Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 15:02   #13141
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Came across this video on a fake/clone Iphone 11 apparently delivered by Amazon's official retailer, Appario retail
What were to happen if he were to key in his serial number for warranty coverage on the Apple website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Some pictures of the iPhone SE 2020 which got delivered on Saturday for my mother. Just love the form factor and the snappy performance.
Congrats, I'm thinking of getting this for my mom as well after exchanging my 6s. She's currently using a slightly larger Moto G5s Plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I pity the attendant in the shop, when he realises the mistake he has done. Or maybe he has a customer ready to transplant the internals of the phone at a higher price. I could barely manage 12500 for a 128GB iP7, when my expectation was of 14000
They key in the details on their Unicorn software for evaluation & I was told they sell it onward to Cashify. If I had given them the box,earphones,etc would have got 300 bucks more. I'm going to try my luck by evaluating my 6s 64gb with the screen issue, lets see what that throws up.
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:09   #13142
BHPian

Ordered Iphone 11 64 gb on Amazon from Appario last weekend.

There seems to be no traction on the order at all.

Expected delivery date is 27 Oct.

I'm getting really worried after seeing the recent video on fake IPhone 11.

Bhpians, please suggest if I should continue to wait for the phone to be delivered (Or) go ahead and cancel the order?
Old 23rd October 2020, 14:44   #13143
BANNED

I had ordered Air Pods Pro at 17K approx from Flipkart but cancelled after watching the level of precision in the iPhone 11 fake video on YouTube.
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:25   #13144
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

After buying 3 iPhones, 3 MacBooks and 1 pair of AirPods I can say that you can verify the device in the Apple website for authenticity after you receive it. Subsequently, you can place a return request/replace request I believe.
Old 23rd October 2020, 16:27   #13145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Ordered Iphone 11 64 gb on Amazon from Appario last weekend.

There seems to be no traction on the order at all.

I'm getting really worried after seeing the recent video on fake IPhone 11.

Bhpians, please suggest if I should continue to wait for the phone to be delivered (Or) go ahead and cancel the order?
That video doesn’t pass the smell test with me, at least (see my earlier post in response to it.) I found it almost comically bad. If I were you I wouldn’t worry at all and would wait for the iPhone. I too ordered one from Amazon (with Appario as the seller) and it arrived two days ago. I’m waiting for it to complete its three-day quarantine and will open it after (without taking a video !)

With the sheer volume of orders that Amazon and others have received, deliveries are bound to take longer than usual. My order too was in the processing stage for a few days. October 27 is still a good four days away and I’m sure your phone will be delivered in the timeframe indicated. I’d start worrying only after the 27th, not before.

As an aside, and again indicative of the sale rush, the case for my iPhone that I ordered from Apple’s online store has been stuck in the processing stage for a week now as well.

So relax and enjoy some IPL/the latest Borat movie/whatever else floats your boat and enjoy your phone once it reaches you on the 27th!

Last edited by Anjadekar : 23rd October 2020 at 16:52.
Anjadekar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:16   #13146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
That video doesn't pass the smell test with me, at least (see my earlier post in response to it.) I found it almost comically bad. If I were you I wouldn't worry at all and would wait for the iPhone. I too ordered one from Amazon (with Appario as the seller) and it arrived two days ago. I'm waiting for it to complete its three-day quarantine and will open it after (without taking a video !)
Thanks Anjadejar. Sounds encouraging

Quick question - Haven't you opened the Amazon package yet to check if you have received the IPhone?
Old 23rd October 2020, 18:53   #13147
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anjadejar. Sounds encouraging

Quick question - Haven't you opened the Amazon package yet to check if you have received the IPhone?
Not yet. I let all packages sit for three days before handling them as a precaution against COVID-19. It’s probably an overkill!

I am certain there is an actual iPhone in there In case the phone is defective (it could happen, I once bought an iPhone at a retail store with a volume up button that didn’t work) I’d still have about a week after opening it to get a new phone under Amazon’s 10-day replacement policy.
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:17   #13148
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered Iphone 11 64 gb on Amazon from Appario last weekend.There seems to be no traction on the order at all.
I got mine in 2 days through Darshita though originally it was supposed to take a week! Meanwhile, I've placed an order for a pendrive through Appario last Sunday & its supposed to arrive tomorrow. I don't know why a pendrive would take so long. Regarding iPhones, I guess delay must be due to massive demand.
Old 24th October 2020, 06:34   #13149
BHPian

Guys need an advice.

In 2020, should i buy an iPhone 11 Pro for 80K or an iPhone 12 for same price. 64 GB is sufficient for me. I am using the XR now.

I know the 11 pro is a gen old, but it is still the "Pro" version. Preliminary battery marathon tests show that 11 pro outlasts 12.

I don't play games on my phone
Media consumption is only limited to music
Outlook, Files, Whatsapp and Banking apps mostly
Intend to use for next 3 years

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 24th October 2020 at 06:59.
Old 24th October 2020, 09:08   #13150
Team-BHP Support

The Camera & Display on the new 12 pro are amazing. Here's a night shot on my SE and the new 12 Pro.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20201024-9.06.00-am.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20201024-9.03.41-am.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 09:28   #13151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Guys need an advice.

In 2020, should i buy an iPhone 11 Pro for 80K or an iPhone 12 for same price. 64 GB is sufficient for me. I am using the XR now.
I would recommend the 12. Unlike 11 and 11 pro, the screen across the 12 range is same, and if you plan to keep it for 2-3 years better to get the latest 5G phone. That will get you a better resale also. I have a 11 pro and if I am in the market for change, I may seriously consider the 12 mini instead of the 12 pro.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 10:55   #13152
BHPian

Quote:
Guys need an advice.

I know the 11 pro is a gen old, but it is still the "Pro" version. Preliminary battery marathon tests show that 11 pro outlasts 12.

With the iPhone 12 you get a newer processor, nicer design (in my view), the stronger ceramic shield front, 5G (though that won’t be a thing for a long time), and other minor improvements. Both the 11 Pro and 12 have almost identical cameras (the Pro of course has the additional telephoto lense), with the only difference being the 12’s wide lense having a slightly larger aperture. The difference in battery life is marginal.

If you can get the 11 Pro for significantly cheaper than the 12 then you can consider it but at these prices definitely go with the 12. You can also consider the 12 Mini to see if you prefer that size as the features remain the same. It will have a smaller battery though.
Old 24th October 2020, 12:02   #13153
Senior - BHPian

Got a query for anyone who has done a pre-order already with any premium reseller like imag!ne or iPlanet.

HDFC has an offer of ₹ 5000 cashback and a 12 months zero interest cost EMI on their CC. Anyone was able to confirm successfully if this offer is available to avail, if a prebook is done online?

India iStore website's Terms & conditions for the Bank Cashback Offer seems to be suggesting with their written text that the offer is for a store purchase (and EMI offer specific on Pine Labs terminals). So online pre-books with a home delivery don't get to avail this?
https://www.indiaistore.com/iPhone-12-pro

been trying to get iPlanet and imag!ne on phone to check, but they just won't pick up or get free (cash registers are probably ringing)?

Aptronix guy i called on their central number (hyderabad) confirmed to me that with them, only 6 months zero interest cost EMI is available.

Quote:
Guys need an advice.

My suggestion would be to check the cameras and sensors between the 11 Pro and iPhone 12. Basically, apart from phone speed and looks, the cameras are what we pay a premium for. There are also many in-depth reviews on youtube on 11 pro and a few coming up for 12 (you will get to know many fine nuances in such detailed reviews). Most of us here may not be going so detailed ourselves, to give you an ultimate verdict.

If you invest a little time to check these videos, you would in the end, have spent your money well. And in the process, you'll also get to be more informed about the phone's capabilities and short comings, this way.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Last edited by k_ajay : 24th October 2020 at 12:09. Reason: Adding response to post.
Old 24th October 2020, 16:35   #13154
Senior - BHPian

I dont know whether its just my assumption, but Im seeing my iPhone XRs battery life improve post removing all those Home Screen widgets. Post ios14 I was noticing fast battery draining during the day, my usage was exactly the same so wasnt sure why this was happening.
So I removed these new widgets like news apps, weather, photos etc, which I think were using up some battery performance. Or I dont know if its the iOS 14.1 update.
Old 24th October 2020, 16:50   #13155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So I removed these new widgets like news apps, weather, photos etc, which I think were using up some battery performance. Or I dont know if its the iOS 14.1 update.
Widgets keep getting updated/run in the background so battery drain is a given.

14.1 will have its battery improvement for sure, but lesser widgets = better battery life, even with future updates.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 24th October 2020 at 16:53.

Most Viewed