Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 16:54   #4801
Senior - BHPian

re: The iPhone Thread

Thanks Guys. I think you all have best answered my queries. I shall speak to my cousin and see what other options we have if we want to buy it at a best price.

Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:12   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks Guys. I think you all have best answered my queries. I shall speak to my cousin and see what other options we have if we want to buy it at a best price.

Thanks.
If the phone has been used in US for a couple of months and then you can tell the carrier (AT&T for example) that you have been transferred by your employer to India and you would still like to continue using the iPhone there, usually the AT&T CSR will unlock the phone for you. Many of my colleagues have done this successfully. If you have been with the carrier for a few years they will usually oblige.

The main thing is that it shouldn't appear that you have bought the phone expressly for the purpose of taking it outside the country; meaning dont buy the phone and within the next couple of weeks ask them to unlock it.
Old 2nd August 2012, 21:29   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
If the phone has been used in US for a couple of months and then you can tell the carrier (AT&T for example) that you have been transferred by your employer to India and you would still like to continue using the iPhone there, usually the AT&T CSR will unlock the phone for you. Many of my colleagues have done this successfully. If you have been with the carrier for a few years they will usually oblige.

The main thing is that it shouldn't appear that you have bought the phone expressly for the purpose of taking it outside the country; meaning dont buy the phone and within the next couple of weeks ask them to unlock it.

Thanks Shreeps. I'll take note of that.
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:22   #4804
BHPian

Guys urgently need help. As we all know that Aircel is selling Iphone 3GS at just Rs. 9999. I want to know that is this offer available on Prepaid SIM also? Also if I purchase this from Aircel then will I be able to use any other SIM soon after purchasing? Also is the phone unlocked? Please reply ASAP. If its not unlocked then I will ask my cousin to get a Wildfire S from Dubai.
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:43   #4805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys urgently need help. As we all know that Aircel is selling Iphone 3GS at just Rs. 9999. I want to know that is this offer available on Prepaid SIM also? Also if I purchase this from Aircel then will I be able to use any other SIM soon after purchasing? Also is the phone unlocked? Please reply ASAP. If its not unlocked then I will ask my cousin to get a Wildfire S from Dubai.
The phone is unlocked and can be used with any other SIM Card. The option however is not available on Prepaid connections.

Depending upon your circle there is a plan that you need to subscribe to with an Aircel postpaid connection.
Old 3rd August 2012, 21:47   #4806
BHPian

No I dont want any plans from them. Had planned that I will purchase the phone from them and use my BSNL Sim in the phone. Is there any solution to this problem?
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:05   #4807
BHPian

Quote:
No I dont want any plans from them. Had planned that I will purchase the phone from them and use my BSNL Sim in the phone. Is there any solution to this problem?
From what I know, you can buy the phone for Rs 9999 and then you HAVE to buy their 2G/3G offer of Rs 3000, so that means you're spending Rs 12999 for the phone. The phone is unlocked, so you'll be able to use your BSNL sim without any problems. But you will be charged on a monthly basis for the postpaid number (not sure how much the rental is), and after one year the rental becomes 399. Not sure what the commitment period is once the rental becomes Rs 399. One year perhaps?
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:08   #4808
BHPian

Give me one good reason to buy the iPhone 4S instead of Samsung Galaxy S3. I need to place the order tomorrow morning. In fact, S3 has already been ordered but I can still change it. Everybody says that there is no freedom, no Bluetooth with iPhone and you can't buy anything from Google play store either.

I really want to know if people are still buying iPhone after S3 has been launched and why are they still buying iPhone?
Old 3rd August 2012, 22:23   #4809
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Give me one good reason to buy the iPhone 4S instead of Samsung Galaxy S3
Not long time back, I was a Nokia fan boy & iphone wa something I never really liked. Everything changed once I got hold of it. Now I own 3gs, 4 & 4s & an iPad 3. In the meantime, I kept abrest with Android platform with an array of devices coming & going. Apple kept me glued with its superb touch interface, ease of operation, intuitiveness & excellent eco-system. While Android is good but its not the same user-friendliness.

Add to it, 4s build quality, looks are great. I do not find any -ve with the phone apart from the fact that Siri does not understand our English. I too plan to buy S3 but only because I already own 4s. Lets see if 5 comes around in a couple of months, I would be better off waiting.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:10   #4810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Give me one good reason to buy the iPhone 4S instead of Samsung Galaxy S3.
Do you need to be chased by women? Be adored in your circle. Be the coolest one. Be Da Doode. Da Bomb. If so, buy the iphone. See, there is your reason
Old 4th August 2012, 09:53   #4811
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I really want to know if people are still buying iPhone after S3 has been launched and why are they still buying iPhone?
Quite simple, it provides you with what you need from a phone and beyond. Along with that, the overall build quality is superb, and has got one the best touchscreen.

And as TSK mentioned above, some says that it’s pretty cool to have an iPhone
Old 4th August 2012, 10:02   #4812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor
Give me one good reason to buy the iPhone 4S instead of Samsung Galaxy S3.
I would buy an iPhone just because of the Samaung ad. "Designed for humans" what are they trying to say? That the earlier phones were made for donkeys???

Others have already covered most aspects but i'd like to add - other than the brilliant Eco system, snob value, build quality and understated looks, things just work on the iPhone. In close to 2 years I've had it, I've never had a complaint with it really.

Btw, if you have a complaint with the controls Apple puts on the device, you can always JB it.

Ps: post this on an android thread and you'll get a hundred reasons not to buy the iPhone. Both phones are equally good, so it's down to personal choice.

Last edited by vinod332002 : 4th August 2012 at 10:04.
Old 4th August 2012, 11:26   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you wait a month and see the new iPhone that should be out by then and then take a call.
Old 4th August 2012, 17:29   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
I got the iPhone 3gs from Aircel and am using my BSNL SIM in it. I paid Rs.9999 for the phone and Rs.3350 towards the plan. I have been assured by Aircel that there won't be any other charges for the next 12 months. So, no monthly payments for the first year. I have to cancel the Aircel plan by the end of the 12th month to avoid any charges in the second year.
Old 4th August 2012, 17:33   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I got the iPhone 3gs from Aircel and am using my BSNL SIM in it. I paid Rs.9999 for the phone and Rs.3350 towards the plan. I have been assured by Aircel that there won't be any other charges for the next 12 months. So, no monthly payments for the first year. I have to cancel the Aircel plan by the end of the 12th month to avoid any charges in the second year.

Thats a great news but is it compulsory to pay the data charges? And after one year how do we cancel the plan? Hope to hear soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks