , 64gb selling at 74K. My son was telling me. I haven't checked yet.
Just for your info it was 69999 yesterday and today it's 71999.
Old 4th May 2019, 13:38   #11722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Just for your info it was 69999 yesterday and today it's 71999.
Correct yesterday it was 70K, Prime only deal.
Old 4th May 2019, 18:18   #11723
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Correct yesterday it was 70K, Prime only deal.
Check out Flipkart. I saw it there for 68k (including an extra 2k discount offer).

Last edited by Oxy : 4th May 2019 at 18:21.
Old 5th May 2019, 21:20   #11724
BHPian

Does the iPX at 70K makes more sense or ipXR at 54K effective price? How bad would the X battery be in comparison to XR
Old 5th May 2019, 21:45   #11725
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Does the iPX at 70K makes more sense or ipXR at 54K effective price? How bad would the X battery be in comparison to XR

If you can you should try to source X from USA. You would get it for Rs 53k.
If buying in India the Xr makes more sense because
1) it is 16k cheaper
2) it comes with the latest processor and camera from the XS family. Yes it misses on the telephone rear camera but the primary rear camera is the same as what you get in XS.
3) it has the best battery back up in an iphone. Better than the XS Max too. Yes the inferior LCD screen(compared to OLED in X/XS) is the main reason here. The battery can trump some of the andriod flagships as well!
4) it's size perfectly sits between the X/XS and XS Max. It is still smaller than the 8 plus.
5) you can get the 128 GB version for 4-5k more.

Go for the X only if
1) You care about lossless zoom
2) You care about OLED screen
3) You care about 3D touch
4) You want a smaller phone

Last edited by Waspune : 5th May 2019 at 21:48.
Old 5th May 2019, 22:03   #11726
Senior - BHPian

This had to happen. My screen guard had become jaded over the years and I pulled that out and discarded it. The very next day , my iPhone7 slipped from my hand and fell on a hard surface rendering multiple cracks on the screen. First fall from my hand in years and the screen is damaged a lot.

Question : I know the original screen costs quite a lot. I wanted to ask if Anyone ever tried the ' screen pro ' service where the promise is to repair / replace the screen at our doorstep. The cost is around 3900/- should I go in for this or are there any alternatives that I should try ? I live at Bangalore.
Old 5th May 2019, 22:12   #11727
Senior - BHPian

I would like to reiterate something here. I am speaking from personal experience. The iPhone XR's screen is neither inferior nor bad. On the contrary it's amazing. Keep it side by side with an iPhone xs Max and you will see minor differences which won't be visible during your day to day usage. The minor difference is just not a good enough trade off for the battery life the XR gains because of the screen.
Old 6th May 2019, 06:23   #11728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
If you can you should try to source X from USA. You would get it for Rs 53k.
If buying in India the Xr makes more sense because
1) it is 16k cheaper
2) it comes with the latest processor and camera from the XS family. Yes it misses on the telephone rear camera but the primary rear camera is the same as what you get in XS.
3) it has the best battery back up in an iphone. Better than the XS Max too. Yes the inferior LCD screen(compared to OLED in X/XS) is the main reason here. The battery can trump some of the andriod flagships as well!
4) it's size perfectly sits between the X/XS and XS Max. It is still smaller than the 8 plus.
5) you can get the 128 GB version for 4-5k more.

Go for the X only if
1) You care about lossless zoom
2) You care about OLED screen
3) You care about 3D touch
4) You want a smaller phone
Thanks for the detailed comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I would like to reiterate something here. I am speaking from personal experience. The iPhone XR's screen is neither inferior nor bad. On the contrary it's amazing. Keep it side by side with an iPhone xs Max and you will see minor differences which won't be visible during your day to day usage. The minor difference is just not a good enough trade off for the battery life the XR gains because of the screen.
Thanks!
Old 6th May 2019, 11:42   #11729
BHPian

Quote:
This had to happen. My screen guard had become jaded over the years and I pulled that out and discarded it. The very next day , my iPhone7 slipped from my hand and fell on a hard surface rendering multiple cracks on the screen. First fall from my hand in years and the screen is damaged a lot.

Question : I know the original screen costs quite a lot. I wanted to ask if Anyone ever tried the ' screen pro ' service where the promise is to repair / replace the screen at our doorstep. The cost is around 3900/- should I go in for this or are there any alternatives that I should try ? I live at Bangalore.

My iPhone 7's screen cracked just after 2 months of owning. It's been a year now since it cracked. I didn't go with the screen replacement as I didn't want to go with after market ones. For Rs 3900 the quality would definitely be bad and with a screen guard you might even have problems with 3d touch. There are some better after market screens available that cost around Rs 8000-10000. The original one from Apple costs Rs 16000.
I didn't want to invest so much so I haven't changed the screen. I did put a screen guard over the cracked screen and works like a charm though a couple of cracked lines are visible from certain angles.
Old 6th May 2019, 12:09   #11730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go for replacement from iFixit. Based in the US, they provide OEM quality replacement parts for any Apple device. The only catch, you will need to get it shipped to an address in US and then someone will have to carry it personally to you because shipping charges to India would be pretty high. May be some acquaintance can help you on this.

https://www.ifixit.com/

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed