Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 09:22   #6466
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
My iPhone5 with 7.0.2 is not able to switch off. The battery charge is always showing at 54%.
Wow. I would like my phone battery ever stuck in 54%. No need to re-charge
Old 20th October 2013, 21:18   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Hi! What you have done (power+home+volume up) is safe boot. This is generally done to uninstall tweaks and apps causing issue in a jailbroken iphone.
Thanks dear...!! Mine is not a jail broken one..!
I never know that such a combination exists..!!
Old 20th October 2013, 21:32   #6468
Senior - BHPian

iOS 7 completely ruined my iPhone 4 and Apple has blocked all means to legally revert to 6.1.3. i mean, if they would have obviously known in their testing that iOS 7 would not work on iP4 seamlessly, then why allow that upgrade on that device in the first place!?! also, after knowingly allowing iP4 users to upgrade to iOS 7 (and figuring out themselves that it don't work), why let them now revert to a OS that freaking works!

i think Tim Cook has a great plan to take the company to its grave! all the best!

Apple just lost a customer! that's it! i'm done with Apple!
Old 20th October 2013, 21:45   #6469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
iOS 7 completely ruined my iPhone 4 and Apple has blocked all means to legally revert to 6.1.3. i mean, if they would have obviously known in their testing that iOS 7 would not work on iP4 seamlessly, then why allow that upgrade on that device in the first place!?! also, after knowingly allowing iP4 users to upgrade to iOS 7 (and figuring out themselves that it don't work), why let them now revert to a OS that freaking works!

i think Tim Cook has a great plan to take the company to its grave! all the best!

Apple just lost a customer! that's it! i'm done with Apple!
Planned obsolescence is your answer. You shouldn't have rushed to update to iOS 7. I had faced a similar situation with the 3G and iOS 4.

By your anger I can tell you weren't jailbroken on iOS 6 and therefore dont have the SHSH blobs?
Old 20th October 2013, 22:38   #6470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Planned obsolescence is your answer. You shouldn't have rushed to update to iOS 7. I had faced a similar situation with the 3G and iOS 4.

By your anger I can tell you weren't jailbroken on iOS 6 and therefore dont have the SHSH blobs?
You assume correct. I've upgraded/ downgraded iOS before, however in this case Apple has stopped signing older iOS versions!

If they think this will force people to upgrade to newer iDevices, they've another thing coming for them
Old 21st October 2013, 07:24   #6471
Team-BHP Support

Hawk, what sort of troubles are you having with the phone post the update?
Old 21st October 2013, 10:01   #6472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hawk, what sort of troubles are you having with the phone post the update?
Well, to make a long story short, everything that used to work perfectly in iOS 6.1.3 now works 5-10 times slower. When using the virtual keyboard, I can type a whole sentence and go have tea before the words show up! And apps, don't get me started on them!
Old 21st October 2013, 10:47   #6473
BHPian

Quote:
Well, to make a long story short, everything that used to work perfectly in iOS 6.1.3 now works 5-10 times slower. When using the virtual keyboard, I can type a whole sentence and go have tea before the words show up! And apps, don't get me started on them!
Force close apps that you don't need. Use BatterySaver to allocate memory. I upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to iOS7, though it is a bit slower than on iOS 6, it is not as bad as what you are describing.

Check if you have too much of "Others", I don't don't know if that contributes to the phone's performance (my wife's phone has about 10 GB I restored the phone and now it is around 700 MB).
Old 21st October 2013, 11:03   #6474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Force close apps that you don't need. Use BatterySaver to allocate memory. I upgraded my wife's iPhone 4 to iOS7, though it is a bit slower than on iOS 6, it is not as bad as what you are describing.

Check if you have too much of "Others", I don't don't know if that contributes to the phone's performance (my wife's phone has about 10 GB I restored the phone and now it is around 700 MB).
been there, done that mate. in fact, i've completely reset the phone twice, but there is no difference. i switch of wifi and bluetooth when i'm not using them; close apps after i'm done with them, cleared all pictures and videos (and unwanted apps; have about 10GB free on my 16GB phone) - shutdown, rebooted - everything expect smashing it against the wall

edit: installed Battery Saver; let's see if it makes any difference.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 21st October 2013 at 11:06.
Old 21st October 2013, 14:49   #6475
BHPian

Quote:
been there, done that mate. in fact, i've completely reset the phone twice, but there is no difference. i switch of wifi and bluetooth when i'm not using them; close apps after i'm done with them, cleared all pictures and videos (and unwanted apps; have about 10GB free on my 16GB phone) - shutdown, rebooted - everything expect smashing it against the wall

edit: installed Battery Saver; let's see if it makes any difference.
Please disable documents and data under iCloud in settings and reboot. This speeds up iPhone to some extent.
Old 21st October 2013, 14:52   #6476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Please disable documents and data under iCloud in settings and reboot. This speeds up iPhone to some extent.
done that too; no noticeable change to report.
Old 21st October 2013, 17:47   #6477

I have a Iphone 4s. I have not yet updated to iOS 7. Reading some of the posts here makes my mind debate whether I should do it or not. Any 4s users who upgraded to iOS7 and feeling issues like lags, apps getting crashed etc ., ?
Old 21st October 2013, 19:01   #6478
BHPian

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...tall-download/

If this goes through, we should be able to downgrade
Old 21st October 2013, 19:26   #6479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electraboy View Post
I have a Iphone 4s. I have not yet updated to iOS 7. Reading some of the posts here makes my mind debate whether I should do it or not. Any 4s users who upgraded to iOS7 and feeling issues like lags, apps getting crashed etc ., ?
On devices with A5 processor onwards one cannot downgrade even if they've the SSH and blobs. Currently it's only possible on iPhone 4, which has the A4 processor.

So really think before you take the leap.
Old 22nd October 2013, 18:11   #6480
Team-BHP Support

Hawk, have you tried the restore as new phone, and then the restore backup?
Also, you can try this option :

Backup data to itunes, then go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all content and settings. Then setup as new iPhone, connect to iTunes and do a restore from backup.

Have been told this should help improve the performance, Do try and let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks