Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2016, 06:15   #8686
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I'm getting an iPhone from someone who has lost the bill but it is an otherwise sealed piece. It is being sold at a 25% discount to what paytm etc would've charged for it, so the deal is yummy. The only question is whether just checking the warranty status on the Apple website is enough to claim warranty in the future?
Unless it is not an Indian phone, you should be okay otherwise. Warranty check on Apple's website is enough. If you do not agree with the warranty period on the support website, you need to have supporting proof of purchase to claim warranty for the period specified between the date of purchase and warranty duration.
Old 6th March 2016, 10:23   #8687
Senior - BHPian

I have an iPhone 6 brought from US and 4G/LTE used to be not available. My network provider (Airtel) used to tell me that US phones will not have this feature for now. These days though I see 4G/LTE available in some of the areas. Seems that the network bandwidth range has been upgraded!
Old 6th March 2016, 10:39   #8688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I have an iPhone 6 brought from US and 4G/LTE used to be not available.
this is not true by Airtel, my 6 plus is from the US and has worked on LTE since the day 4G was launched in Chennai.
Old 7th March 2016, 12:07   #8689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
My friend has finally found the problem. Whatsapp, which apparently was occupying only "500mb" was the culprit. After deleting Whatsapp, he found 2.9gb of free space. Prior to deleting, it was 0 bytes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Guys, did you update whatsapp in the recent past? Today got an update for whatsapp indicating a fix for abnormally high usage of storage space in the phone. Maybe that's what is causing the melee!
Thanks! Updating whatsapp has fixed the issue.

My better half too is thinking of shifting to iPhone 5S now, as her Moto G2 is acting up. This is her third Android to give up in 3 years. Hence the shift to Apple! It is available for 20499 on flipkart today, minus 2700 exchange value of the Moto. We also have some gift vouchers, so the effective price will be sub 14K.
Old 7th March 2016, 13:35   #8690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Thanks! Updating whatsapp has fixed the issue.

My better half too is thinking of shifting to iPhone 5S now, as her Moto G2 is acting up. This is her third Android to give up in 3 years. Hence the shift to Apple! It is available for 20499 on flipkart today, minus 2700 exchange value of the Moto. We also have some gift vouchers, so the effective price will be sub 14K.
Good to know that your problem is sorted. Last week, I upgraded from a 3 year old iPhone 5 to a 5s and I am happy as always. I exchanged it at Flipkart and the buy-back for the old phone was 6200 INR.
Old 7th March 2016, 15:18   #8691
BHPian

maybe a dumb que - are these exchange offers in Flipkart/amazon on original handsets? i saw one today where iphone 5s was being sold at ~14K after exchange. called up iPlanet and asked them for a retail price and they quoted 28K

so are these discounted products on e-retailer websites genuine products?
Old 7th March 2016, 15:22   #8692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have an iPhone 6 brought from US and 4G/LTE used to be not available.
Quote:
this is not true by Airtel, my 6 plus is from the US and has worked on LTE since the day 4G was launched in Chennai
iPhones bought outside India may or may not work in all circles , strangely Airtel / Other network providers have different operating frequencies probably. Whenever you visit Airtel store , you can key your IMEI number and check states / area where this will work. So something that works in chennai might not work in Delhi
Old 7th March 2016, 17:17   #8693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
iPhones bought outside India may or may not work in all circles ,
No such issues since iPhone 6, chips are updated to work around the globe. Yes older phone had this issue, newer phones works across networks and frequency.
Old 7th March 2016, 18:31   #8694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
maybe a dumb que - are these exchange offers in Flipkart/amazon on original handsets? i saw one today where iphone 5s was being sold at ~14K after exchange. called up iPlanet and asked them for a retail price and they quoted 28K

so are these discounted products on e-retailer websites genuine products?
Yes. I bought one a couple of months ago. They are indeed genuine.
Old 7th March 2016, 18:37   #8695
BHPian

Planning to buy a iPhone 6S 64GB over the weekend. What is the lowest price for which it is retailing and where? The lowest I have found till now is 55k.
Old 7th March 2016, 19:03   #8696
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
The lowest I have found till now is 55k.
In which shop did you find it so low? Its available on e-commerce sites for around 55k.
Old 7th March 2016, 19:05   #8697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
In which shop did you find it so low? Its available on e-commerce sites for around 55k.
Checked it at shops in Irla. Most shops quoted 55k. Some say more for specific colours and then come down to 55k. Most e-commerce sites are selling for more unless you want the rose gold colour which is around 53.5k.
Old 7th March 2016, 19:12   #8698
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Checked it at shops in Irla. Most shops quoted 55k.
I was a bit averse to buying from e-commerce sites initially but i am playing the waiting game since i am going to Dubai later this month & if the prices there are substantially lower i might buy one even though warranty won't be valid here.
I hope the shops selling the iPhone in Irla have valid India warranty.
Old 7th March 2016, 20:12   #8699
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to buy a iPhone 6S 64GB over the weekend. What is the lowest price for which it is retailing and where? The lowest I have found till now is 55k.
I bought the iPhone 6 plus 64 GB in Dec 2014 for 62K after a 9K INR cashback from PayTm. Also got it replaced once after a couple of months due to a manufacturing issue under warranty.
Old 7th March 2016, 20:56   #8700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No such issues since iPhone 6, chips are updated to work around the globe
I am referring to my iPhone 6S bought from Canada at time of launch , don't know if things have changed after that. My 4 G will work in Delhi NCR and not in Punjab , this is what Airtel store told me when i went to get my SIM upgraded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks