Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2009, 17:33   #1456
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
In touch interface alone. Ain't it?

In everything else, rest has a big upper hand technologically over the iPhone.

what upperhand are u talking about, plz explain.

How can u subjectively say , rest has an upper hand on iphone.

Please define what is "rest" according to you.

Pitch any phone against iphone and lets compare advantages v/s disadvantages.

I have used a lot of phones from all paltforms, and hence commenting on this topic.

Are you currently using an iphone or have you used one before.

Old 26th March 2009, 17:37   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri_cap View Post
Agree with you.
however you also need to take notice of the fact that Iphone and its OS have created a revolution.

Its an interface par excelence. No other phone or OS can match.

All others just aspire to be there, but none of them really can.

See the amount of touchscreen phones that have hit the market from other manufacturers after the lauch of iphone.
No commenti.

Old 26th March 2009, 18:49   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Things to check, have you done a recent software installation which could be causing this. If yes, then remove that software rightaway.

Try reset settings also.

If still no resolve, then erase data and restore, and if still does not work, then you would have to restore the phone completely.

Have been through this, and these things have worked for me.
Sorry dear, I was not able to do anything in my phone it was just hung, nothing else. Even its not allowing me to restore in crack way. It was doing as default in itune. Now what I did

1. Drained whole battery. As it is not going in sleep mode, I keep it that way so thatbattery goes off over night.
2. Charge again in morning and it was working fine without restoring.
Old 26th March 2009, 19:13   #1459
BANNED

Ma god!

Quote:
what upperhand are u talking about, plz explain.

How can u subjectively say , rest has an upper hand on iphone.

Please define what is "rest" according to you.

Pitch any phone against iphone and lets compare advantages v/s disadvantages.

I have used a lot of phones from all paltforms, and hence commenting on this topic.

Are you currently using an iphone or have you used one before.

Sir! I really didn't know you'd get worked up so much. It was just my thought that I put forward and not to offend you or irritate you. Sincerely Sorry!

Regarding the iPhone;
Let's not get into a comparison report with the rest (Nokia, Ericsson, Blackberry, HTC, others etc..). Until it gets the promised 3.0 OS update, I don't even consider it to be a proper smart phone/camera phone/proper communication device. I consider it to be just another version of iPod with some phone and some communication features.
I have not owned an iPhone yet (and will not, in it's current form) but have spend enough time with it and owned many others to pass this judgement for myself. It's not at all necessary that everybody accepts or buys my opinion!
Old 26th March 2009, 23:57   #1460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Let's not get into a comparison report with the rest (Nokia, Ericsson, Blackberry, HTC, others etc..). Until it gets the promised 3.0 OS update, I don't even consider it to be a proper smart phone/camera phone/proper communication device. I consider it to be just another version of iPod with some phone and some communication features.
Ive been using this "iPod with communication assistance" since the midnight it was launched in India, and you are very wrong with this statement. It is one of the better communication device with voice, email, IM and browsing capabilities integrated into one. I watched and occasionally played with 2G phone for close to an year before i picked up 3G. OS 2 is when the race for apple really started with the outside world and its just 8 months since then, for that matter their experience with phones is only 2 years (commercial selling).

The OS is rock solid, whatever they have implemented in this short time has been close to perfect. Am not kidding, for the records i had 2 freezes in these 8 months of day in day out usage (a bug i have identified and plan to report).

Remember this is the youngest mobile OS after Android. And if you really look deep, both are generation apart from the stuff that Symbian, Microsoft and RIM offers. iPhone has a focussed approach thanks to apple and has lots of business backing, Android development community somehow lack the commercial back up. But as far as i have understood, we need to watch out for both these platforms in the future. Big time!

Critics will say apple boys are raving about silly stuff like copy paste (heavens sake its pasted all over internet!) but reality is: Win Mob is still plagued with memory leak and needs a restart every other day!!! Symbian has saturated couple of year back and doest know how to take the next big leap!!! RIM is just stuck record with BIS service!!!

apple on the other hand has Oracle apps as well as electronic flutes running on them. Check the 3.0 launch video and understand where they are taking us and our hard earned cash

enuf of rant
Old 27th March 2009, 05:38   #1461
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
enuf of rant
Eggjaaklee, Jaggu. To each, his own. LOL!
But after reading your posts here and looking into, I'm sometimes tempted to own one of this fancy toy gadget. I'm holding back till I get to experience the 3.0!
Old 27th March 2009, 12:26   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The OS is rock solid, whatever they have implemented in this short time has been close to perfect. Am not kidding, for the records i had 2 freezes in these 8 months of day in day out usage (a bug i have identified and plan to report).
In my 3+ years of ownership of N70 i have not had more than 1 freeze and that too because i was trying to get Ngage games working on the phone replacing XML files etc.

