Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2020, 18:28   #13156
BHPian
 
Prodigy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 667
Thanked: 579 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Not yet. I let all packages sit for three days before handling them as a precaution against COVID-19. It's probably an overkill!

I am certain there is an actual iPhone in there In case the phone is defective (it could happen, I once bought an iPhone at a retail store with a volume up button that didn't work) I'd still have about a week after opening it to get a new phone under Amazon's 10-day replacement policy.
Hi Anjadekar,

Received the iPhone 11 this evening

I immediately santized the box with wet wipes and opened it to verify the authenticity. It's an Oct 2020 manufactured model.

I verified the serial number on Apple site and its genuine.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:17   #13157
BHPian
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

It seems ordering the iPhone 11 from apple store was a VERY bad idea. The free AirPods bait got the better of me.

It has been exactly a week now and there has been no movement in the order. Even the awb number from blue dart is wrong it seems. When I talk to apple guys they are clueless and they keep going round n round with their scripted responses. Blue dart says the order was cancelled by apple.

AirPods were delivered the very next day, and they have over the five days turned from a freebie to a liability. I can't cancel the iPhone order else will have to pay for AirPods. And waiting seems waste of time especially when there is no clear sight of the problem and resolution. I have emailed to Apple customer care as well but no response.

I usually steer clear of all online stores except amazon, especially during sales. This time was an exception.
lordvader is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 19:28   #13158
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 28
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Anjadekar,

Received the iPhone 11 this evening

I immediately santized the box with wet wipes and opened it to verify the authenticity. It's an Oct 2020 manufactured model.

I verified the serial number on Apple site and its genuine.
Yay! Enjoy your phone
Anjadekar is offline  
Old 24th October 2020, 20:54   #13159
Newbie
 
neeraj08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: PB11
Posts: 1
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
It seems ordering the iPhone 11 from apple store was a VERY bad idea. The free AirPods bait got the better of me.

It has been exactly a week now and there has been no movement in the order. Even the awb number from blue dart is wrong it seems. When I talk to apple guys they are clueless and they keep going round n round with their scripted responses. Blue dart says the order was cancelled by apple.

AirPods were delivered the very next day, and they have over the five days turned from a freebie to a liability. I can't cancel the iPhone order else will have to pay for AirPods. And waiting seems waste of time especially when there is no clear sight of the problem and resolution. I have emailed to Apple customer care as well but no response.

I usually steer clear of all online stores except amazon, especially during sales. This time was an exception.
I also ordered iPhone 11 with the Airpods offer. I have got the phone delivered but the Airpods are not trackable. I remember, while placing order it was showing 28th Oct for the pods, but now it just shows 'Shipped' and no tracking number is provided. I am now hoping they will reach me around 28th.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-myappleorder.png  


Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th October 2020 at 22:06. Reason: Grammar.
neeraj08 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 00:15   #13160
Newbie
 
neeraj08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: PB11
Posts: 1
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Finally received the Airpods.

I had ordered iPhone 11 during the free Airpods offer on Apple website.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Both the iPhone (new packaging) and Airpods are made in China.
I was surprised to know that Apple offer free personalization on Airpods on their website. Hence, got YNWA engraved on them. Of course I am an LFC fan.
Also traded in an iPhone 5s that was lying idle at home. Retained its charger to avoid purchasing a new one.

So, after 2 years with Symbian, 2 years with WindowsMobile and 4 years with Android, I have jumped on to Apple's ship.
Here's the bundle-
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-img1112.jpg  

neeraj08 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 10:05   #13161
BHPian
 
lordvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 85
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj08 View Post
Finally received the Airpods.

I had ordered iPhone 11 during the free Airpods offer on Apple website.
Thanks for the suggestions!-
Congratulations, glad you had better luck with apple and blue dart combo.
lordvader is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 10:27   #13162
BHPian
 
TorqueIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Kottayam,Kerala
Posts: 121
Thanked: 507 Times
Default The iPhone Thread

Picked up an iPhone SE 128gb white from Flipkart at 33K -

*Country of origin marked as India .
*Pack included Phone+Charger+Earpods+USB-lightning cable.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-1603688229602.jpg  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 26th October 2020 at 10:43.
TorqueIndia is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:44   #13163
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 721
Thanked: 1,881 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Are there any NFC based payment options for iOS in India ?
Thilak29 is offline  
Old 30th October 2020, 20:57   #13164
BHPian
 
ashvek3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 257
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Hi folks,

Wanted to know if any iPhone 7 users have got their battery replaced. If yes, then how's the improvement in the performance? Currently, my Battery health is at 73%, and apart from the poor battery life, the phone's RAM management has taken a hit too. Apps reload quite frequently, and take a good amount of time for that too. this is also accompanied by occasional heating and at times restarts. Will there will be any significant improvement if I go for a new battery?

I got different quotes from two different Apple care centers here. One quoted 5.5k wherein I will also have to deposit the phone for a day or so; whereas another one is offering a battery replacement at 3.5k in 2 hrs. flat. I am quite surprised how there can be two different approach for the same kinda job, that too by an authorized SC.

Anyway, in all probability I will be choosing the latter one, for obvious reasons.

Just wanted to know if at all it is worth it to get a new battery for my 3.5 year old iPhone 7. Even if this replacement gives my phone a new life for another year or so is good enough for me.

I am currently running iOS 13.1.2.

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 30th October 2020 at 20:59.
ashvek3141 is online now  
Old 30th October 2020, 21:11   #13165
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 932
Thanked: 2,145 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

Just wanted to know if at all it is worth it to get a new battery for my 3.5 year old iPhone 7. Even if this replacement gives my phone a new life for another year or so is good
I just changed my brother’s unused(since 1 year) 6s battery for 3.5k from apple service centre since my phone (android) gave up. Been a month and I am pretty happy with battery backup now , lasts entire day with moderate usage. No visual lag in apps as such. And I am on iOS 14.0.1

If getting a new one is not a priority get the battery changed. Am mighty impressed with the performance of this 5 year old apple. If it doesn’t die I intend to use this till next year mid atleast

Last edited by SoumenD : 30th October 2020 at 21:14.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 21:25   #13166
BHPian
 
ashvek3141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Goa
Posts: 257
Thanked: 546 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
I just changed my brother’s unused(since 1 year) 6s battery for 3.5k from apple service centre since my phone (android) gave up. Been a month and I am pretty happy with battery backup now , lasts entire day with moderate usage. No visual lag in apps as such. And I am on iOS 14.0.1

If getting a new one is not a priority get the battery changed. Am mighty impressed with the performance of this 5 year old apple. If it doesn’t die I intend to use this till next year mid atleast
Aah, good to here that! My major gripe apart from the obvious battery drain is the poor RAM management and the sluggishness in loading the apps. This is also the exact reason why I didn't update my OS since a year now.

Anyway, if a mere 3.5k brings new life in an iPhone, might as well go for it. Like I said, even a year of life for my phone would be great.

And yeah, this is the beauty of iPhones, a simple battery replacement can make the phone last for a good year or two. And thanks for the quick reply mate.
ashvek3141 is online now  
Old 30th October 2020, 23:26   #13167
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,284
Thanked: 2,951 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
I got different quotes from two different Apple care centers here. One quoted 5.5k wherein I will also have to deposit the phone for a day or so; whereas another one is offering a battery replacement at 3.5k in 2 hrs. flat. I am quite surprised how there can be two different approach for the same kinda job, that too by an authorized SC.
I got my 6s battery replaced for 3.5k some months back from authorized service centre. If you have the moolah, you can exchange your 7 with the 11 or XR. Then no need to change the battery!
PPS is offline  
Old 30th October 2020, 23:48   #13168
BHPian
 
pranavmichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 32
Thanked: 364 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Just received the iPhone 12 pro this morning. Ordered it through apple's official india store as soon as the pre-orders opened i.e. 23rd Oct, 12am.
Went with the 256 gb variant in silver colour. Was previously using the one plus 6T and my last iPhone was an iPhone 7.

First impressions of the phone are it feels extremely well put together. However I wasn't expecting it to be this heavy, one can definitely feel the weight of the stainless steel. The stainless steel border however comes with a big flaw, it catches a lot of finger prints. That is easily solved with a case though.

Other things ordered with the phone were:
  • Adapter- Received on 27th.
  • Clear Case- Received on 28th.
  • Airpods Pro- Received on 30th.
  • Mag Safe Charger- Scheduled for 5th Nov.
Transferring data from an android to iPhone was not at all easy. Apple suggests using Move to iOS app but tried it plenty of times, it just didn't work. It always displayed a connection error. After browsing google found a software called Dr.Fone, had to purchase a license but the transfer was seamless. It even transferred my whatsapp chats to the iPhone.

Some pictures of the phone:
The iPhone Thread-bhp-phone-1.jpg

The iPhone Thread-bhp-phone-2.jpg

The iPhone Thread-bhp-phone-3.jpg
pranavmichael is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 23:49   #13169
BHPian
 
procrastinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Pune/Chandigarh
Posts: 251
Thanked: 385 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Hi folks,

Wanted to know if any iPhone 7 users have got their battery replaced. If yes, then how's the improvement in the performance?

I am currently running iOS 13.1.2
Get the original battery if you intend to keep your phone for long.
Since apple rolled iOS 14 to iPhone 6S, your phone has at least one more update to come.

I got iPhone 6S battery replaced. It was under battery program in December, 2018.

The replaced battery lasted for 1.5 years. Although it showed battery health of 85% but it lost charges quickly during use. I think it is More to do with iOS and my usage.
Standby time is still good with iOS devices.

Initial reports suggest iOS 14.1 is working well on iPhone 7.
procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 11:46   #13170
PPS
Senior - BHPian
 
PPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: mumbai
Posts: 2,284
Thanked: 2,951 Times
Default Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavmichael View Post
Transferring data from an android to iPhone was not at all easy. Apple suggests using Move to iOS app but tried it plenty of times, it just didn't work. It always displayed a connection error. After browsing google found a software called Dr.Fone, had to purchase a license but the transfer was seamless. It even transferred my whatsapp chats to the iPhone.
Congratulations on your new iPhone 12 Pro. About 4-5yrs I had faced same issue when switching from Android to Apple. Had used Copy My Data app as advised on our forum & I was able to transfer some of the data.
PPS is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks