Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 21:43   #8851
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Two of colleagues who shifted recently to apple and are using Iphone 6 models, are complainign about one issue. That their deviced randomly place calls to a contact from the ones saved on the phone, when according to them the phone is in idle mode. For one of the colleagues, that number dialled was the same one over and over again across many days and still continues to do so. The other colleague's phone is randomly selevting. In both cases the numbers are usualy selected from names starting with A, possibly as they would be the ones at the top of the list. Is this a known issue with the Iphone 6 or are they both missing out on some setting since they are new to apple.
This is likely a result of a defective screen or water damage to the phone. If under warranty, they should take it to Apple service center.
Old 28th April 2016, 22:29   #8852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Hi,

Please recommend some good app for the camera, something which you have used.

Basically looking at not much fancy stuff, maybe something which could make some nice collages, stuff like that.

Tried to install some of the free apps, but the ads in them put me off.

Please suggest.

Regards
Shailesh

For collages and for square fills, picsart is good. But for some good editing, I recommend Aviary since it's got some nice amount of effects which can be merged to bring out a really nice photo and it also doesn't have ads. You can try out Adobe Lightroom as well.
Old 28th April 2016, 23:12   #8853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Basically looking at not much fancy stuff, maybe something which could make some nice collages, stuff like that.

Please suggest.

Regards
Shailesh
Layout by instagram. Good for simple layouts, not fancy collages
Old 30th April 2016, 12:11   #8854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Guys, I need your advice. Thinking of buying iPhone 6s for the Mrs.
If you are still in the deciding mode, opt for the 64GB. 16GB is just not sufficient these days. After 3 months, you will start to realise the shortage in space, once your photo and videos start building up.

I bought 2 x 128GB 6S from Paytm ( one for wifey and 1 for her sister). At 65000 less 8000 cashback, it is the most reasonable price currently. I am repenting my 64GB purchase a few months ago for 54000.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:29   #8855
Senior - BHPian

How does one restricts mobile data usage automatically in iphone upon reaching a predefined limit?
I am not able to find much about this on the internet.
Old 30th April 2016, 12:53   #8856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
How does one restricts mobile data usage automatically in iphone upon reaching a predefined limit?

There is no way you can do it in iPhone, since people use iMessage in other countries and turning off automatically would stop receiving iMessage. You can only see how much you have used under Settings>Mobile. Reset stats(scroll to bottom of the same page) every month or keep note of used data to monitor your usage. Jailbreak allows a widget on status bar to monitor but no automatic off for the same mentioned reason
Old 30th April 2016, 13:15   #8857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Do a search on app store for data monitor. Maybe one of the apps will have the option to l force shut data usage. As far as I know, most of them will inform you about your usage, rather than shutting it off at a preset limit.
If you are Vodafone, they do send reminders at 80% onwards. Their phone app ( which I haven't tried) should also have a data monitor.
Old 30th April 2016, 13:17   #8858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
If you are still in the deciding mode, opt for the 64GB. 16GB is just not sufficient these days. After 3 months, you will start to realise the shortage in space, once your photo and videos start building up.

I bought 2 x 128GB 6S from Paytm ( one for wifey and 1 for her sister). At 65000 less 8000 cashback, it is the most reasonable price currently. I am repenting my 64GB purchase a few months ago for 54000.

I myself have an iPhone 6s Plus 64 gb. But wifey doesn't need that much space. She never used an sd card on her 3 year old 16gb Xperia zl. Actually this guy I am planning to buy the phone from already owes me 3500 bucks, from my earlier purchase. So kinda leaning over towards him.
Old 30th April 2016, 20:01   #8859
BHPian

Guys, Apple india have started repairs for iPhones in india. They no longer provide replacements under warranty for faulty phones. I have a dead pixel in my 64gb iPhone 6S and they only offered me to replacer the screen. This has started from last week it seems and this completely makes the purchase of an iPhone pointless especially when you buy apple for the sake of hassle free replacements when there is an issue.
Old 1st May 2016, 05:58   #8860
BHPian

You can try Snapseed or VSCO.
They consistently figure in several best iPhone camera lists.

Quote:
Hi,

Please suggest.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 1st May 2016, 06:41   #8861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Guys, Apple india have started repairs for iPhones in india. They no longer provide replacements under warranty for faulty phones. I have a dead pixel in my 64gb iPhone 6S and they only offered me to replacer the screen. This has started from last week it seems and this completely makes the purchase of an iPhone pointless especially when you buy apple for the sake of hassle free replacements when there is an issue.
If Apple has opened a full-fledged repair center, thats great news! It will mean much cheaper post-warranty repairs & lower costs in future.

Not getting a replacement phone is not a big deal if repair is done by manufacturer with OEM parts.
Old 1st May 2016, 09:49   #8862
BHPian

Quote:

Display replacement is a fairly straightforward repair. With the right tools, it takes them 15 minutes to do so. What ive been told is that, apple repairs displays if they have the spares in stock. In case of no spares, they will still replace the device. They will stop replacement for battery problems.
Old 1st May 2016, 11:53   #8863
BHPian

Quote:
They always repaired things that could be replaced. I have had them change the battery when it had puffed up on an iP5, whereas they have replaced a 5C for screen issues due to logic board errors.
One of my phones had liquid damage and they replaced the phone at cost ( 21000 for iphone 5s 16GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
If Apple has opened a full-fledged repair center, thats great news! It will mean much cheaper post-warranty repairs & lower costs in future.

Not getting a replacement phone is not a big deal if repair is done by manufacturer with OEM parts.
Apple has 3rd party authorised service centres like Nyasa and few others in many parts of Mumbai. All warranty issues are sorted by them.Post warranty phones and apple products are also handled by them at a charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Display replacement is a fairly straightforward repair. With the right tools, it takes them 15 minutes to do so. What ive been told is that, apple repairs displays if they have the spares in stock. In case of no spares, they will still replace the device. They will stop replacement for battery problems.
True that.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 1st May 2016 at 11:54.
Old 1st May 2016, 13:48   #8864
BHPian

Ordered iPhone 5S from Amazon, but a day later found that they are selling refurbished 5S iPhones

Called Amazon but the was the guy had no clue. For the time being I have cancelled the order.
I read the news about Apple’s application for selling refurbished products. Have they got the permission and started selling? was this the reason for the huge price cut of 5S

Link to Amazon India:
http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-5s...tronics&sr=1-1
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-5s-refurbished.jpg  

Last edited by S.MJet : 1st May 2016 at 13:58.
Old 1st May 2016, 14:05   #8865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Ordered iPhone 5S from Amazon, but a day later found that they are selling refurbished 5S iPhones

Called Amazon but the was the guy had no clue. For the time being I have cancelled the order.
I read the news about Apple's application for selling refurbished products. Have they got the permission and started selling? was this the reason for the huge price cut of 5S

Link to Amazon India:
http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-5s...tronics&sr=1-1
That is not a refurbished iPhone! They do sell refurbished phones but those are sold as refurbished and it cannot be confused with a new phone. Besides, they don't have refurbished iPhone stock as of now

Most Viewed