Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 11:15   #12376
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
The weather there was a bit chilly 8-12c range. But I'm back in Mumbai and it happened again today, so I doubt that might be the issue.

May be I will update it to iOS 13 and see,
iPhone X folks how is iOS 13 holding up ?

What is the battery health showing as ? May be your battery is under 85% or so and needs replacement? I have had this abrupt shutdowns in my 6S when battery health percentage was 87% or so.
Old 1st November 2019, 11:17   #12377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
The posts on the LCD and LED displays are really enlightening! I used to have severe headaches often when i was using a note 9. Since May i jumped to iphone XR and the headaches are gone. Now it makes sense to me. I think I will stick to LCD displays of iphone even in future.
Glad it helped Sairam - not knowing and thinking something is wrong with your health/eyes instead of the phone is really stressful.

If you could please elaborate on your reason for the switch from the Note 9 to the XR, since you got the reason now, I am assuming it was not the headaches. How was your transition across platforms and especially the change from the relatively larger screen on the Note 9 to the smaller XR. Any regrets switching from Android to IOS.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 1st November 2019, 11:17   #12378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
What is the battery health showing as ? May be your battery is under 85% or so and needs replacement? I have had this abrupt shutdowns in my 6S when battery health percentage was 87% or so.

Mine is at 87%
Even I think this may the problem. It was 88% a week back. How much will a battery change cost ?
Old 1st November 2019, 11:21   #12379
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is at 87%
Even I think this may the problem. It was 88% a week back. How much will a battery change cost ?

Depends on where you get it done. I have never got battery changed in India so no clue. But even once I got it changed in US at apple store, the battery went kaput in 5 or 6 months (warranty is only 3 months I guess) and I had to then get it changed again through a local store (in US)which specializes in Apple products.

May be check with an authorized apple retailer near your home / office and ask them.
Old 1st November 2019, 14:34   #12380
Team-BHP Support

Just a reminder that Apple TV+ is available for free for a year for those who've bought a new Apple product since 10-Sept.
Old 2nd November 2019, 08:07   #12381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Glad it helped Sairam - not knowing and thinking something is wrong with your health/eyes instead of the phone is really stressful.

If you could please elaborate on your reason for the switch from the Note 9 to the XR, since you got the reason now, I am assuming it was not the headaches. How was your transition across platforms and especially the change from the relatively larger screen on the Note 9 to the smaller XR. Any regrets switching from Android to IOS.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi Cyborg! It's a big story why I moved from note 9 to XR. I broke my note 9 screen twice and the third time I just bought a mid ranger Samsung phone. It didn't meet my expectations especially camera and batter. Hence moved the ship and bought a XR in May. I change phones often so I didn't have any hassles in moving to iOS . The transition was smooth. I am very much happy with my XR. The battery and camera is it's strengths. Fully charged XR lasts me from 5am till almost 7 or 8 pm. I am not having regrets after switching over. In fact I am very much satisfied with XR and intend to keep it for a longer time.
Old 2nd November 2019, 08:14   #12382
Senior - BHPian

Will they give the device? Or is it just subscription!
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Just a reminder that Apple TV+ is available for free for a year for those who've bought a new Apple product since 10-Sept.
Old 2nd November 2019, 10:20   #12383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Will they give the device? Or is it just subscription!

No device. It is a steaming app just like Netflix or Amazon Prime.
Old 6th November 2019, 14:31   #12384
Distinguished - BHPian

I am having severe battery drain issue after updating to 13.2 Didn't experience such a problem with any other update except this one. I shouldn't have upgraded!

Also, the front mic (near the earpiece) on my phone was acting lately, resulting in Siri not hearing me properly, low audio on facetime calls and inconsistent audio when recorded from the front cam. Checked with online support and even reset the phone, but it didn't help. Finally Apple Service
diagnosed it as a faulty front mic. I thought it must be debris accumulation but it's a hardware failure. The phone is under warranty and should be back by tomorrow.

Quote:
Mine is at 87%
87% is not too bad. A battery change for 6S costs Rs. 3600; taxes may be extra.

Regards,
Saket
Old 6th November 2019, 16:26   #12385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
I am having severe battery drain issue after updating to 13.2 Didn't experience such a problem with any other update except this one. I shouldn't have upgraded! 87% is not too bad. A battery change for 6S costs Rs. 3600; taxes may be extra.

Regards,
Saket
I am also observing this battery drain issue since the upgrade on my iphone 7. Usually after a couple of days it becomes OK, however this time I do not see anything around this. My battery health was at 93 last month and now it is at 92. The battery is a year old, had it changed last dec when they were offering a replacement for 2K which was discounted by almost 40 to 50%.
This is an interesting link on battery saving tips -

I am also experiencing issues with whatsapp. I have seen it hang a couple of times and ironically the receiving volume has reduced. Not sure where the gap is...

Last edited by sumathindra : 6th November 2019 at 16:30. Reason: edits
Old 6th November 2019, 17:08   #12386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I am also observing this battery drain issue since the upgrade on my iphone 7. Usually after a couple of days it becomes OK, however this time I do not see anything around this. My battery health was at 93 last month and now it is at 92. The battery is a year old, had it changed last dec when they were offering a replacement for 2K which was discounted by almost 40 to 50%.
I was at the Apple service center today and they confirmed many reports pouring in regarding severe battery drain with 13.2 My battery was at 95%; which reduced to 93% just after updating to 13.2

We should again expect another update soon. Apart from the night mode, I am not very happy with iOS 13 experience. I wish I could roll back.
Old 6th November 2019, 17:17   #12387
BHPian

Hello All.

I am having an iPhone SE bought in April 2018 with current battery health of 86%. All was fine till I trekked to Kheerganga in Himachal Pradesh in October end. At the hilltop the temperature dropped to 5 degrees and my battery percentage was 40% and the phone switched off. I did not use the phone till I came back to my base camp. After reaching the base camp, I charged my phone to 100%. After half an hour use, the battery suddenly dropped to 50%.

This quick discharging has never happened on my super fast SE. The phone is currently operating on iOS 13.2.

Suggestions/ideas on how to fix this issue please.
Old 6th November 2019, 19:45   #12388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
No device. It is a steaming app just like Netflix or Amazon Prime.
How to check. Is it only on iphone x and 11 or other phones too like 7 or 8.
I bought a 8 last week online but no mention of apple tv subscription :(
Old 6th November 2019, 20:11   #12389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
How to check. Is it only on iphone x and 11 or other phones too like 7 or 8.
I bought a 8 last week online but no mention of apple tv subscription :(
It's on every iPhone. Just type TV and you'll find the Apple TV app. Once you open the app, open any TV+ content and it'll automatically give a prompt saying you have one year's subscription complimentary (since you've bought a new phone).
Old 6th November 2019, 22:55   #12390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It's on every iPhone. Just type TV and you'll find the Apple TV app. Once you open the app, open any TV+ content and it'll automatically give a prompt saying you have one year's subscription complimentary (since you've bought a new phone).
I too bought an iPhone XSMAX in May-2019 to upgrade my iPhone 8+. I assume I too will be eligible to free subscription for a year?

Also, Apple TV+ content can be viewed in the mobile app only or this app can be downloaded on a smart TV and content can be viewed on TV as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks