Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:47   #8806
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I thought iphone 6 is not openable?! Mine wasnt!

iPhone has no openable back cover. Two things:
Of course not openable in the literal sense. You need tools, else go to you friendly neighbourhood technician and ask him to open and dry it off.
My Dad's iphone was kept on the window ledge and while watering the plants it got soaked. It was 11 months later that it started to fail. The first indication was failure to connect to usb ( even though it would charge) and that is when the iphone service centre mention liquid damage. Till then we were oblivious.
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:54   #8807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
iPhone has no openable back cover. Two things:
a. cover the headphone jack and the lightning connector. rice should not get in there.
b. polished rice >>>> unpolished. the latter has too much husk (?) / powder which can get inside the phone.
Thank you.., I should have made it more clear; I mean the protective back cover add-on

I will continue to keep it in the rice bag, and then take it to a local repair shop on Monday to check. Meanwhile, got a Rose Gold 6S today as the replacement.
Old 8th April 2016, 17:37   #8808
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please suggest best & simplest way to transfer contacts from Samsung S3 to iPhone 6s?
Was trying to sync contacts with gmail, in the process some contacts have mysteriously disappeared from my phone as well as gmail!
Old 8th April 2016, 17:53   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Guys, please suggest best & simplest way to transfer contacts from Samsung S3 to iPhone 6s?
Was trying to sync contacts with gmail, in the process some contacts have mysteriously disappeared from my phone as well as gmail!
iCloud can import vCard files. Have you tried exporting your contacts to vCard directly from S3?
Old 8th April 2016, 18:49   #8810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Download an app from the Android play store called "move to iOS".
2) Your 6S will create a private wifi network and find your nearby Android
device.
3) After you enter a security code, it will transfer your content and put it in the
right places.

You can transfer contacts, message history, camera photos/videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts and calendar's.

Welcome to Apple

Cheers
Old 8th April 2016, 20:03   #8811
BHPian

Quote:
There one more easy way to do it and it is pretty useful . From your S3 sync your contacts with your google account . Once you move to iPhone 6S you can set your contacts to be synched with google contacts . In case you want to move to android again your contacts would always be synched .
Old 8th April 2016, 20:52   #8812
BHPian

Quote:
COPYMYDATA application is what I have used and works very well. Just download on both platforms and follow the instructions.
Old 8th April 2016, 21:49   #8813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
a. cover the headphone jack and the lightning connector. rice should not get in there.
b. polished rice >>>> unpolished. the latter has too much husk (?) / powder which can get inside the phone.
Took the phone to an iPhonefix shop near my office; they opened the phone, cleaned up and tried reviving but nothing happened. Even tried with a different battery but it failed to charge up. So no choice, got a 6S Rose Gold as a replacement.
Old 9th April 2016, 05:53   #8814
BHPian

Quote:

As shreyak_ss said, COPYMYDATA application is the easiest way to transfer the data/contacts. I have used it multiple times for iOS to android and vice versa.
Its very simple and intuitive to use.
Old 9th April 2016, 10:31   #8815
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
1) Download an app from the Android play store called "move to iOS".
I did that, but i clicked 'setup as new iphone' instead of 'move from android devices'! Wonder if there was a way around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
From your S3 sync your contacts with your google account .
I did sync, but couldn't get those contacts into my iPhone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
COPYMYDATA application is what I have used and works very well. Just download on both platforms and follow the instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
As shreyak_ss said, COPYMYDATA application is the easiest way to transfer the data/contacts.
Finally downloaded the COPYMYDATA app, this was really seamless & simple & I succeeded in transferring all my contacts well past midnight. All is well that ends well.
Thanks guys for all the help. I guess i will be a regular visitor to this thread now in the coming weeks.
Old 11th April 2016, 07:10   #8816
Team-BHP Support

I updated my 5S to iOS 9.3.1. Not sure if i should be expecting anything significant.
Old 11th April 2016, 09:31   #8817
BANNED

A bit OT but since it relates to a certain Steve Jobs I could not resist.

I am reading Zero to One by Peter Thiel (one of the founders of PayPal). He says for Jobs, 'But all this eccentricity backfired on him in 1985: Apple's board kicked Jobs out of his own company when he clashed with the professional CEO brought in to provide adult supervision.'. Thiel goes on to say,'Instead Jobs introduced the iPod (2001), the iPhone (2007), and the iPad (2010) ...."
Old 11th April 2016, 15:25   #8818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I updated my 5S to iOS 9.3.1. Not sure if i should be expecting anything significant.
Nothing much the update was a trivial 24 MB in size and was more targeted to a security bug fix. Will wait for the iOS 10
Old 11th April 2016, 15:59   #8819
BHPian

Since last few days, Airtel 4G on my phone is gone BAD to Pathetic. I am not sure its phone or Airtel. I am not able to book cabs, Whatsapp takes ages to connect. I update to latest upgrade in ios, I am not sure its because of that or something else

Anyone here facing anything like this?
Old 11th April 2016, 18:33   #8820
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I am unable to make a Calendar entry in my iPhone 6s as the + button can't be clicked as its grey, not red! What is the solution? Went to Settings-Mail, Contacts, doesn't seem to work!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks