Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 18:43   #8821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I am unable to make a Calendar entry in my iPhone 6s as the + button can't be clicked as its grey, not red! What is the solution? Went to Settings-Mail, Contacts, doesn't seem to work!

First make sure you have enabled calendar sync in atleast one account (icloud or google) by going to settings>mails,contacts,calendars> acoounts and enable calendar in whatever account you want.

Now go to calendar app, tap calendar button at the bottom and select one calendar. Now you can add events to the calendar
Old 11th April 2016, 20:23   #8822
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Since last few days, Airtel 4G on my phone is gone BAD to Pathetic. I am not sure its phone or Airtel. I am not able to book cabs, Whatsapp takes ages to connect. I update to latest upgrade in ios, I am not sure its because of that or something else

Anyone here facing anything like this?

Just read on the net, many people are facing problems with 9.3.1 upgrade and looks like I am also among the unlucky ones. This is the first time I faced problem with i.o.s and I am using iphone since last 5 years. Currently on 6s. Hope it get rectified soon. its really embarrassing when cheap Chinese phones are able to do stuff whereas my so called high-end device is stuck

-Ijeet
Old 11th April 2016, 21:54   #8823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Just read on the net, many people are facing problems with 9.3.1 upgrade and looks like I am also among the unlucky ones. This is the first time I faced problem with i.o.s and I am using iphone since last 5 years. Currently on 6s. Hope it get rectified soon. its really embarrassing when cheap Chinese phones are able to do stuff whereas my so called high-end device is stuck

-Ijeet

I think you should cut them some slack, seeing as it is the first problem you are facing in 5 years. Don't worry though, a fix will be available soon. That is one thing that apple is good at, proactive fixing of issues.
I say that because I too am using 9.3.1 on my iPad as well as iPhone but have not faced any problems as such.
At the end of the day, the cheap Chinese phones do not offer the seamless experience that you get with Apple.
Old 13th April 2016, 08:27   #8824
BHPian

Is anyone facing battery drain since 9.3.1 update?

My 6s used to last 24 hours despite considerable usage for music, voice calls and whatsapp. Now it reaches 30% by late afternoon and hence I'm charging intermediately to get through a day!
Old 13th April 2016, 09:18   #8825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post

My 6s used to last 24 hours despite considerable usage for music, voice calls and whatsapp. Now it reaches 30% by late afternoon and hence I'm charging intermediately to get through a day!
Yes, I am also having to charge my phone more since the update. Apparently, its a well reported issue, so we should see a fix in the next update.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/04...-need-to-know/
Old 13th April 2016, 10:56   #8826
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Is it so? I am yet to update my week old 6s. Perhaps i should delay this update or maybe not update at all if the battery drain is an issue!
Old 13th April 2016, 11:30   #8827
BHPian

Me too! Battery used to last from 6-7 am till about 9-10 pm , now its down to 20-25% by about 4-5 pm.
Old 13th April 2016, 12:14   #8828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Is it so? I am yet to update my week old 6s. Perhaps i should delay this update or maybe not update at all if the battery drain is an issue!
Yes please. There are quite a few of us having this issue since the update.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:04   #8829
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a very bad experience with my wife's iPhone 6 charger cable. It became unusable barely 9 months after purchase. Looks like someone chewed into it at both ends: the wire coating has frayed and started peeling off.

Apple care just refused to replace it though the phone is under warranty. In fact one sympathetic lady at their Aundh service centre told my wife that it's a common complaint for iPhone 6 users and that the replacement should come through. But they just denied it, despite us escalating the issue. Friends tell me that iPhone charger cables are never replaced under warranty.

Original costs nearly 2 grand, so went and bought a cable only replacement off Amazon (recommended by mobike008) for 600 or so. Doing the job, but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

For what its worth, my iPod first gen charger (ca 2008) is still fit and fine despite being used daily in my car (and subject to the vagaries of Indian summer!) even now. I have been told that it's just the newer generation chargers that suffer this problem. Even my 2-year old iPhone 5s charger is fine.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:12   #8830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Had a very bad experience with my wife's iPhone 6 charger cable. It became unusable barely 9 months after purchase. Looks like someone chewed into it at both ends: the wire coating has frayed and started peeling off.

Apple care just refused to replace it though the phone is under warranty. In fact one sympathetic lady at their Aundh service centre told my wife that it's a common complaint for iPhone 6 users and that the replacement should come through. But they just denied it, despite us escalating the issue. Friends tell me that iPhone charger cables are never replaced under warranty.

Original costs nearly 2 grand, so went and bought a cable only replacement off Amazon (recommended by mobike008) for 600 or so. Doing the job, but it leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

For what its worth, my iPod first gen charger (ca 2008) is still fit and fine despite being used daily in my car (and subject to the vagaries of Indian summer!) even now. I have been told that it's just the newer generation chargers that suffer this problem. Even my 2-year old iPhone 5s charger is fine.

Its quite elementary, and IMHO even iPhone 5 suffers from the same, per a couple of friends. Try this solution:
The iPhone Thread-coev7lnwoaayz7x.jpg

1 year and still going strong!
Old 13th April 2016, 13:24   #8831
BHPian

There's been some news about iPhone corporate lease scheme in leading websites since yesterday. Apparently it was in newspapers too!

Quote:

Under a 24-month plan, a 16GB iPhone SE, announced in March and released in India on April 8, sells for 999 rupees per month. In addition, 16GB versions of existing iPhone 6 and 6s models are also eligible and go for 1,199 rupees and 1,399 rupees per month, respectively.

The arrangement is restricted to corporations, and potential buyers looking to take advantage of the deal must contact Apple prior to making a purchase.
Is there a down payment involved? Does the user get to retain the phone after two year lease period? Is there a payment required at the end of the lease period? Why restrict this to only corporates?

Apple can't possible offer a phone with a selling price of Rs.39K at Rs. 24K that too paid via installments. What's the catch here?
Old 13th April 2016, 13:25   #8832
Senior - BHPian

Is it worth renting an iPhone?
iPhone SE for Rs 999 a month for two years. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S -- on similar leasing plans for two years at Rs 1,199 and Rs 1,399 a month, respectively.

http://www.digit.in/mobile-phones/co...dia-29764.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/t...w/51792685.cms

Links form Digit & TOI

Edit:
Just saw your post after I posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
iPhone corporate lease scheme
Quote:
Is there a down payment involved?
Since it's a "lease" and not "finance" there is probably no downpayment.

Quote:
Does the user get to retain the phone after two year lease period?
Quote:
Is there a payment required at the end of the lease period?
I'm guessing that like all leasing plans, this will give the option of either returning the phone or paying some amount and retaining it.

Quote:
Why restrict this to only corporates?
Probably the company will have tie up with Apple and that way they have some control on who gets the phone. Imagine if a lot of people take the phone and stop paying the lease, how will Apple catch them.

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 13th April 2016 at 13:35.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:51   #8833
BHPian

Quote:
My wife's IP5 (approaching 3 years now) suffered the same fate within a year. She has just taped the fraying ends with medical plaster tape and been using the cable (charging, etc. works fine). Helps that we have a second cable which is still in good condition.

@phamilyman, interesting solution! Though I am a little surprised to see that the spring does not cut into the flimsy sheath.

My observation is that the cables they provide in the box with the IPhone appear to be of an inferior quality to the aftermarket Apple cables that you can buy separately. This was not the case in the Ipod (my daughter still uses our 8 year old Ipod touch with the original cable).
Old 13th April 2016, 14:32   #8834
BHPian

Quote:
Why restrict this to only corporates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Probably the company will have tie up with Apple and that way they have some control on who gets the phone. Imagine if a lot of people take the phone and stop paying the lease, how will Apple catch them.
It's not just to reduce the risk of non-payment.
Tie up with corporate will give them volume. For example, there may be a condition that this is applicable only if a minimum no of 50 or 100 units are purchased/leased. Also it will become a repeat business, as most companies renew such agreements year-on-year.
Old 13th April 2016, 15:59   #8835
BHPian

Quote:

Yes. It was a common issue with all my old cables, so much so that I haven't used my new cables at all. It adds to the resale value, having a brand new cable inside.. I don't even use the provided charger and use an Aukey high speed 3 port usb charger.

Search for MfI cables on amazon.in. I have been using a tukzer cable for the last 2 years and it is stellar.

Alternatively, I have this on a few old apple cables that are being used.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-...576978120.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks