Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 20:47   #6556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Has any one downloaded the latest 7.0.4 iOS update? It says major bug fixes for Facetime among other fixes. I just updated but haven't found any change as of now.
Even I updated it to 7.0.4 this noon, the update is with few bug fixes and resolved some user issue with face time call. Again I couldn't make any difference yet also I haven't faced any issue with my face time call earlier.
Old 15th November 2013, 21:55   #6557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Can anyone tell me where can I get an iPhone 5S 32 GB in Bangalore. Only the 16GB variant is available. I am looking to buy immediately and would appreciate if anyone can point me to a store I can pick it up from straightaway, provided its available.
Call up Justdial and ask for contact details of iPhone 5S sellers. I had one seller ask me for 10 K INR extra for a gold 32GB 5S. Anyways , I have preordered a gold 32GB 5S from the Imagine store at Forum Mall. You can book one by paying a minimum of 2K INR. I made a full payment and was told to expect a call by the first week of December

On the 4S , I was told 18 K INR as the buy back price. I am not selling it

Last edited by speedsatya : 15th November 2013 at 21:57.
Old 16th November 2013, 00:12   #6558
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Any 4S users played around with the nokia 1020? What has been your impression? Would you switch if you had the chance?
Old 16th November 2013, 10:09   #6559
BHPian

Finally there is an update for BBM for iOS.

Most of the bugs seem fixed as of now, But the performance still lags on my 4S.

I would still say, Whatsapp is a much more polished app than BBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Can anyone tell me where can I get an iPhone 5S 32 GB in Bangalore.
Try searching for it online.
You might come across a seller with the 32GB version in some other city.

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 16th November 2013 at 10:13.
Old 16th November 2013, 10:42   #6560
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering what significant advantage does BBM have over whatsapp, except that BBM has a lot more privacy controls.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:14   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Just wondering what significant advantage does BBM have over whatsapp, except that BBM has a lot more privacy controls.
Advantages of BBM over WhatsApp

1. It’s the most secure.
Nobody can intercept BBM messages.

This is because the messages you send aren't logged anywhere — unless you select to save them on your handset.

2. It’s private.
Full control on whom to add, chat and list.
No need to share your private phone number or receive unknown messages from any.

3. It’s instant and engaging
Read receipts and prompt delivery.

4. It’s personal
Status messages, pics and profile management.
Simpler and easier than ever thought.

5. It’s social
Benchmark group conversations, calendar and media sharing platform.

6. It’s efficient
It saves battery, data and time.

7. It’s international
Any country, provider and network. It just works!

8. It’s portable
It works automatically on your new phone, number and network. No need for changes and data transfer every time you make a change.

9. It’s evolving
BBM pics, BBM video call, BBM screen share, BBM voice call, the list will just grow.

10. And it’s free
Free for life. No annual $1 charge (like WhatsApp) or subscriptions (like Skype).

Tell you a secret. I have still retained my BB 9780 even though i have the Nexus 4 because of the utter ease of typing on a physical keyboard. Of course i have Swype on the Droid, but still nothing beats the touch of those keys physically.
Old 19th November 2013, 11:40   #6562
BHPian

WhatsApp for iOS 7 to be released this week ... Finally !!!

http://news.en.softonic.com/whatsapp...ased-this-week
Old 19th November 2013, 11:44   #6563
BHPian

I wrote sometime ago about the WIFI radio button being grayed out on my iPhone 4S. Did not find a solution even after hard reset and network reset. Gave the phone to the service center last Saturday for diagnostics and they informed it will be replace with a new phone, may get a new 4S today / tomorrow as its already shipped from Bangalore.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 19th November 2013 at 11:46. Reason: Grammar
Old 21st November 2013, 18:45   #6564
BHPian

Did anybody update their Sygic MMI app lately? There was an update for it a few weeks ago and after the update it is asking me to download maps. This when I was using it for navigation all over India from the past one year and hence had the India map already in it. Even though the state/UT maps are all free and I have downloaded for a few states already it is very irritating that the so called 'update' has actually resulted in a worse situation for me.
Old 21st November 2013, 19:02   #6565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Did anybody update their Sygic MMI app lately? There was an update for it a few weeks ago and after the update it is asking me to download maps. This when I was using it for navigation all over India from the past one year and hence had the India map already in it. Even though the state/UT maps are all free and I have downloaded for a few states already it is very irritating that the so called 'update' has actually resulted in a worse situation for me.
yes, this is the new method they have opted now, which is good in long terms because you dont need to download a complete 1 GB file everytime when they release just the app update and not maps update.

but in cases like yours, when the app was updated, probably they deleted the complete previous data (as it was a single package earlier) and implemented new method.

i bought this last week on my iphone 5 but it crashes as soon as i open it. can you please tell me which maps version you are running on currently (2012?) ?
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:22   #6566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I faced similar issue when i update the App last week. But i feel it is better than having to download the entire 1GB, but keep the ones which you need.
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:33   #6567
BHPian

I have read that iOS 7.1 beta runs like a breeze even on iPhone 4. So, it should perform much better on 4S, 5, 5C and 5S. Eagerly waiting for 7.1
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:45   #6568
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I observed another problem with my iP5. The phone auto re-booted a couple of times. The first time it just lying on the table. The second time, I was checking my mail using the in-built mail app. This is the first time that I have seen my phone re-booting automatically though it was common in earlier Samsung. Has anyone faced this problem yet?

Also both the times I observed that the phone took less than the normal shutdown-start up time.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:50   #6569
BHPian

http://geb.ebay.in/ImportHubViewItem...T-T-Clean-IMEI

http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubSearch...%21~&_df=force

Some amazing prices on Ebay global easy buy. I guess these are unlocked phones. Warranty I guess wont work for India. Any other problems with these unlocked phones?
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:09   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
http://geb.ebay.in/ImportHubViewItem...T-T-Clean-IMEI

http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubSearch...%21~&_df=force

Some amazing prices on Ebay global easy buy. I guess these are unlocked phones. Warranty I guess wont work for India. Any other problems with these unlocked phones?
All these are USA CDMA handsets heavily subsidized by the carriers. Will be hell of a task to get them working here and that too only with Indian CDMA companies. All in all the handsets are of no use to us here unless someone can get'em programmed for voice and data for Reliance or TATA CDMA.

Most Viewed