Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2015, 17:57   #7846
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How does one do that?

Which deal was this? For a 64GB one?
Maybe he's referring to the warranty status we can check here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Validates if the hardware qualifies for warranty in India, so is genuine.
Old 23rd July 2015, 22:46   #7847
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If you buy from a store in a state with no tax, it is beneficial.
Where can I get a list of states without tax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I got a deal at just 40k and it was a steal. the apple store is selling the same item at 56k.
What was the deal on the 6+?
Old 24th July 2015, 09:16   #7848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanomics View Post
Maybe he's referring to the warranty status we can check here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Validates if the hardware qualifies for warranty in India, so is genuine.
You answered him.

Quote:
What was the deal on the 6+?
You have to follow flipkart for that. anyway the current price at flipkart will still be way less than the apple store, that too with complete apple India support
Old 28th July 2015, 14:54   #7849
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some help.

Sis owns a iPhone 4S and dropped the phone and the screen is cracked. I am looking to get the screen replaced at a good price. How much will it cost in the Apple Care center? Can we do it at local shops? How much? Any recommendations?
Old 28th July 2015, 15:05   #7850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, need some help.

Sis owns a iPhone 4S and dropped the phone and the screen is cracked. I am looking to get the screen replaced at a good price. How much will it cost in the Apple Care center? Can we do it at local shops? How much? Any recommendations?

The same happened to me a couple of months back. Apple service told me that they do not replace screens but if my phone was an India purchase and under warranty then after paying Rs 12000 they would replace my phone with the same model. I was in no mood of spending this much money on a model which I bought 3 yrs back. They even said that I cannot exchange my phone for a newer model as its not working. Left that place and found a shop just opposite to it who was willing to replace the screen for 3.5k. Asked for a discount and he quoted 3300. Said yes and 50 mins later got my phone back with the replaced screen. No issues faced so far. And the screen is working just like it was before
Old 28th July 2015, 15:48   #7851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, need some help.

Hey,

Got a Nexus 4's (belonged to a friend) screen replaced last week at a local shop in Mumbai and that set him back by Rs.3500. I'm guessing, should be in the whereabouts.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Old 28th July 2015, 16:17   #7852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
.......who was willing to replace the screen for 3.5k. Asked for a discount and he quoted 3300. Said yes and 50 mins later got my phone back with the replaced screen. No issues faced so far. And the screen is working just like it was before
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Hey,

Got a Nexus 4's (belonged to a friend) screen replaced last week at a local shop in Mumbai and that set him back by Rs.3500. I'm guessing, should be in the whereabouts.
Thanks for the updates guys. Appreciate it. So best bet is getting it done outside. Will do so and update.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:24   #7853
BHPian

Okay I need major help. I've just moved to an iphone 5s from my moto g temporarily until i get another android phone(sorry, i've never really gotten used to apple). So the problem is that, on my old phone, i've had my music and pictures in different folders and i've been trying to transfer them into the iphone via shareit and it takes forever and all of it piles up in one place, how do i get them to arrange folderwise?. Also, how do i make windows detect the iphone? nothing happens when i plug the cable in my laptop. i've tried updating drivers but nothing. I'm forced to use shareit.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:40   #7854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Okay I need major help. I've just moved to an iphone 5s from my moto g temporarily until i get another android phone(sorry, i've never really gotten used to apple). So the problem is that, on my old phone, i've had my music and pictures in different folders and i've been trying to transfer them into the iphone via shareit and it takes forever and all of it piles up in one place, how do i get them to arrange folderwise?. Also, how do i make windows detect the iphone? nothing happens when i plug the cable in my laptop. i've tried updating drivers but nothing. I'm forced to use shareit.
Best way would be to use iTunes. Have you tried that?
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:43   #7855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Also, how do i make windows detect the iphone? nothing happens when i plug the cable in my laptop. i've tried updating drivers but nothing. I'm forced to use shareit.

You need iTunes installed in your laptop to sync pictures, music, movies and applications efficiently.

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:48   #7856

Install the latest version of iTunes in your Windows PC. After installing , connect the iPhone to the PC. You can add music files/ folders from the PC to the iTunes Library. The entire music Library can be synced to the iPhone or better still only manually selected ones may be added , if phone memory/ space is of concern. iTunes needs a little getting used to , but believe you me its quite easy after that.
Hope this helps. Enjoy your iDevice , you'll love it.
Old 19th August 2015, 08:46   #7857
BHPian

Guys is there any free app for shredding free space in iPhone? Or some sort of junk files ,logs and registry cleaner to speed up iPhone?
Old 21st August 2015, 11:46   #7858
BHPian

My ageing iPhone 4 got dropped on to the floor 2 days back from 3 ft height. Touch fully working, but display 70% gone towards bottom managed to use it. back fully shattered. Got the front and back replaced at Fathima plaza Pondy bazaar. Costed 1800+400=2200. They say having a tempered glass front/back guard might help more and would have avoided this shattering to an extent (rather than plain scratch guard, get this one if u like the clean looks without a case). So got one fixed 200 each on back and front. The new case is perfect but not fitting properly because of a battery bulge, will mostly be replacing battery too, @650, was unable to decide yesterday.
Meanwhile, my 5S came from US yesterday through my friend, set and running, so it was less of a tension (not as much when seeing the cutie shatter on the floor) but definitely later when hunting for a new phone was not needed. (Had to get it couriered from my india visiting friend from coimbatore to chennai, and bluedart quoted whopping 1300+ that too 2 day delivery!! expected next day from them! was lucky to get a friends friend travelling, and got it overnight here far less worry than relying on courier)
Old 21st August 2015, 13:48   #7859
Senior - BHPian

A few posts back, I had asked for advise on replacing an iPhone 4S screen. Thankfully sis managed to get it replaced in the US itself - for cheaper than here
Old 21st August 2015, 15:08   #7860
BHPian

A couple of days back I updated to public beta version of iOS 9 on my iPhone 5s. If anyone is interested, go to beta.apple.com and follow instructions. Pretty straight forward. The download is though big, 1.3GB. Or wait for a public release rumoured to be on Sept 09.

With regards to experience, after 2 days of usage, I feel the battery life has gone down a bit, though Apple claims improvement in battery life. You now have the open apps as tiles. The font over all has changed. There is a new battery mode called "Low Power Mode", which when on turns off the background refresh and mails. So far, decent experience. Hope the 2-3 months gap between the beta and final version bring about more improvement.

Cheers,
Ardy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks