Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2020, 13:36   #12871
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
My wife's iphone 6s has stopped connecting to wifi after updating to 13.6.1. I get an error saying "Incorrect password". I tried connecting to my main router, the repeater, my wifi hotspot, and even created a new hotspot in another spare phone. Everything gets the same error. I tried forgetting the network, network settings reset and a general settings reset. Only full phone reset left to try.

Any ideas?
I would suggest full reset and restore as new and see how it pans out. If that doesn't work, I suggest download beta profile and install iOS 14 on the phone and see if that fixes the problem. Unless It is a widespread issue, just updating iOS won't mess up wifi like that.
Old 23rd August 2020, 10:37   #12872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The charge reduces from 100 - 0% in 2 hours. But Battery health is shown as 80%.
So was speaking to a few people I was told that it might be a U2 Tristar issue. Anyone knows if this chip can be replaced locally.
Old 23rd August 2020, 13:35   #12873
BHPian

My battery of iPhone 8S is showing signs of wear and required charging twice a day now.
Any recommendations for a genuine place to replace the battery in east Bangalore
Old 24th August 2020, 11:57   #12874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
My battery of iPhone 8S is showing signs of wear and required charging twice a day now.
Any recommendations for a genuine place to replace the battery in east Bangalore
You can try out Yaantra.com and get a quote for replacing the battery. Its quite cheap with 3 month warranty and they do it on your watch.
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 15:25   #12875
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a strange issue on my phone. On Sat there was a network issue on my mobile provider because of which we had a complete backout. I was not aware and thinking it might be my issue, I had tried resetting network settings. Later the issue was resolved by the provider but I am still unable to get the signal in my mobile. It keeps searching for the network. I replaced with my Indian sim and it still does not identify the network.

Any suggestions on what might be the issue?
Old 24th August 2020, 17:44   #12876
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I have been using hand me downs till now. Today, for the first time in my life, I spent money from my pocket on an Apple Product. I bought the iPhone 11 which was delivered today.

What I want to share is the ease with which all the data from my old iPhone 6 got transferred to the new phone. I used the Encrypted back-up method through a Macbook. 30 minutes to take the back-up and 30 minutes to restore the backup on the new phone. no glitches anywhere. After connecting to the internet, the apps are getting updated to the latest versions though the data in them is already in the phone.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th August 2020 at 00:39. Reason: Typo.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 18:36   #12877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I have been using hand me downs till now. Today, for the first time in my life, I spent money from my pocket on an Apple Product. I bought the iPhone 11 which was delivered today.

What I want to share is the ease with which all the data from my old iPhone 6 got transferred to the new phone. I used the Encrypted back-up method through a Macbook. 30 minues to take the back-up and 30 minutes to restore the backup on the new phone. no glitches anywhere. After connecting to the internet, the apps are getting updated to the latest versions though the data in them is already in the phone.
That is beauty of Apple. I am not sure if it is that seamless with Android but with iOS, it is as simple as you mentioned and the new device looks exactly same as old in terms of all your app placements and such. I don't have to think much and I can start using the device right away.

My one complaint is that Apple should give more Free storage in iCloud for Free Tier (current is 5GB) as I would love to use iCloud to constantly backup my and my family member phones (all are on same apple id).
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:20   #12878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
That is beauty of Apple. I am not sure if it is that seamless with Android but with iOS, it is as simple as you mentioned and the new device looks exactly same as old in terms of all your app placements and such. I don't have to think much and I can start using the device right away.
New device looking exactly like old is bit of an issue too. In android, there is always a sense of wonder of new apps, new functions. In Apple, it is as if you never changed your device, which can be good for some and hated by others.

I can confirm that iOS to iOS and android to android upgrades are straight forward. Trouble comes with we change the platforms.
Old 24th August 2020, 21:45   #12879
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, I hate that my iPhones all look the same, every gen. LOL. But, It's the iOS that is so wonderful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
New device looking exactly like old is bit of an issue too.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 08:16   #12880
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
New device looking exactly like old is bit of an issue too. In android, there is always a sense of wonder of new apps, new functions. In Apple, it is as if you never changed your device, which can be good for some and hated by others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yeah, I hate that my iPhones all look the same, every gen. LOL. But, It's the iOS that is so wonderful
Its like moving to a new generation BMW. You were driving a previous generation 3-series and then switched to the latest G20 – the layout, functions, iDrive, all look so familiar but with an improved sense of quality. I see iPhones like that. My previous iPhone was a 7, and now have 11 pro and the above said difference is felt (the subtle difference is felt even with a previous generation – XR). In the Samsung world the generation leap is more felt – think of the old Creta and new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher
I can confirm that iOS to iOS and android to android upgrades are straight forward. Trouble comes with we change the platforms.
It was an easy switch for me from my old Pixel 2 XL to iOS. The Move to iOS app works brilliantly. Only thing which I couldn’t move was the WhatsApp history.

The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20200825102936_google-play-store.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 12:51   #12881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
My wife's 2.5 year old 8 Plus battery was at 84% health and same issue of battery drain. (I somehow have a feeling that the battery is stuck at 84% for an extraordinarily longer time than when the battery health app was newly introduced .I have managed to get my battery changed FOC twice, within the 2 years warranty period, as it had dropped below 80% and stated that health is poor). Anyways got the battery changed from a trusted fellow in front of my eyes ( Rs 2500/-) and checked it with iMazing's battery test to prove that it was a new battery with the same Wattage, Voltage, Amperage, etc etc.
Cutting the chase, still no dice with the battery change and she charges twice a day. (earlier it could have been thrice). Then I began monitoring the usage pattern, turned off Background refresh and tweaked a lot of settings mentioned on the web to save the battery but no go.
Since she is at home, her usage has also increased over her favourite 3 Dots game + social media. Further, rather than allowing me to do a factory reset and starting afresh , she prefers living with a poor battery life. So be it!
Old 25th August 2020, 14:10   #12882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Cutting the chase, still no dice with the battery change and she charges twice a day. (earlier it could have been thrice). Then I began monitoring the usage pattern, turned off Background refresh and tweaked a lot of settings mentioned on the web to save the battery but no go.
Sound like my problem, though I have not replaced my 4 year old battery as it is still at 80%. But then it's bought in Singapore and guess quality there is better.
I think it's a U2 Tristar chip issue. Am trying to find someone who can replace that. Do google it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th August 2020 at 22:17. Reason: Typo.
Old 28th August 2020, 21:43   #12883
BHPian

Struggling with your iphone storage? Bought the base storage option coz of the exorbitant pricing? well that was the case with me. I am using an iphone 6s bought in late 2015. While it had gone a recent battery change, i had always found myself struggling with the storage (its a 16 gb varient). I am a kind of person who would buy the best available tech and use it till its last breath, many of us buy iphones for this reason too
Now i was forced to get a new phone and i was determined to get the highest storage option available on an iphone but the pricing didn’t inspire confidence in me.My mind said “i am so very comfortable with the 6s and love it’s compact dimensions plus its still fast enough to compete with mid range android phones ah and i don’t want to let go of the headphone jack”. I thus decided to get a new motherboard for my 6s, the 128 gb version.

While prices for a 128gb motherboard fared anywhere between 7k to 12k on aliexpress and banggood, the covid situation made me hesitant to go for it. This was when while researching on youtube about my options , i came across a video from ‘Strange Parts’

While i was browsing through youtube suggestions, i found a video claiming iphone storage upgrades in Delhi. Called them and enquired about pricing, they were ready to upgrade my 6s storage from 16gb to 128 gb for 2000 rupees, went to their shop in Narela and got it done in an hour! I enquired about the tech and they told me its the same process used in ‘Strange parts’ video, they had got the required machine and blank chips from china before covid took place. I am highly satisfied with the work and enjoying the my phone now.

Last edited by Slickshift99 : 28th August 2020 at 21:51.
Slickshift99 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 15:18   #12884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sound like my problem, though I have not replaced my 4 year old battery as it is still at 80%. But then it's bought in Singapore and guess quality there is better.
I think it's a U2 Tristar chip issue. Am trying to find someone who can replace that. Do google it.
So battery lasts only for 2 hrs. But health is at 80%.So definitely a U2 Tristar chip issue. Anybody know someone in Bangalore who can do chip level repair of iPhone?
Old 31st August 2020, 13:23   #12885
BHPian

Quote:
I think it's a U2 Tristar chip issue.
From the symptoms I read online for this issue, none of them are evident for me. Charging properly, discharging decrementaly, going from 100-0% and not shutting off midway, etc etc. I feel it has something to do with the OS version and apple being apple in messing it intentionally ( to make users upgrade) and/or some rogue app/game sucking on the battery ( which I need to check by doing a factory reset and starting afresh).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks