Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2016, 05:36   #8506
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
iOS 9.3 isn't out, but an interim update 9.2.1 is:
Good they released 9.2.1. Am yet to get around to this one though.

My iPhone5S was updated to iOS 9.2 a couple of weeks ago, and its been horrible. I've seen apps (FB in particular) crash randomly, and quite frequently. This was not an issue till this so-called update.
Old 21st January 2016, 13:46   #8507
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
For the price difference, the 6S makes better sense. Has better camera and have heard it is better built, plus has lots of features, I too would have to Google or some of our BHPians who are verse with Apple will point out. There is 3D touch thing as well.
If one doesn't need 3D touch which i find a bit gimmicky, then the iPhone 6 is a good option, this is what i've been told! Faster processor,better camera is what i lose out on the 6s.
I'm still a bit confused as to which one to buy & when. The guys at Croma told me there might be a sale on 26th January. 45k-55k is my budget!
Old 21st January 2016, 14:15   #8508
BHPian

There is nothing big with 3d touch , you can just ignore the feature . The camera is real difference I think but in 6s i have not seen any really difference with camera .
Also the camera for 5s and 6 are same . If you get good deal on 5s its still a very good phone .
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...03758/review/6

Last edited by csnanjappa : 21st January 2016 at 14:17.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:23   #8509
Senior - BHPian

You are better off with the 6S, because future additions will revolve around 3D force touch. Its at its infancy now. So future upgrades will be for 6S and onwards. If you see Apple has implemented this into almost every aspect of IOS 9. Camera sensor is larger, live photos, 4k video. Also the phone is damn fast, with the latest processor. I'm loving it
Old 21st January 2016, 14:44   #8510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
If one doesn't need 3D touch which i find a bit gimmicky, then the iPhone 6 is a good option, this is what i've been told! Faster processor,better camera is what i lose out on the 6s.
I'm still a bit confused as to which one to buy & when. The guys at Croma told me there might be a sale on 26th January. 45k-55k is my budget!

Paytm has good cashback offers for the 6S.
16gb is around 35k.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:47   #8511
BHPian

Quote:
Was in the same boat as you - decided on 6S+ but ended up buying a One Plus X

Honestly, 6s is fast but apart from that, there isn't any huge incremental difference between 6s & 6. Usual upgraded items - Camera, touch id are in every model. The lack of OIS is a big big bummer for me. I decided to wait for the next iteration I expect quick charging & OIS and a better form factor.

If you still want to buy the 6 or 6s - go for the 64gb model.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 21st January 2016 at 14:48.
Old 21st January 2016, 14:59   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Let me add something. I have been using Iphone 6 for 1+ year and just bought a 6S for my mom. The difference between the two now stands at roughly 7k which in my opinion is worth spending for a faster and better experience. The 6s is definitely quicker and has a better camera plus added features. You should definitely go for the newer one IMO.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:00   #8513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Was in the same boat as you - decided on 6S+ but ended up buying a One Plus X

. The lack of OIS is a big big bummer for me. I decided to wait for the next iteration .

6s+ has OIS I believe. Only 6s doesn't have it.
While one plus x is a cheap and good smartphone,it really disappoints in camera front. The only usp I see in it is premium design and build.
Old 21st January 2016, 15:07   #8514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I expect quick charging & OIS and a better form factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
While one plus x is a cheap and good smartphone,it really disappoints in camera front. The only usp I see in it is premium design and build.
iPhone 6+ has OIS as well.

As I said earlier, most incremental software upgrades will revolve around Force Touch; so if you're getting anything but 6s onwards, you will lose out.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st January 2016 at 15:08.
Old 21st January 2016, 18:18   #8515
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you still want to buy the 6 or 6s - go for the 64gb model.
Honestly, 64gb is way too much space. Wish there was a 32gb iPhone.
Are there any iPhone 16gb users out here? Wanted to know how they have been managing with that much memory.
Old 21st January 2016, 18:32   #8516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are there any iPhone 16gb users out here? Wanted to know how they have been managing with that much memory.
I have a 16gb ipad . It's tough. Any decent game/app and it gets full. Even installing updates requires deleting some apps/connecting to iTunes. And mind you, I don't take pics or keep any music/movies on it.

It'll be always better to take the one higher storage then you think you need.

But, If you don't play games, it'll be manageable but will still require moving photos off the phone once a while.

You'll get 12Gb to use out of 16Gb.
Old 21st January 2016, 19:05   #8517
BHPian

I have 6S 16 GB got it cheap during thanks giving deal . Its just a stop gap , i am planning to buy a 7 with 64Gb when it launches. Managing memory in 16 Gb iOS devices is difficult, OS itself takes around 5GB and only 11 is left. If you are just using for messages and calls and some pics its ok . But if you need large library of songs and games its very difficult . Need for Speed and FIFA 15 need almost 4 GB of space , so you can assume what you are left with.
Old 21st January 2016, 19:21   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
I've iPhone 6 with 16gb. I don't recommend others to buy 16gb. I've to backup my pics and delete them from phone often. Can install only one game at a time. If I'm going on a trip and am gonna click a lot of pics, I delete the game. I can't afford to keep a music library.

You can manage with 16gb surely but you have to constantly juggle like I do. It certainly is advisable to go for 64gb.
Old 21st January 2016, 20:58   #8519
Distinguished - BHPian

If there is one thing I have learned the hard way is that I always get every device, be it a phone, tablet, laptop or whatever with the maximum onboard storage capacity.

Jeroen
Old 22nd January 2016, 10:46   #8520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
iPhone 6+ has OIS as well.
Correct 6S+ has OIS and that was combined with a bigger battery was the reason I wanted to buy it - but then once I held the thing up - it is practically unusable for me due to size. And let me add, I am used to decent sized phones from college (P900, P910, N900.. etc)

Quote:
Apple wants to rake in more moolah - so they went without a 32GB version. It is also expected that the 16GB would be phased out this year. Hence the decision to defer my purchase of the iphone. Let me add - no phone is perfect but it should atleast cover all basics well.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 22nd January 2016 at 10:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks