Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 18:46   #14656
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Couldn't Apple invent a wireless MagSafe charger with a lightening port? That way a customer can have a charger plug for Rs. 1.9K, a charging wire for Rs 2.7K and finally a charging block for X amount. Apart from buying the phone that is.

Now we have to buy a charger plug for Rs. 1.9K and a charging block for Rs. 5K. When you keep exchanging the wire and the block, I'm sure the wires will get damaged. Apple wires are known to fail very easily.

All the genius at Genius bar, not so smart after all?
Lowering prices on any product including chargers/cables benefits you but hurts their topline, why would they do it?

I’ve used the MagSafe cable and puck for almost 1.5 years now and it’s doing just fine, no sign of wear at all. Their older cables had issues, newer ones are fine.
Old 26th April 2022, 09:13   #14657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Lowering prices on any product including chargers/cables benefits you but hurts their topline, why would they do it?
Apple is spinning this as a "Social responsibility, under the cover of sustainability". There is good & bad in that. NEWS
Old 26th April 2022, 13:44   #14658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Apple is spinning this as a "Social responsibility, under the cover of sustainability". There is good & bad in that. NEWS
In my opinion Apple’s pro environment reasoning is pure bs. I’ll explain-

Yes the box is slimmer but at what cost? The USB C cable included in the box isn’t compatible with their standard charge brick which accepts only USB A. So now you have to order a USB C brick separately, and if you buy MagSafe, you only get the cable and puck and the cable is USB C again forcing you to order the USB C brick and they ship the cable and brick independently so now instead of just the iPhone being shipped once, I have 3 different packages being shipped from Apple just to ensure I can charge wirelessly, shipped in diesel trucks by the way.

One can argue that you can simply use the 5W USB A brick and lighting cable (which Apple assumes you already have since their cable is USB C to lighting). But no one in their right mind will charge a pro max iPhone with a 5W brick, it takes hours and isn’t practical.

Hence my statement, Apples moves are smart as they benefit them, not us
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 13:55   #14659
BHPian

Can anyone suggest best and trusted app to move Whatsapp with messages from Android to iPhone?

Mods: I have asked on another thread as well (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5305706 (Why I finally moved from Android to an iPhone)), hope this is okay.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 27th April 2022, 14:07   #14660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Can anyone suggest best and trusted app to move Whatsapp with messages from Android to iPhone?
Free of cost, none. Paid - Yes. Why - Android uses G drive whereas Apple uses iCloud, and they don't talk to each other.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:35   #14661
BHPian

I am unable to select and copy messages on watsapp on my IPhone 11. What might be the problem.
Old 27th April 2022, 17:37   #14662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am unable to select and copy messages on watsapp on my IPhone 11. What might be the problem.
Close WhatsApp completely and then reopen it. It will work a few times then.

I've posted about the same a few posts back.
Old 29th April 2022, 23:05   #14663
BHPian

Anyone know price for an original battery replacement for iPhone XS?

I was checking one of the Apple authorized service centers, PlanetCare (iPlanet) which has a service center nearby and I see they charge 8499 INR. I had it pegged in my mind as 4-5k for some reason. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-b2ca2c7294c64e1ba7cf129e6b9f8b20.jpeg  

Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 00:21   #14664
BHPian

Guys I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I was pretty set on getting the iPhone 14 pro when it is released later this year, however the screen on my Samsung S10+ has decided to stop working properly today. I don't think I can keep using it for the 4-5 months or so till I can get the 14 pro.

So am thinking of getting an iPhone 12 now, and then selling that later this year when I get the 14. Don't mind if I lose a little on depreciation but hoping for minimal loss. Don't think it is worth getting the 13 and then selling it. Basically just need a solid phone to tide me over these few months without a massive financial hit.

Any thoughts on this or any other recommendations? What's the best deal on the iPhone 12 at the moment?

PS. Also open to buying second hand if anyone has any good leads?

Last edited by s4ch : 30th April 2022 at 00:34.
Old 30th April 2022, 09:12   #14665
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Any thoughts on this or any other recommendations?
Not sure where your location is (India or abroad) but I can think of two options:
  1. If you are getting an iPhone now, get the 13 series. The 13 Pro is an awesome device, and with that you can probably skip the 14 series altogether and get the 15 when it comes out in 2023.
  2. Or since you are on Samsung now, look at the options available in the Galaxy S series (say a S21 FE 5G), and then move to the 14 around end of this year. Like iPhones, Samsung flagships retain its value well.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 13:34   #14666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post

I was checking one of the Apple authorized service centers, PlanetCare (iPlanet) which has a service center nearby and I see they charge 8499 INR. I had it pegged in my mind as 4-5k for some reason. Any thoughts?
You’re getting ripped off at 8500, just called up the Apple authorized service centre here (I live in Gurgaon) and they said it’s 5000 for 13 pro max, I’m sure it can’t be more for a XS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Guys I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I was pretty set on getting the iPhone 14 pro when it is released later this year, however the screen on my Samsung S10+ has decided to stop working properly today. I don't think I can keep using it for the 4-5 months or so till I can get the 14 pro.

So am thinking of getting an iPhone 12 now, and then selling that later this year when I get the 14. Don't mind if I lose a little on depreciation but hoping for minimal loss. Don't think it is worth getting the 13 and then selling it. Basically just need a solid phone to tide me over these few months without a massive financial hit.

Any thoughts on this or any other recommendations? What's the best deal on the iPhone 12 at the moment?

PS. Also open to buying second hand if anyone has any good leads?
Personally I’d get a used a 11/12 pro max for cheap on olx, use for a few months until Sept. and then get the 14 pro max. You will have some residual resale value in the old device. With used phones make sure you get a basic check done at an authorised service centre before paying.
AJ56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:20   #14667
BHPian

Quote:

Don't go by this. My wife has iPhone X and battery is pretty bad at 75% health. I asked Aptronix near my home and they quoted me 4800 for the battery change of the iPhone X.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 15:31   #14668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post

Mods: I have asked on another thread as well (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5305706 (Why I finally moved from Android to an iPhone)), hope this is okay.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Heard and read that paid version of wutsapper works. Planning to switch from an OP6T to the 13. Let me know if it worked for you then i will cement my decision.
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:33   #14669
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same query.
I am thinking of getting it done from cashify.

The iPhone Thread-prices.png
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-capture1.png  

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 3rd May 2022 at 11:44.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:48   #14670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
I have the same query.
I am thinking of getting it done from cashify.

Attachment 2303584

Hi, do share your experience after getting it changed from Cashify. I am also thinking of changing my iPhone XR battery from Cashify.
speedfreak01 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks