Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 09:48   #7711
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Been having issues with the team bhp app today. I guess 8.3 messed up something in it. Keyboard wasn't coming up, was getting no response when clicking a topic etc
hmm.. seems to be working fine for me. in fact i just posted in the stickers thread using the app. why don't you try killing all the apps and restarting the phone? maybe it was a temporary glitch.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th April 2015 at 10:09.
Old 15th April 2015, 10:01   #7712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
why don't you killing all the apps and restarting the phone? maybe it was a temporary glitch.
Yes I did that and posted with the app that time. However, this never happened before and only after 8.3, hence reported it. I am on IP 6 plus 64Gb.
Old 30th April 2015, 11:02   #7713
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Are there any offers on Iphone 6 currently? Is there any place where I could get it cheap?
Old 30th April 2015, 11:09   #7714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Guys,

Are there any offers on Iphone 6 currently? Is there any place where I could get it cheap?
Online you can get it for rs 46k. Vodafone has some bundle offer too.
Old 3rd May 2015, 04:00   #7715
BHPian

Hello All,

I need some advise

Dropped by 3 year old iPhone 4S and now the touch does not work like it used to. The screens also has some black areas now. Even clicking on an icon does not open the app, something wrong with the sensitivity of the touch

I went to the Apple Service folks and they mentioned that the display cannot be changed on an iPhone and the only thing they could have done (if the phone was purchased in India and was under warranty - both cases are not true for me) was to replace my phone after I paid Rs 12000/-

I called a shop right opposite the Apple Service Center (Delhi Electronics). They said that they can change the display for Rs 3500/- and it would be an OEM part. I don't trust them on the display being OEM

Questions-
1> Would changing the screen help me here?
2> Does Rs 3500/- sound fair?
3> How do I check if the display is orginal
4> Anything I am missing?
5> I don't want to buy another phone right now... any other option? or repair shop in Gurgaon?
Old 3rd May 2015, 05:08   #7716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Questions-
1> Would changing the screen help me here?
3> How do I check if the display is orginal
4> Anything I am missing?
5> I don't want to buy another phone right now... any other option? or repair shop in Gurgaon?
Since touch is not working, entire display assembly including digitizer has to be changed. Apparently, digitizer and LCD panel are stitched together starting iPhone 4 and changing only screen is not possible.

3500 is cheap and the item may be duplicate. Original may be around 10k or so.

Since changing display or volume button involves dismantling the entire unit, it is time consuming and labor intensive. Would not know about shops around Gurgaon and others may help in this regard. Refer iFixit.com for better understanding but don't try it yourself.
Old 3rd May 2015, 07:58   #7717
BHPian

Quote:
Try checking with gadgetwood.com, I and a fellow member have had good experience with them. Maybe a bit pricey but home pick up and delivery and reliability is worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by abhjain : 3rd May 2015 at 07:59.
Old 3rd May 2015, 09:53   #7718
BHPian

Quote:

The screen change would be under 5000 and those screens are as good as oem. You can even try Zion technologies in Gurgaon and Delhi. I got my iPhone 5's screen replaced from them and it has been a year and it is working as good as oem.
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:29   #7719
Senior - BHPian

Friends - i use an iphone 4, and its been with me for the past 40 + months. Just love it, and i am i no mood to splurge money on a new phone now.

Since friday evening, the phone takes ages to charge up, get heated up near the ear piece ( i mean, really hot ) and switches off suddenly when ever it feels like. Yesterday, i saw a message on the display that the temperature is high and the phone has to cool down before use.

I went to the service centre - massive crowd i noticed yesterday. After a one hour wait and when my token number was called out, i was simply told that the phone is reaching End of Life and nothing can be done. Now, i didnt expect this response - maybe because of heavy crowd, they wanted to finish off service requests quite fast

What i want to know is if any other member faced such issues, and what could be a possible repair option?

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 3rd May 2015 at 11:30. Reason: corrected a spelling error
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:47   #7720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Friends - i use an iphone 4, and its been with me for the past 40 + months. Just love it, and i am i no mood to splurge money on a new phone now.

Since friday evening, the phone takes ages to charge up, get heated up near the ear piece ( i mean, really hot ) and switches off suddenly when ever it feels like. Yesterday, i saw a message on the display that the temperature is high and the phone has to cool down before use.

I went to the service centre - massive crowd i noticed yesterday. After a one hour wait and when my token number was called out, i was simply told that the phone is reaching End of Life and nothing can be done. Now, i didnt expect this response - maybe because of heavy crowd, they wanted to finish off service requests quite fast

What i want to know is if any other member faced such issues, and what could be a possible repair option?

This basically indicates possible failure of important ICs on the logic board due to wear and tear. Cost of repair will not be worth for a 40 month old phone, since pretty much all the internals will get replaced. It indeed is the end of life. Id suggest taking the plunge, and changing the phone now, with android options if an iphone may be out of budget, or a preowned 5S can also make a lot of sense in good condition.
Old 3rd May 2015, 12:10   #7721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
The screen change would be under 5000 and those screens are as good as oem. You can even try Zion technologies in Gurgaon and Delhi. I got my iPhone 5's screen replaced from them and it has been a year and it is working as good as oem.
My experience with Zion has been quite terrible. Managed to repair in two attempts so took two visits and the part went kaput as soon as warranty of one month expired!
Old 4th May 2015, 18:51   #7722
Senior - BHPian

An update on NRI iPhones being serviced in India:

I was at the Apple service center today and I asked them if they would honor the warranty if I buy an IP6 from US. The service personnel told me that 9 out of 10 phones get rejected. They connect the phone to their server and check if it is eligible for service in India. He told me to ask the vendor (in US) before purchase and if they say yes, it can be serviced, get it in writing.
Old 4th May 2015, 21:45   #7723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
[b]They connect the phone to their server and check if it is eligible for service in India. He told me to ask the vendor (in US) before purchase.

That's absolutely not true, they identify the phones with the serial number of the phone. The phones that are sold in India has a different set of serial number .
Old 5th May 2015, 05:45   #7724
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
That's absolutely not true, they identify the phones with the serial number of the phone. The phones that are sold in India has a different set of serial number .
I can confirm that this is the procedure they use to identify the location the phone was purchased. They use a tool called iLog which provides the info, as well as service history. It also shows the service history linked with the device.
Old 5th May 2015, 05:52   #7725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

I had the same problem with my phone. It would heatup and my battery would go from 100% to 0% in 5 mins.
I googled the issue and found the following steps helpful
1>delete all mails setting on the phone
2> turn off the calendar etc that might be associated to the mail
3> reboot and reconfigure the mail

It worked in my case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks