Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 11:58   #11926
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post

I just want to backup dad's contacts on the cloud storage, which I don't think shall exceed 4 GB for just 1000 contacts.
Go to Settings> Dad's name ( Icloud account)>Icloud and check what all has been toggled on ! See if Contacts toggle is on. If on, then you don't have to manually backup anything. You can access the contacts by login in at www.icloud.com and entering his credentials. The same can be exported as a csv file from icloud web interface, to be imported on any phone.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:11   #11927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Most likely you are trying to back up without disabling the media content, for this you need to get into iCloud settings, and disable photos. Once done it should work.
Sorry I was wrong, in the backup you can't select the content, everything gets backed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Go to Settings> Dad's name ( Icloud account)>Icloud and check what all has been toggled on ! See if Contacts toggle is on. If on, then you don't have to manually backup anything. You can access the contacts by login in at www.icloud.com and entering his credentials. The same can be exported as a csv file from icloud web interface, to be imported on any phone.
yes this is definitely a better approach, infact I use the same method just that I haven't bothered to go back to any of this thanks to the flawless working of iCloud. I do machine back up once a month or before I intend to clean wipe / replace the device, which is faster and easier for restoring in real life.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:18   #11928
BHPian

Guys! i currently have an iPhone 7+, about 2 years old. I am facing severe call drops and network outage , which is not the case with the same Company sim (Airtel), on my oneplus 6.

Basically, looking to upgrade to iPhone xs Max. I am getting a great deal on one from the Grey market with international warranty.
Question is, should I go for one now? or wait for the New iPhone 11 or whatever its going to be called.
Old 23rd August 2019, 12:46   #11929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! i currently have an iPhone 7+, about 2 years old. I am facing severe call drops and network outage , which is not the case with the same Company sim (Airtel), on my oneplus 6.
Try swapping sims, just to rule out any sim issue. From an earlier experience.

Quote:
Basically, looking to upgrade to iPhone xs Max. I am getting a great deal on one from the Grey market with international warranty.
Depends on deal.

Quote:
Question is, should I go for one now? or wait for the New iPhone 11 or whatever its going to be called.
Depends on your budget, with rising $ this time we Indians should be at selling much more than kidneys
Old 23rd August 2019, 13:00   #11930
BHPian

Quote:
Try swapping sims, just to rule out any sim issue. From an earlier experience.

Depends on deal.

Depends on your budget, with rising $ this time we Indians should be at selling much more than kidneys
1. Have Tried swapping SIM Twice.
2. Deal: New iPhone Xs Max 256 GB, gold color, with Bill is 1.22 Lac, my deal: 82K sealed box with international warranty.
Old 23rd August 2019, 13:30   #11931
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Deal: New iPhone Xs Max 256 GB, gold color, with Bill is 1.22 Lac, my deal: 82K sealed box with international warranty.
I think it is a great deal and you should grab it unless you want to wait for the new model which will come to India by end of the year.
Old 23rd August 2019, 14:32   #11932
BHPian

Quote:
1. Have Tried swapping SIM Twice.
Quote:
I think it is a great deal and you should grab it unless you want to wait for the new model which will come to India by end of the year.
Such deals are also available here in Kerala, but in my opinion, it is better to wait out for the new iteration. Then you'll get much better deals for iPhone Max
Old 26th August 2019, 10:39   #11933
BHPian

How much can one get an iPhone XR for in grey market ?
Old 26th August 2019, 10:49   #11934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you explain what that "grey market with International warranty" means ? If something goes wrong, can you get a warranty fix in India ? Example: a battey replacement.
Old 26th August 2019, 12:41   #11935
BHPian

Yes, I think Apple india honors their International warranty in India too
Old 26th August 2019, 13:20   #11936
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
but in my opinion, it is better to wait out for the new iteration.
Quote:
True. I think you should wait another month for new model deliveries and these grey market operators will be negotiating further. To get a fair estimate of grey market prices, they should be at par with USA online price that you see at Apple . com ( w/o taxes) or less.
Myself, I am thinking of picking up a 256 GB XS in Silver colour, but pre-owned ( with warranty in place) but surely after the new launches are available and rich people get tempted to replace their phones .
Just a fair warning to all. Before the XS/Max/XR came into the markets, the US phones and Indian sold phones, both would be of the same Model ( A1688, 1899 etc). The LTE bands would be the same for US and Indian Markets.
However, with the current phones, the US sold phones and Indian phones are of different Model Number. I am not sure if this will affect the warranty in India on US purchased phones.
Check this link: https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
For the iPhone XS to begin with: USA, Canada, Guam & US Virgin islands use Model A1920, whereas RoW ( well almost) use Model A2097.
Then Japan is different, China Mainland different, then HK different( same number as US but it is with 2 physical sim slots) and so on.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 26th August 2019 at 13:21.
Old 26th August 2019, 13:59   #11937
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Checked on the video sent by seller : Its Model :A1921.

So, it won't work properly on LTE in India?

Now, I intend to wait for the new iPhone.

Planning to go to Dubai in October, maybe will get it myself from there.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 26th August 2019 at 14:01.
Old 26th August 2019, 14:21   #11938
BHPian

Quote:
Checked on the video sent by seller : Its Model :A1921.

So, it won't work properly on LTE in India?

Now, I intend to wait for the new iPhone.

Planning to go to Dubai in October, maybe will get it myself from there.

I may be wrong but aren't iPhones bought in Dubai have Facetime disabled by default?
Old 26th August 2019, 15:14   #11939
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I may be wrong but aren't iPhones bought in Dubai have Facetime disabled by default?
Yes local phones are, but there are stores which sell international model FaceTime unlocked ones.
Old 26th August 2019, 15:33   #11940
BHPian

Quote:
1)Checked on the video sent by seller : Its Model :A1921.
2) So, it won't work properly on LTE in India?
3) Planning to go to Dubai in October, maybe will get it myself from there.

1) So it is the US model he is selling.

2) Our Operators just use Band 3,5( Jio) & 40, so any iPhone should work. I mentioned the differences for warranty claim. We need actual user review to confirm that Apple India could replace/service a US purchased phone under warranty.
3) Dubai would sell you a non Facetime model if purchased officially, else they too provide US imported models in their Grey Market.

Most Viewed