Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2011, 13:34   #3031
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread !!! Update: iOS 4.3.3 out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
has anyone tried buying iPhone 4 - factory unlocked at about 35ks

eBay India: BRAND NEW APPLE IPHONE 4 16GB FACTORY UNLOCKED BOX PACK (item 280655617297 end time 06-May-2011 13:39:43 IST)

if yes - what are the pros and cons?
That is a good deal IMO. This seller seems to be reputed (more ratings) and is a Power Seller. A colleague of mine bought the iPhone 4 through ebay for 35K few weeks ago. I bought mine couple of months ago also thru ebay but at a much higher price .

Last edited by fuel_addict : 28th April 2011 at 13:36.
Old 28th April 2011, 13:44   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
has anyone tried buying iPhone 4 - factory unlocked at about 35ks

eBay India: BRAND NEW APPLE IPHONE 4 16GB FACTORY UNLOCKED BOX PACK (item 280655617297 end time 06-May-2011 13:39:43 IST)

if yes - what are the pros and cons?
Better deal for 31.8k

eBay India: Brand New Apple iPhone 16GB - 4th Gen Factory Unlocked (item 250810488572 end time 04-May-2011 08:00:00 IST)

There are coupons available if you are a ebay member.. Rs. 250 Off

For HDFC Card Members, 5% Off

Also a gift from ebay for purchases above 5k

Last edited by CRV2010 : 28th April 2011 at 13:45.
Old 28th April 2011, 13:52   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Is the personal-hotspot supposed to work with all operators? Works on my iphone, but not on my sister's.

Anyone know if it'll work with Airtel or Vodafone (3G)?

Did you install any software to overwrite the APN settings? Something like from unlockit.co.nz? This would supress the Personal Hotspot settings if you change APN settings.
Old 28th April 2011, 14:13   #3034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
It doesn't work at least in my phone on Airtel 3G here in Bangalore but its works without any issues on DoCoMo 3G
Hmm. aks_karthik has it working on his Airtel connection! Thanks for the reply though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Yes, it does work with Vodafone. Again, I can't logically understand why this should be operator specific. I thought all operators allow internet tethering. I have heard AT&T charging a fee for this feature in the US.
I'm inclined to get a Vodafone 3G connection and I absolutely need the personal hotspot to work! Sounds like some operators haven't 'enabled' tethering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I am having Airtel 3G, Chennai and Personal Hotspot is working like a Charm.
Even i used it in Vijayawada and B'lore with my Laptop.
Sometimes i got 8Mbps downloading and 3 Mbps uploading speed.
I am very much enjoying the technology.
Thanks for the reply! I'd be using it in Chennai mainly so good to know it works with Airtel.

Slightly OT: Anyone know which 3G operator in Chennai has best connectivity around the city? Especially the southern parts, ie Indra Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur and further down ECR like Palavakkam and Neelankarai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Did you install any software to overwrite the APN settings? Something like from unlockit.co.nz? This would supress the Personal Hotspot settings if you change APN settings.
Nope! Running completely stock. I can check to see if the APN settings were accidentally changed.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:25   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Better deal for 31.8k

eBay India: Brand New Apple iPhone 16GB - 4th Gen Factory Unlocked (item 250810488572 end time 04-May-2011 08:00:00 IST)

There are coupons available if you are a ebay member.. Rs. 250 Off

For HDFC Card Members, 5% Off

Also a gift from ebay for purchases above 5k
Seems to be a very good deal and lucky the shipper is from Chennai and no shipping charges. I am now ready to sell my 3GS for 25k
Old 28th April 2011, 23:47   #3036
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
I have factory unlocked iphone 4, running on Vodafone. I use VMC 299 after having changed APN settings using software from unlockit.co.nz. I use the Personal Hotspot feature only to access data on my laptop when out of office/home. Else i am always on Wi-Fi. However, though it works fine within Mumbai, the Personal Hotspot feature completely vanishes from the Settings page when i am roaming out of the city. What is strange is that it works sometimes on roaming too (like 5% of times!) I have noticed this during regular trips to Pune and a Delhi trip last week. All this even when roaming on Vodafone.
I tried asking Vodafone but they wont help just because iphone4 is not officially in India. All he said was internet tethering on VMC works on roaming only if you are on Vodafone network. Heck! It doesn't work on my ip4.
Any clues?
Old 29th April 2011, 15:24   #3037
BHPian

Hello all,

Wanted to know if anyone using GEVEY unlock for your I phone 4? Please provide a small review about the same along with few suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 29th April 2011, 16:45   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Hello all,

Wanted to know if anyone using GEVEY unlock for your I phone 4? Please provide a small review about the same along with few suggestions.

Thanks.
I have a friend who has been able to unlock his phone with the Gevey SIM.
If there is any particular question to ask let me know. I guess there are several websites that say exactly how to unlock, but if there is any specific question, please PM me.
Old 29th April 2011, 20:16   #3039
BHPian

Welcome to the Apple Store - Apple Store (HongKong)

One stop shop for factory unlocked Apple Iphone Black/White 4. It costs HK$ 4988 for 16gb 4 which roughly translates to Rs 28,000. That is only if you can go to HK or ask somebody to buy it for you.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th May 2011 at 21:50. Reason: Please post the sale in classifieds section. Thanks
Old 29th April 2011, 21:55   #3040
Senior - BHPian

Is the India launch around, prices seems to be dropping. Any news?
Old 1st May 2011, 02:44   #3041
Awaiting Email Confirmation

iPhone 4 launched in White! I still prefer my black
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:39   #3042
Senior - BHPian

Hello Members,

I see that we don't have any post in the forum for iPod Touch, so I'm posting in this thread of iPhone 4, which is the device closest to the iPod touch. I hope you members can help me.

I've ordered an Apple iPod touch from US and I'll be receiving it in about 15 days. It's a legit purchase with invoice and warranty. I have confirmed with Apple that the purchase can be registered here and also be supported/take extended warranty [APP].

What I wanted to understand, is how to purchase/download games on the iPod touch? I've heard that the fame'd AppStore cannot be accessed from India [not sure if what I've heard is wrong]. If this is the case, how can I get games onto the device. I'm new to the new Apple products [I have the older 80gb classic ipod], so I'm not familiar with the terms like jail brake, etc.

This is a gift for my wife and she'll be away for a short while, so I want to load some nice games and give it to her. I've used a friend's 2nd Gen iPod and the games on them are very cool. Thus the interest in games.

I appreciate your help with the education. It will help me, so thanks in advance.

Cheers
ajay K
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:29   #3043
Team-BHP Support

iTunes store for apps is very much accessible and working in India. Just create an account with Indian credit card for paid apps.
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:25   #3044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
iTunes store for apps is very much accessible and working in India. Just create an account with Indian credit card for paid apps.
Cool, that's nice. Thanks Jaggu for confirming.

Once I get the device, I'll try the above. Might come back for any help as it'd be the first time I'll be using iTunes for purchase. Thanks again.

ajay K
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:05   #3045
Senior - BHPian

itunes apps can be downloaded from India. As Jaggu said, get it verified by Indian Credit card.

You will get access to apps which are for India. Some of the apps which are for US Or any other country (ONLY) are not accessible to accounts created in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks