Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 20:18   #5806
Team-BHP Support

re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Anybody here used the car dash camera apps? Which are good?
I use https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/driv...443365679?mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My first iPhone 4S issue. Battery life.
===
What can I do to make the phone hold its charge?
Quote:
I am on 6.1.2 and my battery dies very quickly indeed!
What should I do?
Step 1: Kill all apps (multi task window and kill apps), restart phone, connect charger and then switch off the phone and leave it for full charge.

Step 2: Restore the phone using iTunes.

Step last resort: Take it to apple.
Old 28th February 2013, 22:11   #5807
BHPian

Quote:
I am on 6.1.2 and my battery dies very quickly indeed!
Even me facing similar battery issues when i updated from 6.1 to 6.1.2 on my iPhone 4. when i updated from 5.1.1 to 6.1 i was really impressed with battery life. From 100% charge to 99% used to take a very long time (say 20 -30 min) without being on a call or without 3G ON, just browsing on Wifi. Now on 6.1.2 on similar situation, 100% to 99% is within few minutes and with 3G ON full time and 2-3 calls of duration 1 or 2 minutes each in max 3 hours my battery percentage drops to 70%.

BTW i feel we should not complain since apple warned about battery life issues with the release of 6.1.2. This is something to do with calendar issues they fixed because of which phone keeps searching for network which may reduce battery life.
Old 28th February 2013, 22:17   #5808
BHPian

I am experiencing battery drain in my 4s (6.1.2) specifically with whatsapp. Chatting on whatsapp drains the battery by 1% every 3-4 mins over wifi as well as 3G. This issue wasn't present in 6.1.1.
The battery was working perfectly before the upgrade.
Old 28th February 2013, 23:00   #5809
BHPian

Got my iphone 4s (16GB) from ebay last weekend. IOS version is 6.0.1. Not upgrading to 6.1.2 due to the battery issues being reported by users.

Loving every bit of the phone and the IOS interface. Have been a long time Android user having used an SE X10 (an android test mule of some sort) and currently using a GT-6200 tab.
Old 1st March 2013, 23:31   #5810
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Is there a way of going back to iOS 6.1.1?
Old 2nd March 2013, 02:36   #5811
Senior - BHPian

Bit the bullet and updated my iPhone 4 from iOS 5 point something to 6.1.2 - first remarks: everything feels smooth again. Last few weeks have been really choppy and this is a welcome change.

Also downloaded Mailbox. As of now 754,781 people in front of me. This is going to take a while.
Old 2nd March 2013, 07:33   #5812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I have started using this one https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/witn...437813388?mt=8
Old 4th March 2013, 19:01   #5813
BHPian

>>>

I tried searching within this thread using thread tools for a safe and reliable way to convert YouTube files in .flv format (using vlc media player) into a format acceptable to iPhone but drew a blank.

Can the experts guide me to a reliable format converter so that I can save my YouTube files in a format which I can transfer from my (Windows) laptop to the 5?

Thank you & regards
issigonis

P.S. :
I might not have searched the thread thoroughly; so if there is a previous discussion please guide me to it. These are YouTube video files.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:19   #5814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

I tried searching within this thread using thread tools for a safe and reliable way to convert YouTube files in .flv format (using vlc media player) into a format acceptable to iPhone but drew a blank.

Can the experts guide me to a reliable format converter so that I can save my YouTube files in a format which I can transfer from my (Windows) laptop to the 5?

Thank you & regards
issigonis

P.S. :
I might not have searched the thread thoroughly; so if there is a previous discussion please guide me to it. These are YouTube video files.
I used to use "any video converter" to convert videos. you could look it up.
Old 4th March 2013, 20:49   #5815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I have been using "Format Factory" which is an excellent sw and supports all firmats under the Sun.
Old 4th March 2013, 22:25   #5816
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded to 6.1.2 on iPhone 5.
Battery drain rate has now increased:(
Old 4th March 2013, 22:41   #5817
Senior - BHPian

Yup 6.1.3 beta already with developers. Apple going bonkers. :(
Old 6th March 2013, 19:48   #5818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Upgraded to 6.1.2 on iPhone 5.
Battery drain rate has now increased:(

Cycle your battery. Drain it completely dead.. switch it on and off a few times more.. then charge it back up to 100% + 15mins

Should solve the battery drain. I had the same issue on my iPhone 5 after the 6.1.2 upgrade till i cycled it

edit: as a general rule with the iPhones... any unusual battery life should be sorted by cycling the battery charge. Doing so mostly takes care of the problem.. of course there are times when software updates/or other softwares do tend to drain the life faster due to bugs or just bad coding.

The iPhone's battery life is always best on Wifi. 3G sucks a lot and sucks fast.

A small tip: Always actively manage your antennas. The 3 antennas (Wifi/3G/Bluetooth) should be switched on or off as needed. And doing so effectively will give you good performance. I use 3G only when on the road or travelling.. as far as possible i try to have my car charger plugged in when using it. Else I am conscious of my use of 3G.
Home and office are completely wifi 24x7 so i switch over to them as soon as i enter and disable 3G. This system works for me.

Additionally be aware of the frequency you set your email accounts to Push mail. The more often you let it query and push mail for each mail account you set up... it will use battery power. Same goes for IM softwares like Skype / Whatsapp etc. Though generally speaking in my experience with both Skype and Whatsapp.. i havent noticed any major drain issues in isolation with either of them.

Last edited by Vandit : 6th March 2013 at 19:56.
Old 7th March 2013, 20:13   #5819
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded my iPhone 3GS as well to 6.1.2,and the performance is pretty good.
In fact i feel battery life has improved over 5.1.1 it was running on earlier.
Comparing it back to back with iPhone 5,performance is not at all bad for a 3+ year old phone.
Old 7th March 2013, 20:24   #5820
Senior - BHPian

I sold my iPhone 3GS for 7k last week to a colleague. Almost all shops were ready to buy back 3GS for maximum ~4k (best offer was 4.5k from The Mobile Store). So I guess 7K was a OK price for a 2 year old iPhone.

I would have gone for iPhone 5, but somehow I was not entirely satisfied with the iPhone 5 based on reviews and actual usage experience of few of my friends. Also, the at 44k price point, it was a huge deal breaker.
However, all said and done, I hate the look and feel of Google Play Store. iTunes rocks in that matter. Also, somehow, I always feel vulnerable while downloading an App, which i never felt even once when I used to do it on iTunes. Android is just too exposed. Thanks to my current company, I have installed a licensed version of anti-virus which is quite solid and till date has suggested me not to install around 15-20 Apps.

I wanna be back in the Apple world, depending upon the company's plans and implementations over the next one year. I still have an iPod Touch and iPad going strong.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 7th March 2013 at 20:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks