Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2021, 19:10   #13696
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

My iPhone X has gone bad apparently. When checked for battery health it show as “ service “. I’m assuming that means time has come to change the battery. Any leads where can I get the battery replaced in Delhi once lockdown eases, and is it advisable to change the battery, hoping that phone wont show any other problems after that. Or should I upgrade to iPhone 11 or 12 128gb ?

Last edited by speedfreak01 : 31st May 2021 at 19:13.
Old 31st May 2021, 19:35   #13697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
My iPhone X has gone bad apparently. When checked for battery health it show as “ service “. I’m assuming that means time has come to change the battery. Any leads where can I get the battery replaced in Delhi once lockdown eases, and is it advisable to change the battery, hoping that phone wont show any other problems after that. Or should I upgrade to iPhone 11 or 12 128gb ?

It just the battery that needs replacement, Even mine is at 78% ( shows service ) works fine just that battery drains faster.

Battery replacement would do the trick, you don’t need to replace the phone unless you were looking for an excuse to do so.
Old 31st May 2021, 21:36   #13698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
It just the battery that needs replacement, Even mine is at 78% ( shows service ) works fine just that battery drains faster.

Battery replacement would do the trick, you don’t need to replace the phone unless you were looking for an excuse to do so.
Yes battery replacement should do the trick.
Old 2nd June 2021, 16:40   #13699
BHPian

A word of caution for those looking to upgrade their iPhones to the latest iOS 14.6.

There are reports of serious battery drain & occasional performance problems & I can very well confirm that.

Some reports even claim that it has messed up the ‘battery health calibration’ fix that cam with 14.5.1.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...h=34efae7b4693

My iPhone 7’s battery isn’t holding the charge well post the upgrade to 14.6. I did a mistake by jumping onto this upgrade too soon. iOS 14.5.1 was much better in terms of battery & overall performance.

Luckily, since the iPhone 7 is my secondary phone; I can very well experiment any new updates on this, before getting em installed on the 12 Pro. Saves the trouble of a glitched software update on a new iPhone.

Bdw, here’s a snap of the battery performance of my IP7 on 14.6.

The iPhone Thread-8cdcfdb8f0d74c33b479b0acfffd3b7b.png

Last edited by ashvek3141 : 2nd June 2021 at 16:47.
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:00   #13700
Distinguished - BHPian

My wife's iPhone 7 plus is aging and needs a replacement. Does HDFC card cashback offer apply on purchases from Apple online store?

I checked the Apple online store where they are offering good buyback price for the current device compared to Amazon or Flipkart. However, the HDFC card offers seem to be available with these online retailers only.
Old 2nd June 2021, 17:27   #13701
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Does HDFC card cashback offer apply on purchases from Apple online store?
The HDFC offer is not available on the Apple website. I just made a purchase and spoke to both, Apple and HDFC; they mentioned that this offer will not be extended. (Apple said it is from HDFC and out of their control, and HDFC said the same about Apple).

The offer is available on the Unicorn website though, which is as good as the Apple store itself. https://shop.unicornstore.in/
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 06:49   #13702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak01 View Post
Apparently, my years-old iPhone 8 plus has started showing "service" for the past few months now. The good thing is, the battery is still holding up pretty well for my usage. For my typical day usage of few calls and some texting, I end up with ~60% left at the end of the day around 11 PM, which is more or less similar to what I have been getting from its prime days. Makes me wonder about the utility of this feature on the phone altogether. Long story short, if the phone is holding up with your usage pattern, don't bother
Old 4th June 2021, 09:03   #13703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Shut down and restart the phone, sometimes doing that takes care of these strange update side effects. Let us know.

Cheers
That was the first thing i did, followed by settings reset and then a complete reset. It still won't charge my 11Pro, however it charges my Pods Pro and Mom's XR fine. Strange enough when 11Pro is off and I put it on the charger, It powers up and then refuses to charge.

Not that, its affecting me, but I would try a different charger soon and update.
Old 4th June 2021, 20:28   #13704
Senior - BHPian

Have got myself into a slight mess with regard to the Jio Esim. I have been using an iPhone XR for the last 2.5 years with a jio esim and a physical Airtel sim. Recently bought an iPhone 12 and was migrating all data from the XR to the iPhone 12. All data transfers happened in a smooth manner except the process of esim transfer. I tried a few steps, it didn’t work so I called jio customer care. They then sent me some steps to follow, which was basically to reinstall the esim in the old phone once again since they were saying that without this process the esim cannot be transferred. Anyway, I tried that, and to my bad luck the esim stopped functioning now. I cannot see the signal at all. Although under mobile data I can see that there is a jio plan in place. I tried everything again, reset network settings and all that can be done and no luck. The jio customer care executives have no idea about esim at all and they keep sharing a standard template on how to enable esim from a physical sim.
Finally the customer care executives are asking me to visit a jio store in person. This sounds absolutely crazy when we are in the middle of a lockdown. The trouble is, this mobile connection is my personal connection and almost all bank OTPs etc come to this number. Without access to this it would be extremely difficult.
I remember getting the Jio Esim on November 2018, just when the XR was launched and at that time jio executives had no clue as to what was an esim. Unfortunately they haven’t moved a step in this direction at all. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please?

Last edited by motorworks : 4th June 2021 at 20:29.
Old 5th June 2021, 11:13   #13705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Have got myself into a slight mess with regard to the Jio Esim.

----snip----

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue please?
Just log a request for lost/damaged sim for your Jio (e)SIM. They will cancel the existing one and send you a new physical SIM, upon receiving which, you can convert the same into an e-sim on your new phone.
Old 6th June 2021, 17:10   #13706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Just log a request for lost/damaged sim for your Jio (e)SIM. They will cancel the existing one and send you a new physical SIM, upon receiving which, you can convert the same into an e-sim on your new phone.
Thanks, I have tried everything possible, was asked to visit a Jio store early in the morning to resolve this, but no solution as yet. I’m surprised that Jio customer care executives and store staff are helpless in the complex system they have built, and plus no one has any clue about e-sim at all. I have now written multiple emails and even posted messages on Twitter to get some attention to my situation, let’s hope it gets solved in the next 2 days. And in the meantime my personal phone line is completely not available, the whole aspect of OTPs for every single thing in our life today is making my situation far worse than what it is!
Old 6th June 2021, 20:28   #13707
BHPian

Quote:
My wife's iPhone 7 plus is aging and needs a replacement. Does HDFC card cashback offer apply on purchases from Apple online store?

I checked the Apple online store where they are offering good buyback price for the current device compared to Amazon or Flipkart. However, the HDFC card offers seem to be available with these online retailers only.
Now that we're in June, I'd recommend waiting a few more months for the new models to arrive. More variants to choose from and likely price drops on older variants.
kauphylover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 21:26   #13708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post
Now that we're in June, I'd recommend waiting a few more months for the new models to arrive. More variants to choose from and likely price drops on older variants.
Makes sense.

But then so would the buyback price for the current phone.

And her birthday is in this month.
Old 7th June 2021, 10:35   #13709
BHPian

Quote:
Makes sense.

But then so would the buyback price for the current phone.

And her birthday is in this month.
Buy her lovely flowers and a card saying being patient brings better rewards/presents.

I am on the same boat. My iPhone 7 gave up after years of service and even after spending 3 weeks with the repair shop, they could not do anything. Am using a even older 5C right now, which has no mic & does not ring, so I have to use bluetooth for everything. But its a matter of few months and then I will either get iPhone 13 mini or 12 mini spending on what the difference is for features and price.
click is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 14:56   #13710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Thanks, I have tried everything possible, was asked to visit a Jio store early in the morning to resolve this, but no solution as yet. I’m surprised that Jio customer care executives and store staff are helpless in the complex system they have built, and plus no one has any clue about e-sim at all.
I was in the similar issue last month. I have a Jio (Main number) sim & wanted to get another Airtel Sim due to network issues at work place. Thankfully I googled before I changed. Google threw up the fact that you had to visit a Jio store to transfer an Esim, whereas with Airtel you can do it over email. So I changed the Airtel one to an E-Sim within 4 hours of getting the sim & all this without visiting the store.

https://www.jio.com/en-in/faq/esim/h...ew-esim.html#/

https://www.airtel.in/esim

This has been Jio's stance from the very beginning & it looks like it is not going to change anytime soon.

I suggest the first thing you do after the lockdown is lifted is to change the Jio E-sim back to physical sim (you have to visit the store anyway) & change the airtel one to E-Sim. As in my case, my primary number is on a physical sim and can be changed very quickly in case of future phone issues.

Last edited by car_addict : 7th June 2021 at 15:02. Reason: Edited for Clarity
car_addict is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks