Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You meant NSA i hope
Correct. In hurry didn't see it.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:23   #6182
Team-BHP Support

In the Singapore Apple store online, iPhone 5 is already off the list. They have retained 8GB variant of the 4S.
http://www.apple.com/sg/iphone/compare/

The 5C is not really cheap. The different between 5S and 5C (16 GB) is just SGD 140.
And the price of 16GB 5S is exactly same as the 32GB 5C.
Old 11th September 2013, 19:40   #6183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I personally feel Apple is loosing its capability to innovate. Offering phones in different colors or "finger print" capability or faster processors would not appeal to everyone. I doubt whether anyone would buy an iPhone to play games though that would be a secondary function. The features they're offering are not something new or "out of the box"!
Agree!! Maybe this is why APPL stock tumbled so far today. Analysts know the emerging markets are where Apple needs to score in order to move the needle, and this is just 'business as usual'. In the end these markets are many multiples larger than the US/Japan/EU, and is why Android )& Samsung) are gaining hugely.

The 5C is actually now more expensive in China( 4,488 yuan ~$728), than the 5S in the US. This is about $250 over the sweet spot (~$480) analysts predicted for significant China expansion. Apple is now trailing in 5th place. I expect the 5C pricing in India will be equally unrealistic. Also the promised tie-up with China Mobile didn't materialise today.

The 5S as you indicate is an insipid, uninspired upgrade. Imagine someone who can afford a $850+ phone holding out to play Infinity Blade 3 or using Nike Move to track their calories. Pretty pathetic like 'Passport' or the now forgotten 'Cards'.

And to shaft the iPh5 owners the way they did the iPad3 buyers just last year is quite inane. Suddenly Jony Ive doesn't seem quite as potent without Jobs waiting in the wings.
Old 11th September 2013, 21:22   #6184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post

5c wont be less than 45k and 5s around 50k.

I am wary of this finger print scanning. Considering the way snowden has proved companies like Apple and facebook share user information with NASA, am sure all the fingerprints details will be shared as well.
I came across an article on NDTV's gadget website, which i suppose is headed by Rajiv makhni (the guy from gadget guru). It said that the pricing for the 5C will start from 40-45 k, and the 5S from 50K.

I feel apple should offer a buy back scheme for older iPhones
Just like Samsung did for the Galaxy series.
This not only would keep the sales high, but also keep previous generation iphone owners like me happy.

Or How about a contract, just like in the US ?

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 11th September 2013 at 21:27.
Old 11th September 2013, 22:09   #6185
BHPian

"There are some customers we choose not to serve."

Steve Jobs at an investor meeting when asked why they don't compete in the Netbook segment.

There is a difference between being "cheaper" and "cheap"

Luxury brands like Apple cannot participate in the mass market without diluting the brand.

I think apple flatters Nokia by copying their design philosophy .Colours are in!
Old 11th September 2013, 22:22   #6186
Distinguished - BHPian

Feel delighted I bought the iPhone 5 a few months ago instead of waiting for the 5S. With the INR tumbling, the 5C will cost almost as much as the 5, and will also show that you are too "C"heap to buy the 5S
Old 11th September 2013, 22:28   #6187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
So why did Apple go to all this trouble to release a new iPhone5C, when they could have carried on selling the 5?
Even when people are penniless, they aren't happy with buying an outdated product. Now that the iPhone 5S has been launched, people don't want to go to a store and buy an iPhone 5 only because it is $100 cheaper. However, with Apple offering a NEW budget model will compel them to buy the cheaper iPhone if they don't have the budget for the iPhone 5S.

Also, for people opting for the carrier contract, an iPhone 5C costs half as much as the iPhone 5S at only $99!
Old 11th September 2013, 23:51   #6188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggy View Post

And to shaft the iPh5 owners the way they did the iPad3 buyers just last year is quite inane. Suddenly Jony Ive doesn't seem quite as potent without Jobs waiting in the wings.
next year they will launch the Iphone 6 and Iphone 5CS and shaft support for the 5
just Kidding btw
Old 12th September 2013, 08:18   #6189
BHPian

there was an article in TOI yesterday about the I phone being launched for 100 USD

Can someone please confirm
Old 12th September 2013, 08:20   #6190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
there was an article in TOI yesterday about the I phone being launched for 100 USD

Can someone please confirm
That's the US pricing for a locked iPhone under contract.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:04   #6191
BHPian

Guys just wanted to know that if I purchase a locked Iphone 5 from USA will it be able to work in India after unlocking? And is it actually possible to unlock an Iphone by jailbreaking? Has anyember done this thing? Please help.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:08   #6192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys just wanted to know that if I purchase a locked Iphone 5 from USA will it be able to work in India after unlocking? And is it actually possible to unlock an Iphone by jailbreaking? Has anyember done this thing? Please help.
If you pay full price, they will unlock it for you! where do you plan on buying it from?
Old 12th September 2013, 09:11   #6193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
If you pay full price, they will unlock it for you! where do you plan on buying it from?
I was thinking of purchasing a locked Iphone 5 from USA as one of my friends lives there. And after I receive it I can get it unlocked locally by someone by jailbreaking it. Is it possible to do so?
Old 12th September 2013, 09:13   #6194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
I was thinking of purchasing a locked Iphone 5 from USA as one of my friends lives there. And after I receive it I can get it unlocked locally by someone by jailbreaking it. Is it possible to do so?
No no i meant where in USA are you buying it from? If AT&T or Tmobile they will unlock the phone for you! otherwise just get an unlock from Ebay, cost $5 at the most and its permanent. i have it done it myself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Permane...item3a84ae3626

Last edited by Diamond_dawg : 12th September 2013 at 09:15.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:42   #6195
BHPian

TOI today published that iPhone 5c would cost around 40k in India... Launching at $549 for 16gb.

So much so for a "cheap" iPhone. Glad that people are sticking to iPhone 5 until stocks last.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks