Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 11:31   #8056
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

My uncle's iphone 5s fell down yesterday and the screen got damaged. Apple official service need 21K for replacing entire glass+ display unit( glass,touch screen,digitizer etc).

What are the best alternatives in Bangalore? Any reliable third party?
Old 7th October 2015, 11:48   #8057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
My uncle's iphone 5s fell down yesterday and the screen got damaged. Apple official service need 21K for replacing entire glass+ display unit( glass,touch screen,digitizer etc).

What are the best alternatives in Bangalore? Any reliable third party?
You can give a try at Prakash Cellular if you live anywhere in East Bangalore.

No.492, Ground Floor, Nandanam Apartment, Next to Amarjyothi Nursing Home, CMH Road, Indira Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038
080 4148 6306

Here is the LOCATION

Cheers
Old 7th October 2015, 11:53   #8058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Vodafone Australia. I am in Australia by the way.
Nice. I was also told that the 6S+ 128 GB will take 8 weeks. The salesman however offered me a 16 GB piece for AUD 950. However he could not give me a receipt. Did not want to take the risk so declined the offer.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:09   #8059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post

No.492, Ground Floor, Nandanam Apartment, Next to Amarjyothi Nursing Home, CMH Road, Indira Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560038
080 4148 6306

Here is the LOCATION

Cheers
Thanks.Will visit them tomorrow.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:27   #8060
BHPian

If I buy an iPhone in India, what are the chances that it'll work when traveling internationally? I'll be visiting Canada and I'd want the phone to seamlessly work.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:33   #8061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
If I buy an iPhone in India, what are the chances that it'll work when traveling internationally? I'll be visiting Canada and I'd want the phone to seamlessly work.

The phone in India is factory unlocked, and can be used easily anywhere around the world with a GSM/3G or LTE connection. Country based factors may vary, but a prepaid GSM sim from anywhere will work in the phone.
Old 7th October 2015, 12:47   #8062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
The phone in India is factory unlocked, and can be used easily anywhere around the world with a GSM/3G or LTE connection. Country based factors may vary, but a prepaid GSM sim from anywhere will work in the phone.
Thanks for the quick reply! So there are no issues with the frequency bands I suppose?
Old 7th October 2015, 13:34   #8063
BHPian

Need a good power bank to charge my iPhone 6.
Any suggestions?

Battery drain is high after the latest updates. Anyone having the same problem?
Old 7th October 2015, 14:25   #8064
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply! So there are no issues with the frequency bands I suppose?
Depends on which model you buy , 5S and older model had specific bands for region . LTE is still new and the standards are not global unlike 3g.But newer iPhone's i.e., 6 and later support majority of the bands and that should not be any problem. Anyway i am just speaking about LTE and rest other things should be fine .

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post

080 4148 6306

Here is the LOCATION

Cheers
There is one more guy in national market whom i know since 2008 and i have replaced around 10 screens with him , let me know if you need his number.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2015 at 15:21. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 7th October 2015, 14:33   #8065
BHPian

So after updating my phone to 9.0.2, my old Mac with an old iTunes version, cannot detect my phone. It says I need to update my iTunes. And to update my iTunes, I need to update the OS X. To do that I need more RAM, and a SSD. This is the first time I've been mighty pissed with Apple for abruptly ceasing to support my old laptop, and without any warning. The description only said bug fixes, fixes to Apple Music etc. etc. So they want me to buy a new laptop now. Hmmm.. Some very wise idiots..!
Old 7th October 2015, 15:13   #8066
BHPian

Quote:

iphone 6 and 6 plus onwards, the phones are global, not region specific. So if the iphone is sold in that country, your iphone from India will work there too.
The 5S has 2 different models, whose frequency bands vary depending on region.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:20   #8067
BHPian

Is it worth the money buying iphone 5s now?
Old 7th October 2015, 15:44   #8068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post

IMO, no point buying a 5S. Id rather go for a slightly used iphone 6 in good condition if budget is a constraint.
However good the phone is, its been 2 years since its been in the market, and will be good only for a year more at the most.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:14   #8069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
It depends on your usage and upgrade pattern.If you are going to use for basic voice/messages/FB/whatsapp/multimedia etc, it is good. If you are an always latest feature person, then these models will become outdated soon, as by this year 5 series production may end.

There would be few future versions compatible, but after a period, you will not get periodic software updates. As I said, if the usage pattern doesn't warrant uptodate software every few month, then it is worth.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:44   #8070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
IMO, no point buying a 5S. Id rather go for a slightly used iphone 6 in good condition if budget is a constraint.
However good the phone is, its been 2 years since its been in the market, and will be good only for a year more at the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
It depends on your usage and upgrade pattern.If you are going to use for basic voice/messages/FB/whatsapp/multimedia etc, it is good. If you are an always latest feature person, then these models will become outdated soon, as by this year 5 series production may end.

There would be few future versions compatible, but after a period, you will not get periodic software updates. As I said, if the usage pattern doesn't warrant uptodate software every few month, then it is worth.
The phone would be to replace the obsolete xperia play, which is android 2.3. It is to be used by the wifey as second phone. Primary being the Z10. She is comfortable with the iphone 6, but is averse to spending 55000 on a phone now. And lack of application for blackberry is keeping us away from a passport/Z30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks