Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 08:57   #3001
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread !!! Update: iOS 4.3.3 out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I loved the iPhone, but hate Apple policies.
I am not fan of Apple policies too. But heck, iPhone sale is going to hit $50 billion this year and why will Apple change its policies
Who in their right mind in 2007 would have thought just the sale of single model of this phone would touch $50 billion in 3 years !

Something interesting - just using the front camera
Old 21st April 2011, 09:12   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
Is anyone having trouble accessing the app store after upgrading to iOS 4.3.2? I am able to view updates for the apps installed on my phone, but when I click on "Upgrade", it attempts to upgrade - but does nothing.

Also, when I try to "View my apple ID", that doesn't do anything either.
Never faced this issue. Try turning your data connection/WiFi off and then turn it on. If this doesn't work, restart the phone and check.
Old 21st April 2011, 11:46   #3003
BHPian

Buckle up guys. Apple will begin production of the iPhone 5 in July for a September release. Same design but with the A5 proccy from iPad 2.
Old 21st April 2011, 17:59   #3004
BHPian

hi guys.
I have a problem with my Iphone 3gs. It runs on IOS 4.2.1 and BB FW of 6.15.

The Edge connection is ON always, but sometimes, it just does not work. However, i just switch OFF and ON EDGE (Cellular Data on the Iphone Menu) and it gets a new IP Address and works fine. THis goes on for a couple of hours. I hardly use it during office hours, but once in a while when i try, it sometimes works and soemtimes does not.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am having Airtel Connection + Mobile Office But no 3G.

I am not sure if the problem is with Airtel or IPhone. Airtel suggested some settings, but they are not helping. Anyone else having same problem?
Old 21st April 2011, 22:17   #3005
BHPian

I face this issue with my wifi. On/Off fixes it. I keep my Edge and 3G off, so no clue on it. I am too on Airtel for 3G/Edge/Wifi

Last edited by dre@ms : 21st April 2011 at 22:19.
Old 21st April 2011, 22:33   #3006
Senior - BHPian

And i have this issue with my 3G connection!! With every update i hope Apple would have fixed it, but the problem still remains.
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:13   #3007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
Is anyone having trouble accessing the app store after upgrading to iOS 4.3.2? I am able to view updates for the apps installed on my phone, but when I click on "Upgrade", it attempts to upgrade - but does nothing.

Also, when I try to "View my apple ID", that doesn't do anything either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Never faced this issue. Try turning your data connection/WiFi off and then turn it on. If this doesn't work, restart the phone and check.
I've tried this, but it doesnt seem to have helped. I am able to download and install new apps. Also, at the moment is says that there are 8 upgrades to my existing apps, but when I hit 'updates' on the app store it doesn't bring up anything.
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:47   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi guys.
I have a problem with my Iphone 3gs. It runs on IOS 4.2.1 and BB FW of 6.15.

The Edge connection is ON always, but sometimes, it just does not work. However, i just switch OFF and ON EDGE (Cellular Data on the Iphone Menu) and it gets a new IP Address and works fine. THis goes on for a couple of hours. I hardly use it during office hours, but once in a while when i try, it sometimes works and soemtimes does not.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am having Airtel Connection + Mobile Office But no 3G.

I am not sure if the problem is with Airtel or IPhone. Airtel suggested some settings, but they are not helping. Anyone else having same problem?
I face the same issue on my iPhone 4 but less frequently. I would say about once in a week or so. I always leave the Edge connection on. I tried checking with Vodafone but they were least helpful. They tried to sell me the iPhone specific data plan. I am using Vodafone Mobile Connect (VMC). I have spoken to some more iPhone and Blackberry users and everyone seems to have faced this issue sometime or the the other be it the phone specific plan or just VMC. I am referring only to Vodafone users in Mumbai.

Since others have also faced this problem, it could very well be a bug with iOS which hopefully will be fixed in future updates.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 22nd April 2011 at 09:50.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:44   #3009
Distinguished - BHPian

This network issue is due to the sim. My sim was 5 years old. They changed the sim and this edge problem got solved. Suggest you guys do the same.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:48   #3010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
This network issue is due to the sim. My sim was 5 years old. They changed the sim and this edge problem got solved. Suggest you guys do the same.
Are you sure? The SIM I am using is barely 2 months old. I got a micro-SIM from Vodafone and didn't resort to cutting the old regular SIM.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:52   #3011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure? The SIM I am using is barely 2 months old. I got a micro-SIM from Vodafone and didn't resort to cutting the old regular SIM.
I'm using the 3GS and it solved mine and a couple of friend's issues. No idea about the microsim in the iPhone4.

4.2.1 had many inherent issues. Why don't you upgrade the software on your phone?

EDIT:

Another thing you can try is:

1. Reset phone - press both home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears. Then got to step 2
2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 22nd April 2011 at 10:58. Reason: see edit
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:03   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I'm using the 3GS and it solved mine and a couple of friend's issues. No idea about the microsim in the iPhone4.

4.2.1 had many inherent issues. Why don't you upgrade the software on your phone?

EDIT:

Another thing you can try is:

1. Reset phone - press both home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears. Then got to step 2
2. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
I am already on 4.3.2. The problem is very rare; so its not really bothering me.

If the 2 steps you mentioned are followed, would I lose any data on the phone?
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:16   #3013
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am already on 4.3.2. The problem is very rare; so its not really bothering me.

If the 2 steps you mentioned are followed, would I lose any data on the phone?
No you won't loose data.

However, i always do a sync and backup before i fiddle with my phone. Better safe than sorry.

Let's us know if this works for you.
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:46   #3014
BHPian

a relative of mine stays in the US. I am thinking of asking him to send one iPhone 3G for me. Could you guys please help me clarify a few doubts i have:

1) Can a US bought iPhone be unlocked anywhere in India(delhi). Is here any risk involved such as the iPhone getting blocked by Apple etc etc

2) What are the various ways through which the phone can be bought in US. with a connection i know the phone comes quite cheap but will it be a problem for the one in US who will buy the phone with a connection and then send it to me here in delhi coz the connection will be in his name.

3) I have heard that the size of the sim slots in iPhone doesnt match with the SIMS here in India(Specially BSNL). Is it true?

4) any other way through which an iPhone can be bought in US to be sent to India
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:02   #3015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmax View Post
a relative of mine stays in the US. I am thinking of asking him to send one iPhone 3G for me.
Why 3G? why not iPhone 4?

Quote:
1) Can a US bought iPhone be unlocked anywhere in India(delhi).
Yes
Quote:
Is here any risk involved such as the iPhone getting blocked by Apple etc etc
No. Just do not upgrade the software till an unlock is not released.

Quote:
3) I have heard that the size of the sim slots in iPhone doesnt match with the SIMS here in India(Specially BSNL). Is it true?
BSNL will give a microsim. But the iPhone 3G uses a regular sim.

Quote:
4) any other way through which an iPhone can be bought in US to be sent to India
No idea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks