Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2019, 15:55   #12286
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
My vote goes to 11 pro. It has awesome cameras and has brilliant battery too that wasn't the case with earlier flagship iPhones.
But XS max only ID m if you require bigger screen.11 pro will better XS max on every other count.
Absolutely. I got one a few days ago as an upgrade from i8 Plus and the cameras are a notch above ( even the regular/ telephoto lens) . And you will of course love the ultra wide angle shots.
Old 9th October 2019, 17:57   #12287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
When I looked up the spec sheet, there doesn't seem to be any obvious difference between a global and US specification. There are few bands different between regions.

Yeah, this discrimination started with the XS/XS Max/XR. The only 'but' could be when taking it for repairs in India, repairs require a replacement and the service centre quotes 'different Model number..no service possible' . However, I haven't heard of anyone requiring repairs or being rejected on these grounds, yet.
Old 9th October 2019, 21:03   #12288
Team-BHP Support

XR has pretty decent discounts on Paytm right now. ~4k cashback + 10% instant discount on certain credit/debit cards. Net cost ~40k for the 64GB variant, pretty much what it was going for on Amazon's sale.
Old 10th October 2019, 01:01   #12289
Distinguished - BHPian

I’ve been gifted an IPhone 11 pro Max 64gb and want to swap it for a pro 256gb since they are both the same price nearly. Any place in bombay that can do this for me or can I sell my max for a good value some place and buy the pro 256gb separately ?

The phone is sealed with the shrink wrap
Old 10th October 2019, 02:21   #12290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Planing to get an iphone 11, from US. Oregon to be precise. So no tax to no government.

When I looked up the spec sheet, there doesn't seem to be any obvious difference between a global and US specification. There are few bands different between regions.

Is there any gotchas to look out for? Will be my first apple branded product.
Bought the XS from the US with no differences. It too had the different bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Yeah, this discrimination started with the XS/XS Max/XR. The only 'but' could be when taking it for repairs in India, repairs require a replacement and the service centre quotes 'different Model number..no service possible' . However, I haven't heard of anyone requiring repairs or being rejected on these grounds, yet.
That's not true. A call to the Apple Customer Care will confirm that. I even purchased AppleCare for my phone at the local Apple store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I’ve been gifted an IPhone 11 pro Max 64gb and want to swap it for a pro 256gb since they are both the same price nearly. Any place in bombay that can do this for me or can I sell my max for a good value some place and buy the pro 256gb separately ?

You can try swapping at the local phone shops, or even sell if you get a good price. Though you will get a slightly lower price than the actual retail price as the dealers will have a lower cost price.

You can alternatively sell on OLX directly to an end user, who would pay higher.

Last edited by omar : 10th October 2019 at 02:27. Reason: Multi Quote
Old 10th October 2019, 07:22   #12291
Senior - BHPian

Got the 11 pro in space grey color recently. Just loving every bit of the phone. 11 pro is just the perfect size for everyday use. The face ID super fast and beats all the physical fingerprint readers out of the water.
Old 10th October 2019, 12:03   #12292
BHPian

Bought iphone 11 pro max from USA last week; Price difference is very significant [1179 USD for 64 GB compared to 110000 INR]

Initial impressions:

1. Premium feel; frosted glass finish with stainless steel side looks fabulous

2. Excellent display which is very bright and crisp

3. Terrific battery life - easily a two day phone for moderate users

4. Nice Camera

5. Face id- fast and accurate-I prefer it to in-display fingerprint sensors

6. Fast charging

The iPhone Thread-1.jpg

The iPhone Thread-2.jpg

Last edited by DrANTO : 10th October 2019 at 12:05.
DrANTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 12:40   #12293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sahil, check out Heera Panna, shops there tend to buy new iPhones. The normal Apple stores either will not do it or quote you a crappy price.

Cheers
Old 10th October 2019, 13:01   #12294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I’ve been gifted an IPhone 11 pro Max 64gb and want to swap it for a pro 256gb
====
You can try selling through OLX etc also, since there is a wait period you might get a buyer if you offer at same price as that is available after discounts. Since it is packed box, warranty would be full 1 year from the date of activation.
Old 10th October 2019, 16:24   #12295
Senior - BHPian

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.new...b4223938c2f567

Lots of people seem to be complaining about scratches appearing on the 11 trio without any apparent reason.
Any views on the above?

Cheers
Old 12th October 2019, 11:01   #12296
BHPian

Any idea if i will get 1 year free Apple TV+ if i buy a IP11 from Flipkart?
Old 12th October 2019, 11:54   #12297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Any idea if i will get 1 year free Apple TV+ if i buy a IP11 from Flipkart?
I bought a XR from Amazon during the sale on 28-Sep. Got to know that anyone who buys any apple device from authorised reseller will be getting 1 year subscription of Apple TV+. I later got this validated from the Apple Support team, and they too confirmed that I will get the subscription for 1 year free of cost. Just have to wait till 1-Nov for Apple TV+ to launch officially.
Old 12th October 2019, 16:16   #12298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
I bought a XR from Amazon during the sale on 28-Sep. Got to know that anyone who buys any apple device from authorised reseller will be getting 1 year subscription of Apple TV+. I later got this validated from the Apple Support team, and they too confirmed that I will get the subscription for 1 year free of cost. Just have to wait till 1-Nov for Apple TV+ to launch officially.
Thank you for the inputs
Old 12th October 2019, 18:33   #12299
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Sahil,

Will let know my friends if you can share a contact. Also, you may reach me at turboarif (at) iCloud.com, and share your expectations as for the asking price.

Cheers!
Old 13th October 2019, 02:38   #12300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Honest first opinion, if you are on X or higher, unless you need to a dual sim and that wide angle camera, best NOT to upgrade.
Thank you for this, I almost caved into and had the phone in my amazon cart for days.I have a mint X64GB which I got in Nov2017 and still going very strong.

I was contemplating getting 11 pro 64GB (getting it for 90K in Germany) when it launched but I somehow controlled and now not feeling like upgrading till next year. I have 2018 MacBook Pro (which acts like a fast charger with converter ) so hoping the next phones are all USB C!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks