Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:02   #7501

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I don't see what you'd file a claim with eBay for -- The item is as promised and has no defects. Why would they open a refund claim?
Starscream, you make a valid observation. They delivered as they had promised: a working without-contract phone and it was my mistake to assume a non-contract phone was the same asn unlocked phone. But perhaps they should have mentioned that whst they selling (a locked phone) can only be used for playing games by kids

Upon asking, the GEB reseller (I2C World) very casually told me: "of course Sprint phones are locked".

The Sprint exec sounded positive when she said she would raise an unlocking request but I read somewhere that the request is accepted only if the phone is 90 days post sale (mine isn't) and also that they unlock only the CDMA part of the network capabilities.

Fingers crossed.
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:51   #7502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hmm.. this has happened only once. this morning the battery was at 16% and i didn't see any drastic drop in the remaining charge. that being said, i'll try the charge cycling thingy and see if that helps.

Could be a one off case. I had observed the same few months back on my iPhone 5, but instead of 5%, it just got turned off at 7% and I was surprised. But it never happened before or after that. Guess there is nothing to worry as it's been months and in my phone, battery is still working normal as before.
Old 22nd January 2015, 18:57   #7503

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
My last 2-3 phones have been bought online, including from eBay. There is nothing wrong with eBay if you know what you are doing.
Completely agree. I've shopped online for more than 10 years now (including from eBay) and barring the odd cancelled transaction or delays due to logistical issues, have had a pleasant experience.

This happened purely because I didnt know what I was doing. Was always an Android person and never really knew anything about iPhones.
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:52   #7504
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hmm.. this has happened only once. this morning the battery was at 16% and i didn't see any drastic drop in the remaining charge. that being said, i'll try the charge cycling thingy and see if that helps.
Can it be because of your email syncing? I have noticed that it goes down pretty fast (from <10% charge) with a few big email downloads.
Old 22nd January 2015, 20:58   #7505
BHPian

Have u checked the battery usage tab in General>usage>battery usage?
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:25   #7506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Can it be because of your email syncing? I have noticed that it goes down pretty fast (from <10% charge) with a few big email downloads.

Don't sync my mailbox. Even if did, it doesn't explain the sudden drop in the charge and the phone switching off with 5% still remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Have u checked the battery usage tab in General>usage>battery usage?

After the last full charge it showed 5hrs+ talk time and 11hrs standby.
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:53   #7507
Distinguished - BHPian

IPhone experts. Amazon has a lightening deal on the iPhone 5C for Rs 19900. Worth it?.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:44   #7508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
IPhone experts. Amazon has a lightening deal on the iPhone 5C for Rs 19900. Worth it?.
It has 8gb non extendable. I hope you know that. If you are good with 8 GB its a great buy.
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:53   #7509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
It has 8gb non extendable. I hope you know that. If you are good with 8 GB its a great buy.

And to top that, only around 5-6gb must be usable at max. So, unless you don't listen to any music or watch any movies or play any games, it's not something that you'd want to consider.
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:22   #7510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

anybody else had this problem?
Not on iPhone, but after the upgrade to Android 5.0, my Nexus 5 switches itself off at 5% battery charge.
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:15   #7511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Not on iPhone, but after the upgrade to Android 5.0, my Nexus 5 switches itself off at 5% battery charge.

Maybe it was designed to be consistent with the version number
Old 23rd January 2015, 16:05   #7512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
And to top that, only around 5-6gb must be usable at max. So, unless you don't listen to any music or watch any movies or play any games, it's not something that you'd want to consider.
Thanks. decided against it.
Old 24th January 2015, 23:59   #7513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazimk24 View Post
Starscream, you make a valid observation. They delivered as they had promised: a working without-contract phone and it was my mistake to assume a non-contract phone was the same asn unlocked phone. But perhaps they should have mentioned that whst they selling (a locked phone) can only be used for playing games by kids

Upon asking, the GEB reseller (I2C World) very casually told me: "of course Sprint phones are locked".

The Sprint exec sounded positive when she said she would raise an unlocking request but I read somewhere that the request is accepted only if the phone is 90 days post sale (mine isn't) and also that they unlock only the CDMA part of the network capabilities.

Fingers crossed.
Hi,
i was in the same boat as you and bought a sprint phone. Sprint denied my request since i dont have a sprint connection but i used chronic unlocks and i am using my Sprint phone on Vodafone and AT&T when i travel to the US. It is a bit pricey tho, and takes a while to be unlocked. https://chronicunlocks.com/r/sprint_iphone_unlock
Old 27th January 2015, 12:34   #7514
BHPian

Just one piece of information I would like to give.

If anyone is planning to get it from USA, why not order from Apple.com itself? I ordered my iphone 6 64GB from apple site (paid from my credit card and delivered to my friends home address) and asked my friend to get it here. The phone is perfectly alright and its completely unlocked. I paid approx. USD 795 including taxes (which varies depending on which state you order from). I ordered the T-Mobile version which is unlocked, though it comes with a t-mobile sim card which is not activated.

Regards,
Old 28th January 2015, 07:50   #7515
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Apple has gone on to quietly release an iOS update, Version 8.1.3.

The iPhone Thread-ios-8.1.3.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks