Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2022, 16:06   #14446
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

The current update for iPhone is 15.3? Is the update stable (i.e. without any bugs glitches)?
Thanks.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 19:40   #14447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The current update for iPhone is 15.3? Is the update stable (i.e. without any bugs glitches)?
Thanks.
Working absolutely fine since the release day (Devices - Xs Max and 11 Pro Max).
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:00   #14448
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
It’s the best of iOS 15 till date, in terms of smoothness and battery life, I’ve not noticed any bugs. Checked on 12 mini and 13 pro max.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 20:14   #14449
BHPian

Has anyone been able to use TrueCaller on their Iphone? I’m unable to get caller id to flash on the screen when a call comes in. Have enabled TrueCaller in call blocking and identification.

Quote:
Thanks.
No issues. Has a very cool feature where you can scan text in pics. Extremely useful if you want to parse a phone number.
Iyencar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 22:07   #14450
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Working absolutely fine since the release day (Devices - Xs Max and 11 Pro Max).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
It’s the best of iOS 15 till date, in terms of smoothness and battery life, I’ve not noticed any bugs. Checked on 12 mini and 13 pro max.
Has anybody updated their older phones say the 6s, 7’s or the 8’s to the latest 15.3?

I have IP7 running on 14.8.1 and this update had dropped the battery health to 86% from 92% (on 14.7) and further depleting the battery performance too.

I would not want the 15.3 taking it further down near 80%, compelling me for a battery replacement. Hence, any inputs on how the 15.3 update is fairing on older generation phones would be greatly appreciated.
Old 1st February 2022, 22:26   #14451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Has anybody updated their older phones say the 6s, 7’s or the 8’s to the latest 15.3?

I have IP7 running on 14.8.1 and this update had dropped the battery health to 86% from 92% (on 14.7) and further depleting the battery performance too.

I would not want the 15.3 taking it further down near 80%, compelling me for a battery replacement. Hence, any inputs on how the 15.3 update is fairing on older generation phones would be greatly appreciated.
I personally haven’t updated my 6S but none of the tech channels on YouTube seem to have any issues on older devices on 15.3.

Regarding battery health, whenever you update the system recalibrates and you will often see the correct percentage displayed, think of it as being more accurate. You can verify the same by checking the cycles on your battery under data logs under privacy in settings. Divide your nominal charge capacity displayed by the rated capacity of your battery and multiply by 100 to get the % health. Cheers.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:22   #14452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post

I updated my 6S. The phone is smooth as usual. But I experienced high idle battery drain. I did a settings reset (not full reset) and it is better now. Yet I feel that battery drain is moderately higher than before. Battery health hasn't been affected and is staying at 88% for the past few months.
Old 2nd February 2022, 14:20   #14453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I updated my 6S. The phone is smooth as usual. But I experienced high idle battery drain. I did a settings reset (not full reset) and it is better now. Yet I feel that battery drain is moderately higher than before. Battery health hasn't been affected and is staying at 88% for the past few months.
Thanks civic-sense.

Well, the high battery drain after a major software upgrade is usually a given thing for iPhones. They say that the the battery is kinda calibrating with the new software. This can take close to a week to stabilise.

I too upgraded the software of my IP7 from 14.8.1 to 15.3. No drop in battery health. But yeah, like I said the battery is draining faster than usual. Let’s see how it fairs in the coming days.
Old 2nd February 2022, 14:55   #14454
Senior - BHPian

Hello all,

Request help from iOS experts. We(me and wife) have been Android users when it comes to mobile phones except for a brief period where she used a 5S though we now have an i pad Mini and a Mac Pro. Now I want to gift my wife an i Phone 13 mini and was reading up the reviews and reports and stumbled upon this.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...answer-2714128

Quote:
“Phone Noise Cancellation is not available on iPhone 13 models, which is why you do not see this option in Settings,” Apple Support said as quoted by the website.
Is the absence of ambient noise cancellation feature a big downer? Her voice calls are mainly via SIM card and few through Whats App. Can we expect this feature to be enabled in future updates since the hardware is already present?

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 2nd February 2022 at 15:15.
Old 2nd February 2022, 19:11   #14455
Team-BHP Support

Thanks everyone, a friend was facing issue with his iPhone 11, hence asked. I updated & its working fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Has anyone been able to use TrueCaller on their Iphone? I’m unable to get caller id to flash on the screen when a call comes in. Have enabled TrueCaller in call blocking and identification.
Not yet. This is a pain. I was shying away just because of this, but...related post (The iPhone Thread) & discussion.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 17:50   #14456
BRV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
Installed TrueCaller and realized it doesn't work properly like in Android. Now am attending every call (all useless / spam ). Still have the app to check the numbers if I miss any.
Old 3rd February 2022, 18:51   #14457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
Installed TrueCaller and realized it doesn't work properly like in Android. Now am attending every call (all useless / spam ). Still have the app to check the numbers if I miss any.
Truecaller partially works. As in, when spam calls come, I do get a notification together with it saying "Bajaj Finserve spam" or "Firstcry Intellikit" and such. But if someone else (Say me) calls you then you won't see my name.

Last edited by raksrules : 3rd February 2022 at 18:53.
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:01   #14458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRV View Post
This has been a pain with Truecaller on iOS. Wonder why they haven’t fixed it yet. Its really a headache attending all calls as you aren’t sure which one is important/spam
Old 3rd February 2022, 19:41   #14459
BHPian

Is using Truecaller on your phone safe? Dont get me wrong, but I feel the reason for all the SPAM calls are the creators like this one.

Though I agree, it could come in handy for you to make decisions of which calls to take, and search who you missed a call from.

My re-purposed cell number was and still is named "fruitwala" -
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:23   #14460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Hello all,

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...answer-2714128

Is the absence of ambient noise cancellation feature a big downer? Her voice calls are mainly via SIM card and few through Whats App. Can we expect this feature to be enabled in future updates since the hardware is already present?
Not at all, going by Apples wording I don’t think it’s going to come back anytime soon. It’s something I didn’t even notice even when it was enabled, would say it’s a non issue to be honest.

Do consider the 13 before finalising the mini as, though slightly improved, the battery life still doesn’t last the entire day unless you’re a very light user. Cheers.

Last edited by AJ56 : 3rd February 2022 at 20:26.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed