Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 10:41   #8416
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Hi Iphone experts. have a quick query. Had upgraded my wifes ihone 5C to ioS9. after that the lightning charger is not charging. it needs a hard reset (top button + bottom button) to start charging. It then pops a message "the device connected is not Supported" when i put in the charger, but still charges. After a couple of days it stops charging and i need to do the rigmarole again.
I updated the s/w to 9.2 yesterday, but still this issue persists.
Anyone who has experienced this? and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 17th December 2015, 11:54   #8417
BHPian

It is a come problem with the lightning cable,just move the cable a bit & will work was facing this problem myself.
Old 17th December 2015, 12:20   #8418
Senior - BHPian

Try with different cables ( if you have) and different chargers (PC/other wall chargers) and see. Also clean the lighting cable with a clean cloth and blow into the phone socket to get rid of dirt.
Old 17th December 2015, 15:51   #8419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
It is a come problem with the lightning cable,just move the cable a bit & will work was facing this problem myself.
Thanks. so your problem is also recurring? does it go away when the wire alignment is correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Try with different cables ( if you have) and different chargers (PC/other wall chargers) and see. Also clean the lighting cable with a clean cloth and blow into the phone socket to get rid of dirt.
Tried this multiple times. But doesnt help.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:04   #8420
BHPian

Yes the problem was recurring,as suggested by blackswap cleaning the cable used to work for a while then back to square one.
Old 18th December 2015, 19:18   #8421
Distinguished - BHPian

I have experienced multiple problems with these lightning cables. What i have found is that over time, all sort of debris, fluff etc gets stuck in the female connector. Then the male connector wont be able to seat properly. Take a peep with a torch. If you see stuff, switch the device off and carefully pick out all that stuff with a needle or a very small screw driver. It has happened to me multiple times on my iPhone and iPad.

Good luck
Jeroen
Old 21st December 2015, 12:08   #8422
BHPian

6s 64 GB Price has dropped to 60 K at amazon.in , It seems that apple has reduced the price from 72 - 63.Now its available at 60 K at amazon and 51 K at paytm.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/apple-iphon...F_4aApSS8P8HAQ

I am very tempted to book at paytm , but worried about the warranty and return policy . kindly advise

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 21st December 2015 at 12:11.
Old 21st December 2015, 12:18   #8423
Team-BHP Support

A price drop on 6s.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/50262892.cms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I am very tempted to book at paytm , but worried about the warranty and return policy . kindly advise
Look at Croma?
Old 21st December 2015, 14:35   #8424
Team-BHP Support

I got the iPhone 5S for dad today. Unfortunately his 1 months old iPhone 6 was pick pocketed last week.

He didn't want the same expensive piece and asked me to get the cheapest possible.

I saw offers on Flipkart today and picked it up for 14,900. The price on flipkart is 20,499.I got 4K exchange on a very old iphone 4 lying at home. Additional 10% stan chart discount got the final price to 14,900 and I didn't think twice to order one.
Old 21st December 2015, 14:43   #8425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Unfortunately his 1 months old iPhone 6 was pick pocketed last week.
Can you trace the phone? I hope you filed a police complaint.

Pramod
Old 21st December 2015, 15:07   #8426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Can you trace the phone? I hope you filed a police complaint.

Pramod
The phone was off within 5 mins of realizing it was missing and find my iphone shows it offline since the time.

I tried lost mode and remote lock on the phone but those work only if the phone connects to a data connection and goes online. If the guy manages to factory reset it before then neither will work.

No point in lodging police complaint as this was in Banaras UP when we were on vacation. In an unknown city when scheduled to return the next day it's futile.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:21   #8427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I tried lost mode and remote lock on the phone but those work only if the phone connects to a data connection and goes online. If the guy manages to factory reset it before then neither will work.
Rest assured, the thief won't be able to use it anyway other than paper weight. Even while factory reset, you need the computer on which this phone was synced in the first place.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:27   #8428
BHPian

Quote:
The phone was off within 5 mins of realizing it was missing and find my iphone shows it offline since the time.

No point in lodging police complaint as this was in Banaras UP when we were on vacation. In an unknown city when scheduled to return the next day it's futile.

As long as find my iphone was active on the phone, an activation lock is implemented. He will be unable to factory reset the device without apple ID and password.. Even if he knows how to get into recovery mode, it will ask for password on activation.
In short, the phone is a paperweight to that person. Just file a report in your home area, make up a story (unethical, but may work).
Old 21st December 2015, 15:29   #8429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Rest assured, the thief won't be able to use it anyway other than paper weight. Even while factory reset, you need the computer on which this phone was synced in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
As long as find my iphone was active on the phone, an activation lock is implemented. He will be unable to factory reset the device without apple ID and password.. Even if he knows how to get into recovery mode, it will ask for password on activation.
In short, the phone is a paperweight to that person. Just file a report in your home area, make up a story (unethical, but may work).
Not if he gets the mainboard changed which will cost anywhere between 8-12k or just sell it for chump change to a mobile repair guy.
Old 21st December 2015, 15:31   #8430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I've bought a fair few phones from Paytm, some Apple and some Android. I had issues with some phones (one came with a faulty screen out of the box and just plain didn't like a Sony I had ordered), and the warranty was honored for the iPhone like it should be while Paytm took back the Sony without much fuss. They offer pretty much the best deal online, and given that I use them to pay bills and cab about (Uber zindabad), I am a regular on the site. I wouldn't be worried about buying a phone from them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks