Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:16   #14581
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
hey,

Please suggest a good daily task tracker application available on iPhone. Looking for basic functionality like , task reminder, task completion etc.
A few good ones in order of my preference:
1. Tick Tick : Available across all platforms, free and super easy to use
2. Tasks: Indie app, nice interface
3. ToDoist: super powerful app, available across all platforms

Last edited by Silverfire : 22nd March 2022 at 00:17. Reason: fixed typo
Silverfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:21   #14582
BHPian

My iPhone‘s battery health is at 83% and it’s draining rapidly - almost a percent a week. At this rate, I will need to get the battery changed pretty soon. Can someone please tell me where I can get this done in bangalore? An authorized service center near the BTM/JP Nagar/Jayanagar area will be preferable.
Old 22nd March 2022, 06:33   #14583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
hey,

Please suggest a good daily task tracker application available on iPhone. Looking for basic functionality like , task reminder, task completion etc.
I have tried a bunch of them, finally zeroed in on the iPhone's default reminder app itself. It has all the basic functionalities and has been a troublefree trouble free ever since. Also, I am using Microsoft's Todo app for work.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 22nd March 2022 at 06:35.
bhp_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:56   #14584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I have tried a bunch of them, finally zeroed in on the iPhone's default reminder app itself. It has all the basic functionalities and has been a troublefree trouble free ever since.
I second the default Reminders app on iPhone. You can set one-time reminders or reminders for events that should be repeated.
  • You can set reminders using natural language (using Siri or writing stuff like "Laundry in ten mins")
  • You can also split your tasks into different lists and view your schedule (similar to how one sees a weekly calendar view)
Old 29th March 2022, 07:54   #14585
Senior - BHPian

I finally upgraded to an iPhone 13 mini yesterday.

My iPhone SE 2015 has been serving me faithfully. But of late after a battery change, it had been heating up. Also sometimes it would slow down especially when the battery was close to 0.

Visited Reliance digital, Chroma and Imagine store nearby and none of them had stock of iPhone 13 mini. Offered price was 69,990/- with a 6K instant cashback.

Checked online and Flipkart was offering iPhone 13 mini for 59,990/- and buy back for my old phone was 4450/-. My phone is near mint. Battery replaced about 6 months back and still at 100% health. One small ding right upper corner. So I placed the order for the same with exchange. Unfortunately when the exec came for delivery at 7:00 pm, he said there were 2 dead pixels on the display, which I had never noticed before. So he had to reduce the cost to 2,200/- I didn't feel it was worth it.

Suggestions on where to sell/ how to use old phone are welcome.

Changes noticed:
*The iPhone 13 mini is HUGE. I have big hands (Glove size 8) but I'm having trouble reaching the corners.
*There are a few interface changes, but overall it's almost the same experience.
*The phone did become unresponsive a couple of times during setup, not sure if it's normal.
*Also the haptic feedback feels like something is broken inside, literally like a ball bearing rolling inside.

I hope this phone also lasts the distance and gives me service like my older phone did.
Old 29th March 2022, 09:15   #14586
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that battery degrades faster when kept on charging with laptop USB port?

I recently switched to charging using my laptop's USB port as I was feeling lazy to keep the phone for charging using iphone charger (as the socket was a little far ) and after 2 days of charging my battery health fell suddenly by 2%.

Not doing charging this way again unless connecting to laptop for backup/ data transfer.
Old 29th March 2022, 12:55   #14587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
*The iPhone 13 mini is HUGE.
Anything other than the SE is huge . I moved to a iPhone 7 from my iPhone 12( swapped with daughter as I never take pictures and was wasting the iP12 as per my daughter) and find the 7 a toy now. Will buy the 13 mini once new phones are announced and the mini drops price (hopefully).
Old 29th March 2022, 13:13   #14588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionManali View Post
Hello All

Looking forward for a possible cause and remedy on my iPhoneX.
A black/blueish round spot develops(near number one in dial pad) whenever I switch on Bluetooth and pair it with external speaker to listen music. it goes away automatically after sometime when Bluetooth is switched off.

Wow. Faced similar issue on my new I phone 12. Looks like i am only facing the issue . I have two phones with same issue now. Any help?
Old 29th March 2022, 14:40   #14589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Hi,

Has anyone noticed that battery degrades faster when kept on charging with laptop USB port?

I recently switched to charging using my laptop's USB port as I was feeling lazy to keep the phone for charging using iphone charger (as the socket was a little far ) and after 2 days of charging my battery health fell suddenly by 2%.

Not doing charging this way again unless connecting to laptop for backup/ data transfer.
Hi, it's suggested to unplug as soon as the battery level on your phone reached 80%. If you're charging with a Mac, no problem. Windows will definitely not know how much power/output is to be given to your phone. (Mac deals well with it) Also, I hope you have 'optimised charge' turned on.

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2022, 00:11   #14590
Distinguished - BHPian

I normally don't check the battery health but, I happened to check yesterday and saw that it dropped from 100% to 99%.

This happened after exactly 4-months.

I note that my battery life has decreased. After 24 hours, my battery is showing 30% which means I can get another couple of hours max.

This is a dip in battery performance as I used to get 27 hours with heavy usage and up to even 40 hours with very light usage on a single charge.

Not sure if its due to 15.4 OS version which is supposedly draining battery.

I will upgrade to 15.4.1 over the weekend and monitor if battery life improves.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 11:18   #14591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I will upgrade to 15.4.1 over the weekend and monitor if battery life improves.
There are many report so iOS 15.4 significantly impacting the battery life. I won't be surprised if the health degraded too.

Do keep us updated on the performance of 15.4.1, as many are still sitting on the fence w.r.t. update due to the poor initial response on the 15.4.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:43   #14592
BHPian

Quote:
I normally don't check the battery health but, I happened to check yesterday and saw that it dropped from 100% to 99%.

This happened after exactly 4-months.

Check your nominal charge capacity under log aggregated under privacy in settings. That’s the metric used to calculate your battery health. You’ll also see charge cycles.

My 6 month old 13 pro max has 140 charge cycles and shows 100% health with nominal capacity at 4350 mah. I charge using the MagSafe exclusively and generally keep it within the 80-20% soc range. iOS 15.4.1 is running great on my device.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-4eff51e5dd4f49fea3c27fac8dc21554.jpeg  

Last edited by AJ56 : 3rd April 2022 at 12:46.
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 23:10   #14593
Distinguished - BHPian

Running iOS 15.4 on my 12 mini and I have not seen any degradation in terms of battery performance/ backup. Nor my battery health has fallen from the previous 99%.

On another lines about 15.4, as a matter of fact, the new update not only unlocks the phone with the user wearing a mask but also while wearing a full face helmet. Though I have felt that the unlock is not so seamless and quick as without mask.
Old 4th April 2022, 23:18   #14594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
There are many report so iOS 15.4 significantly impacting the battery life. I won't be surprised if the health degraded too.

Do keep us updated on the performance of 15.4.1, as many are still sitting on the fence w.r.t. update due to the poor initial response on the 15.4.
I have upgraded to 15.4.1. Let's wait for a couple of days to get it stabilized and then will let you know the charge cycles have improved or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Check your nominal charge capacity under log aggregated under privacy in settings. That’s the metric used to calculate your battery health. You’ll also see charge cycles.

My 6 month old 13 pro max has 140 charge cycles and shows 100% health with nominal capacity at 4350 mah. I charge using the MagSafe exclusively and generally keep it within the 80-20% soc range. iOS 15.4.1 is running great on my device.
Thanks. Where do I read your phone has done 140 charge cycles? Also, I used to know the process but, can you outline how to get this information?

I believe the file needs to be exported to a text file to view this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
On another lines about 15.4, as a matter of fact, the new update not only unlocks the phone with the user wearing a mask but also while wearing a full face helmet. Though I have felt that the unlock is not so seamless and quick as without mask.
Woah! That is fantastic. Face ID working with a full face helmet is news to me.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 23:39   #14595
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. Where do I read your phone has done 140 charge cycles? Also, I used to know the process but, can you outline how to get this information?

I believe the file needs to be exported to a text file to view this information?
Nope no need to export anything, follow these steps, it’s fairly simple.

Here’s a screenshot of mine from the same log.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-f338431bc0d14487a4ace12234ad2807.jpeg  

AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks