Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2015, 17:38   #7831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

So my Nexus 5 is stuck in a bootloop and looks all set to become paperweight.

After 2 nexus phones and nearly 5 years on android,i'm looking to buy a iPhone next. I'm wondering if it makes sense to postpone my purchase by two months and get the 6s or 6s+ or should I just get the iPhone 6 now ?

The rumored changes like 4k video,force touch,2Gb RAM sound like they're worth waiting for so the confusion.
Old 19th July 2015, 18:02   #7832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

After 2 nexus phones and nearly 5 years on android,i'm looking to buy a iPhone next. I'm wondering if it makes sense to postpone my purchase by two months and get the 6s or 6s+ or should I just get the iPhone 6 now ?

The rumored changes like 4k video,force touch,2Gb RAM sound like they're worth waiting for so the confusion.
Please wait. I'm in the same boat. If 6s comes with these three features - I'll buy it asap:
- More battery (4.7" with only 1800 mah?! Xiaomi does 3000 mah in the MI4i!)
- More RAM. Never hurts for future proofing
- More ROM. 16GB is frankly a joke. They really need to start at 32 / 64 GB!
Old 19th July 2015, 18:44   #7833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Please wait. I'm in the same boat. If 6s comes with these three features - I'll buy it asap:
- More battery (4.7" with only 1800 mah?! Xiaomi does 3000 mah in the MI4i!)
- More RAM. Never hurts for future proofing
- More ROM. 16GB is frankly a joke. They really need to start at 32 / 64 GB!
Thanks,guess I'll wait and watch since I don't want to get iPhone 6 @44k if i can get 6s at 54k or so in a few months from now.I think more RAM is certain since almost all sites report 2gb ram,however i'm not sure about how big a bump the battery will get. Hope its a substantial increase. They do offer 64 and 132 GB (no 32) but at much higher prices
Old 19th July 2015, 20:37   #7834
BHPian

As far as I have read, the new Iphone will be announced in September and by my estimations, it will be launched in October/November in India. I may be wrong here but I am just extrapolating from last time when the new Iphone was launched in India around Diwali (if I remember correctly). I am not sure if you guys can wait for 3 months.
Old 20th July 2015, 02:18   #7835
Senior - BHPian

The renewed marketing spiel on the i6 is a good indication that the launch of 6s is imminent and this time around we may not have to wait for months. Most likely the roll out will be almost concurrent with the launch in other major markets.
Old 20th July 2015, 06:35   #7836
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

iPhone 6 is delicious. Photo quality is excellent.
I love Apple Radio and Apple Music.
Amazing.

Great phones.
Worth losing the tactile feel, in favour of a bumper for protection and the clear film in front and the back of the phone to keep it safe from harm.

So used to the larger screen that I cannot imagine how I used to use the 4S for so long. Even the 5S seems tiny in comparison to the plain old 6.

I wouldn't buy the 6 plus though because it is impractical in terms of size and rather unweldy.
Old 20th July 2015, 08:55   #7837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

I am in the same boat as well. I have been using the N5 since its release as well and had two Android phones earlier too. But I feel I would shift to the iOS side pretty soon.

The battery seems to get terrible as the day goes on. No changes in the horizon to address it from Google'e end.

The iPad I have been using for the past 3 years is proof that iOS will be a better bet than Android for the next few years at least. Same or better battery life as the new device and superb build quality of the device itself.

Considering I don't tinker with the contents of the phone often, I believe the file transfer mechanism of iOS is no longer a bottle neck for me.

I find a lot of offers in Flipkart for iPhone although they are not authorized resellers apparently according to Apple.

Might go with the Vodafone package as it seems OK value for money with the plan they offer.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:09   #7838
BHPian

Was mighty impressed with apple music which came with the 8.4 update. Was enjoying the internet radio and storing songs offline briefly, till i realised I am not being able to sync my playlists and add songs any more. Internet forums are full of this glitch. It just doesn't sync. Anyone else facing this issue, any thoughts?
Old 21st July 2015, 20:22   #7839
BHPian

So I just installed the iOS 9 Public Beta on my phone (5S) and I quite like the changes. It is not quite the usual developer beta versions that I install each year to try out the new OS. The OS is comparatively less buggy and has changed the font across the phone, a very subtle change.
Siri is good and proactive assistant is also impressive. The new search is also deeper and more meaningful.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:42   #7840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
So I just installed the iOS 9 Public Beta on my phone (5S) and I quite like the changes. It is not quite the usual developer beta versions that I install each year to try out the new OS. The OS is comparatively less buggy and has changed the font across the phone, a very subtle change.
Siri is good and proactive assistant is also impressive. The new search is also deeper and more meaningful.
Yes, I am also using it for the past week or so and experience has been good so far. Though it's not a major upgrade I just say and changes are only subtle at its best.
Old 21st July 2015, 23:50   #7841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Was mighty impressed with apple music which came with the 8.4 update. Was enjoying the internet radio and storing songs offline briefly, till i realised I am not being able to sync my playlists and add songs any more. Internet forums are full of this glitch. It just doesn't sync. Anyone else facing this issue, any thoughts?
I have upgraded my iP5 to 8.4 and haven't faced this issue. I have transferred songs, deleted them as well without any problem. Do try a restore of iOS which usually solves the problem (this is mostly recommended by Apple service too). Is the iTunes updated to the latest version?

Another suggestion, download the iOS to your pc and then update it on the iPhone, if you haven't been doing so till now. I faced some problems with iOS 8.1.3 which was eventually solved with a restore. At that time, Apple Online support asked me to download the iOS each time and then update from PC.
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:16   #7842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Internet forums are full of this glitch. It just doesn't sync.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
...without any problem.

Promit, are you using a cable which is not certified? I had this issue and was breaking my head when I read somewhere that I should change the cable. Did that and voila it worked perfectly... I was facing the issue when doing a full backup to my laptop btw. Might be worth a try or even the wifi sync
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:32   #7843
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Promit, are you using a cable which is not certified? I had this issue and was breaking my head when I read somewhere that I should change the cable. Did that and voila it worked perfectly... I was facing the issue when doing a full backup to my laptop btw. Might be worth a try or even the wifi sync
I have been using a Capdase USB cable after my original cable developed a crack (~2.5 years old) and the syncing works perfectly fine with this new cable.
Old 23rd July 2015, 15:42   #7844
Senior - BHPian

I was really happy with my two year old iphone 5 until I ordered an iphone 6 for me from flipkart. I got a deal at just 40k and it was a steal. the apple store is selling the same item at 56k. for originality i validated it through apple india website and it is an original piece of apple. I really loved the sleek and perfect size of iphone6 and is anytime better over bulky iphone6 plus.
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:43   #7845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
... for originality i validated it through apple india website and it is an original piece of apple. ...
How does one do that?

Which deal was this? For a 64GB one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks