Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:15   #6496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
I have os7 on iphone 5. At home I am having to add my wifi network manually every time in spite of ask to join networks not being engaged

Any suggestions on what I need to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I don't have problem with home network, but in office network it would always ask for the password in iOS 6.1.3, which I found annoying. In iOS 7 however I found that it still asks me, but saves the password (I don't have to type it again) so I've to just click Proceed to join the network.
I use 3G and two different WiFi networks frequently changing between them and the phone has never asked to join, it does it automatically when the WiFi is in range. Sometime back due to a router problem, we did face this issue when devices wouldn't get connected to the WiFi but it was solved after the router was refreshed.

Another observation, my WiFi network gets connected for 3 hrs secured sessions. Earlier when I used to switch between networks, the earlier session used to expire and I had to re-login after coming back. Now the old session resumes after I re-join the old network. I may be wrong but I felt it was due to iOS7.

Last edited by ashis89 : 23rd October 2013 at 11:28.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:28   #6497
BHPian

Quote:
done that too; no noticeable change to report.
Hi IronH4WK,

iOS 7.0.3 is out, upgrade and turn on reduce motion, it completely turns off the animations, making the Iphone 4 a little bit faster & smoother to operate.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:57   #6498
BHPian

Issue I am facing is with the iPhone 4S, the WIFI on/off button is grayed out, I have tried out restore network setting and also restored the phone but nothing worked out.

Need suggestions on what more should I be doing, else I will take it to a service center :(
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:27   #6499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerlover View Post
Hi IronH4WK,

iOS 7.0.3 is out, upgrade and turn on reduce motion, it completely turns off the animations, making the Iphone 4 a little bit faster & smoother to operate.
updated, but don't see any difference yet. will observe and report.

another thing that i had forgotten to mention was that i'm having intermittent issues with Bluetooth. i use Jabra Extreme (has A2DP) and since iOS 7 i've noticed that when i'm streaming videos from a website or YouTube, randomly in between the video will pause and the audio will transfer to the phone's speaker when you resume. this despite the Jabra Extreme's showing as Connected. this happens randomly and not always.

when driving, i connect my iPhone to my car HU too, but have not experienced any sort of disconnection.

anybody else face this issue?
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:07   #6500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Issue I am facing is with the iPhone 4S, the WIFI on/off button is grayed out, I have tried out restore network setting and also restored the phone but nothing worked out.

Need suggestions on what more should I be doing, else I will take it to a service center :(
Did you do a restore as new or restore from backup? Restore from new is what you should be doing. Check after this if the wifi is still greyed out.

This is a rather common issue with the 4S. If the option remains greyed out even after restore as new, then its a hardware issue, and phone will need to be replaced.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:12   #6501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Did you do a restore as new or restore from backup? Restore from new is what you should be doing. Check after this if the wifi is still greyed out.

This is a rather common issue with the 4S. If the option remains greyed out even after restore as new, then its a hardware issue, and phone will need to be replaced.
I don't remember the restore I have done, will try Restore from New and see if it solves the issue.
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:09   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
There is no official way in which you can downgrade the iOS version to iOS6. Also, IMHO at some point in time you would realize that no support is available for apps as well as issues you face on the previous iOS.

If its just look n feel, i would suggest you get used to the new one. Its more hasslefree than trying to downgrade and then future maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Nausea and Motion sickness has been widely reported with the new OS all over the world as the OP says. I don't think it is something you can get used to.
@ benbsb29 - no way anyone can get used to this kind of interface.

@carboy - yes , i agree, it is irritating quite a lot

I am upgrading to 7.0.3 and will check if it gives the option to turn off this item.
Old 24th October 2013, 03:38   #6503
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
@ benbsb29 - no way anyone can get used to this kind of interface.

@carboy - yes , i agree, it is irritating quite a lot

I am upgrading to 7.0.3 and will check if it gives the option to turn off this item.
The option to turn off the motion effect was always there, right from iOS 7.0.
Old 24th October 2013, 04:43   #6504
Senior - BHPian

My iPhone alarm is acting up. It either doesn't ring at all or the alarm goes off late. Looks like this is a reported issue. Any fixes suggested? The third party apps for alarm are all crappy aswell.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 24th October 2013 at 04:44.
Old 24th October 2013, 05:21   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
The option to turn off the motion effect was always there, right from iOS 7.0.
I saw this post the upgrade to 7.0.3 , turned it off and it has made looking at the screen so much better now.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:23   #6506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Another observation, my WiFi network gets connected for 3 hrs secured sessions. Earlier when I used to switch between networks, the earlier session used to expire and I had to re-login after coming back. Now the old session resumes after I re-join the old network. I may be wrong but I felt it was due to iOS7.
i don't think this has anything to do with iOS 7. this has to do with the router's lease time allotment to each client that connects. my guess is that when you router was refreshed/reset, the value for the lease time went back to default (24hrs) instead of the 3hrs you had set.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:27   #6507
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

May have something to do with a new feature implemented in IOS7 - multipath TCP.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:35   #6508
BHPian

Updated to 7.0.3 on both my iphone 5 and ipad 4. Dont know if its only me or has the interface become faster? That is, if am using an app and press the home button the app disappears as opposed to gradually going away.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:36   #6509
BHPian

Any idea why we are not able to navigate from one message (sms) to another directly ( say by swiping left or right while inside a message) rather than coming out of one message and then going into another??
Normal Feature phones has it; why not an i? :stupid
Old 24th October 2013, 09:37   #6510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i don't think this has anything to do with iOS 7. this has to do with the router's lease time allotment to each client that connects. my guess is that when you router was refreshed/reset, the value for the lease time went back to default (24hrs) instead of the 3hrs you had set.
No the lease time is still 3 hrs as I see the counter going on. Also when I move around with my laptop, I have to login in the new WiFi each time. But I still may be wrong. Or as Carboy has said, it may be due to the new feature- multipath TCP (I am not not much familiar about networks).

Navigation between message thread is possible from the main message screen only which is different from other phones. Also today I discovered the messages have their delivery time by their side, I had been trying in vain to find out the same all this time.

iOS 7.0.3 has indeed decreased the lag in the interface, even I have been experiencing the same. But I am still facing the screen freeze issue. The Apple site says that re-boot is the usual solution. But why should such a high end phone have such problem. I was ok when it happened in my previous entry level Galaxy, but not iPhone.

Last edited by ashis89 : 24th October 2013 at 09:45.

Most Viewed