Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2012, 22:31   #4321
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread : small points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

Re. point i. the calculator icon is not showing despite switching off and powering on the cell four -five times.

Regards
>>>

Update :
I found subsequently that could not access my gmail also. After some navigating found that I wasn't getting cellular data. Called up Vodafone who guided me to reset the network. Internet access, including gmail is fine. The icon problem seems to have disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared a couple of hours ago.
Regards
Old 18th March 2012, 22:53   #4322
BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Any suggestions for an automatic profiles app? I'm looking for something that would change the ringtone and a couple of other features depending on the time.
Old 19th March 2012, 01:58   #4323
BHPian

People,

I am looking to buy a new iPhone 4S (32GB, White) as a gift. I need it to be with bill and warranty (i.e., repairable within India). Where would I have the best luck getting the lowest price for it? I live in Bangalore, and am comfortable ordering online too, but only on reputed sellers (like Flipkart, etc), but not so much with ebay.in, for example!
Old 19th March 2012, 08:56   #4324
BHPian

^^ Better to buy it from Apple store with bill and warranty which ofcourse you will get from other online stores too !

The prices of iPhone (factory unlocked) would more or less be the same regardless where you buy it from.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:02   #4325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Any suggestions for an automatic profiles app? I'm looking for something that would change the ringtone and a couple of other features depending on the time.
Jail break your phone, then install "iScheduler cracked" from Cydia, repo is SiNfuL iPhone Repo.

Last edited by nkg77 : 19th March 2012 at 09:03.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:59   #4326
BHPian

Guys! What are the advantages of Jail Breaking apart from the Price?

I heard, the Processor Speed & Memory get reduced.

In US, it has to be Jail broken, because of the Contract issue. But in India, there is no Subsidy or Contract - Still some people jailbreak?
Old 19th March 2012, 11:03   #4327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91
People,

I am looking to buy a new iPhone 4S (32GB, White) as a gift. I need it to be with bill and warranty (i.e., repairable within India). Where would I have the best luck getting the lowest price for it? I live in Bangalore, and am comfortable ordering online too, but only on reputed sellers (like Flipkart, etc), but not so much with ebay.in, for example!
Don't look for a discount of few hundreds. The thumb rule for iphone is Country specific warranty. Check out the source in Flipcart?
Old 19th March 2012, 11:11   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
People,

>>>

adroit_91,

I am conservative in my buying preferences. I checked out the Apple Store online for India, got the contact points of the Apple Stores in Bombay, called them up and found that the white for the 4s 64 GB was not freely available and that the price differential was only Rs 200/- which is inconsequential w.r.t the price. I went to the iStore in Inorbit and first made them demo that my music and videos in vlc could be transferred from my laptop to the phone and could be played, before actually putting the cash down.

No problem so far. I guess if you want to gift it you would prefer to avoid embarrassments later!

Regards
Old 19th March 2012, 11:33   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Jail break your phone, then install "iScheduler cracked" from Cydia, repo is SiNfuL iPhone Repo.
Thanks for the reply. Is there any other way without jailbreak? When I had my Android device, I had a profiles app that worked very much fine for me and I was comfortable with the settings that I made with the app. Everything was automatic. It did not drain much of the battery life. I'm wondering why there is no official iPhone app that does this.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:48   #4330
BHPian

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll have to pay through the nose for this one!!
Old 19th March 2012, 13:15   #4331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980

Thanks for the reply. Is there any other way without jailbreak? When I had my Android device, I had a profiles app that worked very much fine for me and I was comfortable with the settings that I made with the app. Everything was automatic. It did not drain much of the battery life. I'm wondering why there is no official iPhone app that does this.
There is no such app in the iTunes store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91
Thanks everyone! I guess I'll have to pay through the nose for this one!!
You wont regret but I have gone back to humble Nokia for all my talking so think the purchase through.
Old 19th March 2012, 13:29   #4332
BHPian

Hi All,

Please pardon the newbie questions

1) I wish to add the recent dialed / recived number as a new contact . How do i do it ?

2) How to delete multiple contact in a single go

Please help.
Old 19th March 2012, 14:11   #4333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi All,

Please pardon the newbie questions

1) I wish to add the recent dialed / recived number as a new contact . How do i do it ?
Two methods

1) Go to recent tab and then click on ">" symbol and you would get options to create a new or append to an exisiting contact.
2) if one presses "CALL" from dialer it would show the last dialed number, then press the icon with human & + symbol (on to left side of call option).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
2) How to delete multiple contact in a single go
Please help.
Deleting mulitple contacts in single go, hmm not possible.
Old 19th March 2012, 15:06   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
have gone back to humble Nokia for all my talking
>>>

Sn1p3r,

Why so? Is it due to better call quality in the Nokia, assuming the network coverage is the same? I seem to experience better call quality with the 4S vis-avis the E71 in a place with terrible coverage.

Regards
Old 19th March 2012, 17:50   #4335
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but... I have an iPhone 4 which, a friend got for me from Australia. Right now, one of the phones loud speakers are not working, and is crackling. I think I have warranty.

So: Will I be able to repair it from Bangalore? Or will I have to pay for the repairs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks