Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:17   #7366
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Has anyone else had issues with the Yahoo email app since the last update?
I keep getting this no mails in inbox with a rather irritating message and even when i delete emails, they still sit there without being deleted!

The iPhone Thread-image.jpg

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd November 2014 at 05:19.
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:51   #7367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Has anyone else had issues with the Yahoo email app since the last update?
I keep getting this no mails in inbox with a rather irritating message and even when i delete emails, they still sit there without being deleted!

Attachment 1304957

Nope, mine seems to be working fine. Remove your account, close the app, restart and add you account. See if that works.
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:05   #7368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Nope, mine seems to be working fine. Remove your account, close the app, restart and add you account. See if that works.
Funny, i didnt get your quote notification. Wonder why?

I shall see if this continues, if so shall just delete the app and reinstall it. It used to work perfectly before they updated it, adding those new tabs down the bottom for news, etc.
Old 8th November 2014, 18:57   #7369
Distinguished - BHPian

Joined the party recently after the missus gifted me a 16 GB iPhone 5s for my birthday. After swearing repeatedly that I will never abandon Android because awesome it was a meek and abject caving in that took no more than two days!

Have got used to the lack of a Back button surprisingly fast and all my favourite apps are now loaded (including the Team Bhp one). It is running on iOS 7.1.2 with an update to 8.1 available. Lightning fast and an absolute delight UX wise, are my first impressions!
Old 8th November 2014, 19:29   #7370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Joined the party recently after the missus gifted me a 16 GB iPhone 5s for my birthday. After swearing repeatedly that I will never abandon Android because awesome it was a meek and abject caving in that took no more than two days!.............
Add me to the 5S club as well! Having owned a lot of Android Devices in the recent years and having a dislike for Apple's restrictive ways, I was always envious of how my father's 3GS worked flawlessly even after him owning it for like a century! And my latest Android Octacore 2.3GHZ phone hanging to the point that I needed to take out the battery!
That was enough for me to convert to Apple.
Loving the flawless and simple experience. Plus it a delight to hold and operate with one hand.
I had the option to go for either the 6 or the 5S and chose the 5S for its far better looking design even though the price difference was a mere 5k.

Wonderful phone for those like me who just use it as a phone, email, light internet and whatsapp device.
Old 10th November 2014, 20:39   #7371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Add me to the 5S club as well! Having owned a lot of Android Devices in the recent years and having a dislike for Apple's restrictive ways, I was always envious of how my father's 3GS worked flawlessly even after him owning it for like a century! And my latest Android Octacore 2.3GHZ phone hanging to the point that I needed to take out the battery!
That was enough for me to convert to Apple.
Loving the flawless and simple experience. Plus it a delight to hold and operate with one hand.
I had the option to go for either the 6 or the 5S and chose the 5S for its far better looking design even though the price difference was a mere 5k.

Wonderful phone for those like me who just use it as a phone, email, light internet and whatsapp device.
Can some iphone expert suggest me a contacts backup app for iOS 4.0? I have an old locked iphone 3gs running on 4.0 and I cant update it because it is originally locked on AT&T, so I dont have iCloud yet. Now I am trying to get the contacts out of there and to Google via iTunes, but that's not happening either. It doesn't seem to be syncing properly. Anyone knows of a backup app for v4.0 that will make a vcf of the contacts which I can email to myself?

P
Old 10th November 2014, 21:03   #7372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Anyone knows of a backup app for v4.0 that will make a vcf of the contacts which I can email to myself?
Try Mcbackup. It works in the way you mentioned. But I am not sure if it works with the version you mentioned.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:12   #7373
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Can some iphone expert suggest me a contacts backup app for iOS 4.0?
P
Have you tried using traditional method of backing up using computer and iTunes?
Old 10th November 2014, 21:47   #7374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Funny, i didnt get your quote notification. Wonder why?

I shall see if this continues, if so shall just delete the app and reinstall it. It used to work perfectly before they updated it, adding those new tabs down the bottom for news, etc.
Why don't you configure your yahoo account to native mail on iPhone? I never liked the yahoo app, either on iPhone or Android as its always buggy.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:50   #7375
Senior - BHPian

Is the iPhone 4s a good buy now ? This will be for my father and he uses a phone mainly to make calls and the rare whatsapp/SMS usage. So as long as a phone has good call quality,decent talktime he's a happy man. No use for multiple apps,camera etc.

Will a iPhone 4s suffice or should I extend budget and get him a 5c may be ?
Old 10th November 2014, 22:30   #7376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Will a iPhone 4s suffice or should I extend budget and get him a 5c may be ?
I would recommend 5/5c if you want to keep it relevant for atleast next 2 years.
Old 10th November 2014, 22:52   #7377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Try Mcbackup. It works in the way you mentioned. But I am not sure if it works with the version you mentioned.
Version is too new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have you tried using traditional method of backing up using computer and iTunes?
I tried it the traditional way using itunes, but for some reason, it wasn't working. Ater posting my msg here, I sat on the system and upgraded to the latest itunes, backed up the phone and tried to sync to google contacts again and this time it worked. So now I am mostly set to try and get the phone factory unlocked so I can upgrade to the latest iOS that it can run on.

Cheers!

P
Old 10th November 2014, 23:40   #7378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I would recommend 5/5c if you want to keep it relevant for atleast next 2 years.
Thank you.Are you recommending 5/5c because the 4s might not get the next big iOS update or does the 4s lose out on other factors too ?
Old 11th November 2014, 00:01   #7379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Thank you.Are you recommending 5/5c because the 4s might not get the next big iOS update or does the 4s lose out on other factors too ?
Yes, primarily because 4S will not qualify for next iOS upgrade. However this in itself is not a big issue as one would expect the apps to support iOS7 for a while which 4S supports.

The issue is that Apple made significant Hardware changes post 4S, even now 4S doesn't give you best experience on iOS7 and iOS 7 onwards the software change too have been significant to support old hardware for long.
Old 11th November 2014, 00:26   #7380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The issue is that Apple made significant Hardware changes post 4S, even now 4S doesn't give you best experience on iOS7 and iOS 7 onwards the software change too have been significant to support old hardware for long.
Thank you. Will consider the 5c or 5s in that case. Don't want a sluggish experience in 6 months from now.

Most Viewed