Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 17:51   #11791
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
Planning to replace my 2.5 years old iPhone 6 with a sub 35k phone from the same stable. The iPhone 7 and the 7 Plus fall within the bracket if purchased from UAE. The question is, I really do love the Matte Black colour on these phones, but the internet is flooded with images of paint chipping for the colour. Anyone here experienced the same?
I've had a 7 matte black for the past 2.5 years. With a normal transparent case. Paint has been the same right from the start. No chipping
Old 27th May 2019, 18:02   #11792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yes, all iPhones sold here are unlocked. What do you mean by recontract phones?
In postpaid you get a mobile phone at a discounted rate if you sign up for a 24 months contract. So if someone's contract has expired or about to expire they can get a new phone with signing another 24 month contract with a cellular service provider. People usually sell these phone at a higher rate but it will still be cheaper than the full price of the phone if you buy the same phone without any contract.
Old 28th May 2019, 08:09   #11793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have a matte black 7, but frankly, I've never seen the colour as the Spigen case is always on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Yes. I had my phone look like it’s got chicken pox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Paint has been the same right from the start. No chipping
Thanks for the response guys
Old 29th May 2019, 10:46   #11794
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't seen these. Do you prefer these over Spigen cases for protection and aesthetics? Would appreciate a pic or two!
I haven't purchase the dbrand case yet. Does not appeal to me yet as it appears to be bulky. I prefer skins and slim cases (attached below is a pic of the current skin on my iPhone XR).

I had meant to say all packages I have ordered from dbrand have arrived fast without any issues.

The iPhone Thread-image.jpg
Old 30th May 2019, 05:49   #11795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I haven't purchase the dbrand case yet. Does not appeal to me yet as it appears to be bulky. I prefer skins and slim cases (attached below is a pic of the current skin on my iPhone XR).

I had meant to say all packages I have ordered from dbrand have arrived fast without any issues.

Attachment 1880132
Is it easy enough to install it yourself?
Old 30th May 2019, 09:36   #11796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Is it easy enough to install it yourself?
Yes, quite easy, I do it all by myself. They have detailed installation videos for every phone make out there. If you follow the instructions to the dot, you should be good. Here's the video for the iPhone XR:

Old 4th June 2019, 02:12   #11797
Senior - BHPian

Anybody followed the wwdc of apple? I was reading the features released in ios13 and that is some comprehensive list of features/enhancements they are bringing in.

Some of the ones I liked :

1. Data separation for Bring Your Own Device : A new form of management called User Enrollment, built specifically for Bring Your Own Device, maintains user privacy while keeping corporate data protected.
2. Support for Siri in India with Indian English siri voice.
3. Optimized battery charging : A new option helps slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. iPhone learns from your daily charging routine so it can wait to finish charging past 80% until you need to use it.
4. Low Data Mode : Apps on your iPhone reduce their network data usage.
5. Smaller app downloads, updates and faster app launch.
6. Sign in with Apple ID : support with apps to sign in with apple id itself which along with it brings in more privacy like hiding email.
7. Dark mode.

Complete list of features from apple site.
Old 4th June 2019, 12:35   #11798
Senior - BHPian

When is this available as it says my update is up-to-date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
features released in ios13
Old 4th June 2019, 12:40   #11799
BHPian

Quote:
iOS 13 has been released for developers only. Public beta to be released in July. Final release in September.
Old 4th June 2019, 13:16   #11800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
iOS 13 has been released for developers only. Public beta to be released in July. Final release in September.
As D4d-maniac has mentioned, only the developer's version is released as of now with final release going to be in September. Should have been more clear in my post, sorry!
Old 4th June 2019, 13:51   #11801
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody followed the wwdc of apple? I was reading the features released in ios13 and that is some comprehensive list of features/enhancements they are bringing in.
Looking forward to dark mode!
The biggest ostentation of WWDC was the $999/- worth monitor stand

One thing which I was looking forward to was something akin to Google Duplex in Android! With so many spam calls, it'll be a worthy piece of software in the iPhone. I hope Apple is working on it.
Old 5th June 2019, 11:07   #11802
BHPian

Quote:
3. Optimized battery charging : A new option helps slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time your iPhone spends fully charged. iPhone learns from your daily charging routine so it can wait to finish charging past 80% until you need to use it.
Complete list of features from apple site.
I for one, am particularly interested in the optimized battery charging feature. I am one of those who keep my phone on charge before I hit bed, be it at 50% or 20% charge level and leave it on until I wake up. Of course, the dark mode and swipe keyboard are interesting too
Old 5th June 2019, 12:46   #11803
BHPian

From what I read online ( macrumours forums and reditt), the dark mode in iOs13 isn't the true dark mode aka the battery optimising true black mode. Most of the background is Grey, is what testers are stating.
Only time and real usage can confirm this.
Old 5th June 2019, 16:44   #11804
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my iphone 7 plus got updated to 12.3.1 yesterday night.Since few days i have been constantly getting flash messages from Vodafone and now i am unable to find the sim application on my handset, its neither on phone menu nor on data menu.How do i disable the flash messages constantly popping up on my handset?
Old 5th June 2019, 18:00   #11805
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm sure all of you have faced a frayed iPhone cable. Is there an indestructible cable? Found this Shoppecruise Metal Braided for Rs. 450 on Amazon India, is this good or is there any strong cable available in the US that I can purchase? Please suggest one
Attached Images

Most Viewed