Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2019, 09:00   #11836
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Got to say the XR cases and the screen guards were damn expensive at the store, but had to buy the case and screen guard as I had no choice

Cheers !

Agree on case prices. I got this lovely case at HK airport. Just INR 1400 or so. I like that it is transparent so shows the phone colour and the stand is very nifty - sleek yet sturdy.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1560310205.225764.jpg
Old 12th June 2019, 12:37   #11837
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Amazon has Ringke cases for XR at a discount. The screen protector, roadside vendors sell those for Rs 50 here in Mumbai. My regular guy sold me a 5D/6D (some 9H was mentioned on the packaging ) glass for Rs 100. It has curved edges and covers most of the screen, unlike the Rs 50 ones whose edges can be seen.
Old 14th June 2019, 23:05   #11838
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,
I have a question: How do I reduce the music playback volume below the minimum with muting it? Is there some sort of secondary control which gives finer adjustment? I bought a new set of Bluetooth earphones and I find them too loud. This is not the issue of the headphone, as I have found a lot of headphones too loud in my life.

I don't want to jailbreak. Thanks.
Old 15th June 2019, 13:41   #11839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hi folks,
I have a question: How do I reduce the music playback volume below the minimum with muting it? Is there some sort of secondary control which gives finer adjustment? I bought a new set of Bluetooth earphones and I find them too loud. This is not the issue of the headphone, as I have found a lot of headphones too loud in my life.

You may try selecting a suitable preset in the equalizer. Though I think we do not have the option of a user-preset EQ in an iPhone but try some of the softer presets. Cannot think of any other idea.
Old 16th June 2019, 00:10   #11840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
You may try selecting a suitable preset in the equalizer. Though I think we do not have the option of a user-preset EQ in an iPhone but try some of the softer presets. Cannot think of any other idea.
Thanks saket77. Does each app have its own preset EQ? I primarily use Youtube music and the Apple Podcasts app.
Old 16th June 2019, 10:24   #11841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hi folks,

I presume you're the same person who posted a very similar question on StackExchange. Anyway, I found the following on StackExchange, and if you're that person you too would've already been made aware of this I guess:

"I’m on iOS 12.1.2, iPhone X Can’t find Volume Limit in the Settings.

I have 3 Bluetooth sound bars, different models, and all three are way too loud on lowest volume (1). Going lower brings it to (0) and mutes them. Controlling the sound from the sound bars changes the iPhone volume, to same effect.

But I found a way to control the volume in fine increments between the 0 and 1 range.

On the iPhone Control Center, “3D” press (long press?) the volume control, which opens a bigger version of it, almost full screen. Now you have very fine control between the former steps. It,s like 100 volume substeps between “0/mute” and “1/loud”.

The “1” i reference is relative as there are no marks on that slider, and pressing the up/down volume buttons moves it to different levels actually, I.e going from 0 one up is not the same as going one down from 2.

In any event, using the touch screen you can finely adjust the volume on the big slider all the way down to barely audible. It’s clunky, still chances to blow your hearing, but it works."

Cheers and good luck.
Old 17th June 2019, 01:26   #11842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I presume you're the same person who posted a very similar question on StackExchange.....
Didn't think of it
For me, everything is Team-BHP.

Thank you so much. Appreciate it.
Old 17th June 2019, 06:44   #11843
Senior - BHPian

I've ditched the Apple Original cable for the very first time and picked up a steel braided Wayona from Amazon. The cable is really strong (Iron Man) and charges the phone super quick. Picked up an HTC charger as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img_87811.jpg  

Old 19th June 2019, 08:20   #11844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
Thanks a lot guys for the replies. I went ahead and bought the new iPhone XR 128GB black from apple store.

Congrats on your new purchase!

I was going to say if you can squeeze one more year out of 6S then would recommend doing so as Apple is going to launch phones with 5G support in 2020. That would have been an upgrade worth waiting for.
Old 19th June 2019, 09:18   #11845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I've ditched the Apple Original cable for the very first time and picked up a steel braided Wayona from Amazon. The cable is really strong (Iron Man) and charges the phone super quick. Picked up an HTC charger as well.
I do not think this is MFi certified. Please double check.
I ordered bunch of Anker powerline + from aliexpress, sale is still on. Would recommend to get MFi only
Old 19th June 2019, 15:55   #11846
BHPian

Mfi or no Mfi, I have noticed none of these last beyond 6-8 months. Have tried many from Amazon as well as Aliexpress, but they drop dead one fine day. I stock 4-5 cables from various manufacturers on AliExpress and keep myself prepared.
Old 19th June 2019, 16:16   #11847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Mfi or no Mfi, I have noticed none of these last beyond 6-8 months. Have tried many from Amazon as well as Aliexpress, but they drop dead one fine day. I stock 4-5 cables from various manufacturers on AliExpress and keep myself prepared.
I have been using an Amazonbasics 6 ft cable for charging my iPhone and iPad. Touchwood, but it is working well for more than a year now.

On the other hand, my Portronics one worked well for 9-10 months, and now it works intermittently.
Old 28th June 2019, 09:55   #11848
BHPian

Forbes: Apple’s Top Designer Jony Ive To Leave After Nearly 30 Years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachels...fter-30-years/

I have never been an Apple user, but I can recognise beauty when I see it. Thank you, Jony Ive.
Old 3rd July 2019, 16:52   #11849
BHPian

I could see this coming for a few years now, given the lack of any real innovation coming out from Apple.
Old 15th July 2019, 08:33   #11850
BHPian

The iPhone XR 128 GB is effectively going for 51.5k with HDFC discount + cashback in the Prime day sale. The 64 GB model is going for 5K less. I was hoping for an offer on the X, it seems to be unavailable on Amazon at the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks