Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2014, 14:24   #6811
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
The iphone 5s 32GB costs just Rs. 24,638/- at the port of origin (China). Just imagine the kinda taxes and profit margins we pay!
Really? I think Chroma is selling iPhone 5s 16 GB for 51K, which is more than double, so much for indirect taxes Should we travel to China and book a container ourselves?
Old 21st May 2014, 16:44   #6812
BHPian

I was in China last month. The iPhone 5S there costs 5200 RMB, which translates to around 52000 INR.

Rgds
Suhas
Old 21st May 2014, 19:33   #6813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
I was in China last month. The iPhone 5S there costs 5200 RMB, which translates to around 52000 INR.

Rgds
Suhas
5200 RMB is 48,992/- as of today. I bought the iPhone 5s for my wife a month or so back and the MRP on that was 53500/-. Has the price come down?
Old 21st May 2014, 21:05   #6814
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

I know I will probably get many brickbats and many people will think I am an idiot. (I Probably am too because I ve just bought a product that is more or less at the end of its natural lifecycle).

I just bought an iPhone 4S 8GB last week on the Happy Hour Sale at Amazon.in
Brand new. Unopened. Packed and Sealed. It is a completely factory opened/ unlocked phone so I can use any India or International SIM card.

Basically I got it for a truly ridiculously low price so I bought it. (Rs 22000/-)

Mainly because I want to make my wife migrate from her current ancient paleozoic era Nokia Windows Phone (which I won 2 years ago at a Golf Tournament and promptly gifted her).

She is a Mac and iPod Touch user so loves the Apple user friendliness. I thought the iPhone 4S being a super sturdy machine, would clinch the experience.
Old 21st May 2014, 21:57   #6815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I know I will probably get many brickbats and many people will think I am an idiot. (I Probably am too because I ve just bought a product that is more or less at the end of its natural lifecycle).

Brand new. Unopened. Packed and Sealed. It is a completely factory opened/ unlocked phone so I can use any India or International SIM card.
Congrats on your putchase. Its still a very good phone. Your wife will definitely love it.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd May 2014 at 23:16. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 23:40   #6816
Senior - BHPian

LOL, it is awfully nice of you to conjoin Shankar's posted incidents on Golf and the new phone purchase and invent an entirely new & appropriate word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congrats on your putchase. Its still a very good phone. Your wife will definitely love it.

Quote:
which I won 2 years ago at a Golf Tournament and promptly gifted her).
Old 22nd May 2014, 05:29   #6817
BHPian

How to connect by ELM 327 to my iphone 5c using bluetooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 22nd May 2014, 05:54   #6818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
LOL, it is awfully nice of you to conjoin Shankar's posted incidents on Golf and the new phone purchase and invent an entirely new & appropriate word.
Lolz. Just noticed that. Sorry for that mistake.
Old 22nd May 2014, 07:50   #6819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Nice finding.
Your catching of the word and relating it to golf posting is amazing.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:02   #6820
BHPian

@IronH4WK,

Not sure whether the price has reduced or not. The price was 5200 RMB in April. I checked with my contacts in India during that time and as per them, the cost of iPhone 5S was almost same as in India.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:12   #6821
BHPian

Any good caller ID app that works for India other than Trucaller?
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:54   #6822
BHPian

Quote:

Basically I got it for a truly ridiculously low price so I bought it. (Rs 22000/-)

Mainly because I want to make my wife migrate from her current ancient paleozoic era Nokia Windows Phone (which I won 2 years ago at a Golf Tournament and promptly gifted her).

She is a Mac and iPod Touch user so loves the Apple user friendliness. I thought the iPhone 4S being a super sturdy machine, would clinch the experience.
Congrats on your iPhone purchase. Absolutely No brickbats, you're smart. iPhone 4S is still a very good phone. Even though the specs are comparable to current phones in the range of 15 - 25K, the performance is on par with the higher end phones ranging from 25 - 40K.

Don't go with the specs on paper, Apple products do perform much better and faster. The form factor is also perfect, unlike iPhone 5, which looks odd. Apple has got lot of female following, that's the reason, they've not increased the width of the phone. They feel, the phone should be comfortably operated with One hand.

Even the Camera on 4S is excellent. It has to be noted that most of the iPhone 4S users have not upgraded to iPhone 5 or 5S, since they don't see any significant upgrade compared to their iPhone 4S. So, you could see huge demand for the iPhone 6, once it is launched, not only from first time buyers, but also from persons upgrading from iPhone 4 & 4S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
5200 RMB is 48,992/- as of today. I bought the iPhone 5s for my wife a month or so back and the MRP on that was 53500/-. Has the price come down?
Don't both about the price difference. Couple of thousands, will not make much of a difference as you're investing half a lakh of rupees.

iPhone warranty is available only locally. So, you'll get peace of mind for at least the first year. iPhone bought outside India, has to be shipped to that particular country, for any warranty issues. Unless, you've any relatives or friends in the Country of Purchase, it's quite risky to buy.

The warranty issues is applicable to only iPhone. So, other products have worldwide warranty coverage.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd May 2014 at 19:44. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 24th May 2014, 07:41   #6823
BHPian

How does warranty work if one buys from amazon.in? If I recall correctly, amazon merely fulfills the orders through other suppliers and is not the authorized distributor ?
Old 24th May 2014, 14:05   #6824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
How does warranty work if one buys from amazon.in? If I recall correctly, amazon merely fulfills the orders through other suppliers and is not the authorized distributor ?
Warranty is fulfilled by Apple India not Amazon or the Supplier.
Old 24th May 2014, 18:22   #6825
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

I love this forum. This is the exact same situation I find myself in currently.

Need to buy a phone for my wife and I have been thinking iPhone 4 all day today because this is available for something like 18k now and she's pretty well used to her iPad mini interface. Am holding back only due to the fear of being termed an idiot.

Last edited by Oxy : 24th May 2014 at 18:25.

Most Viewed