Freezing of phone depends upon usage rather than OS is what i believe. My cousin used to have Nokia 6600 and he use to crib about how the phone hangs after every 4 hours. I took the phone from him used it for more than a week no hangs whatsoever.

I have used iPhone for more than 1 week (yes i was inclined on buying it) but could never get the hang of it. The screen is absolute beauty in iPhone. The touch is over rated. I don't find the touch experience out of the ordinary. GPS works good. Very fast USB connection + Sync. Good battery Life.

Those were some of the qualities i liked about iPhone excluding the touch experience. Now there are alot of things that iPhone is missing but i will not go there.

Overall its a good phone but i would stick to Nokia unless they start giving a slider qwerty keypad.

P.S. I am not a die hard Nokia Fan. And the above is what i feel about iPhone. If i had 36K I would anyday buy E90 or E97 (if it falls in the same price bracket)
Old 27th March 2009, 13:51   #1463
Senior - BHPian

I have owned a 2G iPhone for the last 14 odd months. The copy and paste plus the sms forward thingy have been solved. And the only thing I really wish it had is a better camera. The camera on this is absolutely pathetic - worser than the one on the 6600 I used to own about 5 years back!

But for that, I have not felt the need to even investigate the new models available in over a year - and thats saying a lot!
Old 28th March 2009, 01:04   #1464
BHPian

I haven't been able to be online the last couple of days, and suddenly I see this thread is now kicking up a storm even before the 3.0 is out. many For and many Against and many many more Waiting!
Old 28th March 2009, 05:30   #1465
BANNED

The exciting thing about the iPhone is that all the MANY FOR and MANY AGAINST are waiting with eyes wide open for the 3.0 OS to be released.
Talk about charm and aura!
Old 28th March 2009, 12:55   #1466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The exciting thing about the iPhone is that all the MANY FOR and MANY AGAINST are waiting with eyes wide open for the 3.0 OS to be released.
Talk about charm and aura!
OT: Thats what Apple products are all about My lil nephew has suddenly become an apple fan, wants unibody for himself when he grows up. Wonder how a visit to Apple showroom do this to a 12 year old. Though am completely backing him on this one!
Old 28th March 2009, 13:08   #1467
BHPian

Quote:
OT:Wonder how a visit to Apple showroom do this to a 12 year old. Though am completely backing him on this one!
it'll make his eyes pop out, and all the while on his ride back home, he'll be contemplating stealing LOL
Old 28th March 2009, 13:10   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Thats what Apple products are all about My lil nephew has suddenly become an apple fan, wants unibody for himself when he grows up. Wonder how a visit to Apple showroom do this to a 12 year old. Though am completely backing him on this one!
My 4 yr son is using iphone from day of its launch in US. And believe me he uses that and handle it perfectly. No other phone he even dare to touch like this.
Old 28th March 2009, 15:50   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
My 4 yr son is using iphone from day of its launch in US. And believe me he uses that and handle it perfectly. No other phone he even dare to touch like this.
Indeed, and I have seen a cousin's son doing the same. He knows how to open and close his favorite game, browse through photos and even answer a call. And all this from a 4 year old is awesome. The only reason I like apple is for their innovation. They don't reduce the prices just to get the better share of market, and also they don't try and make so many models of the same thing (like Nokia etc.), that people get confused! And even with iPhone, I really appreciating them doing a very graceful job of integrating three of five senses (touch, vision and sound) with technology. There have been touch phones before but they all had stylus and not a direct touch. I think thats what made the difference.

Coming to the stability of the OS, it has been one of the best after my Treo 650. Had an O2 Xda II three years back and had to restart it atleast once a day.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:42   #1470
capri_cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Sorry dear, I was not able to do anything in my phone it was just hung, nothing else. Even its not allowing me to restore in crack way. It was doing as default in itune. Now what I did

1. Drained whole battery. As it is not going in sleep mode, I keep it that way so thatbattery goes off over night.
2. Charge again in morning and it was working fine without restoring.

Its good that you have finally managed to resolved the problem.
Enjoy your iphone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks