Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:51   #8866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Display replacement is a fairly straightforward repair. With the right tools, it takes them 15 minutes to do so. What ive been told is that, apple repairs displays if they have the spares in stock. In case of no spares, they will still replace the device. They will stop replacement for battery problems.

Well if it was just a 15 minutes repair, it would have been great.But, what I've been told is that, I'll have to give the phone for two whole weeks for the repair to be done. It seems the repair will not be done by the service center where you give the phone. They open the phone up first to check for any liquid damage and once their tests are done, the phone will be sent to a central facility somewhere in the country to get the parts replaced. I'm ok with all this, but two weeks? We get replacements in two days.
Old 2nd May 2016, 07:03   #8867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Ordered iPhone 5S from Amazon, but a day later found that they are selling refurbished 5S iPhones

Called Amazon but the was the guy had no clue. For the time being I have cancelled the order.
I read the news about Apple's application for selling refurbished products. Have they got the permission and started selling? was this the reason for the huge price cut of 5S

Link to Amazon India:
http://www.amazon.in/Apple-iPhone-5s...tronics&sr=1-1
It's a new iPhone. I am seeing that same image for moto g3 phones too. Probably it's a mistake .
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:46   #8868
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Do a search on app store for data monitor. Maybe one of the apps will have the option to l force shut data usage. As far as I know, most of them will inform you about your usage, rather than shutting it off at a preset limit.
If you are Vodafone, they do send reminders at 80% onwards. Their phone app ( which I haven't tried) should also have a data monitor.
Thanks, I searched and realized the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid93 View Post
There is no way you can do it in iPhone, since people use iMessage in other countries and turning off automatically would stop receiving iMessage. You can only see how much you have used under Settings>Mobile. Reset stats(scroll to bottom of the same page) every month or keep note of used data to monitor your usage. Jailbreak allows a widget on status bar to monitor but no automatic off for the same mentioned reason
I am surprised that such a basic functionality (present even on often lamented Windows phone) is not present on iPhone.
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:43   #8869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
It's a new iPhone. I am seeing that same image for moto g3 phones too. Probably it's a mistake .
The image is not there for 6 & 6S, not sure what kind of mistake it could be.
Its been five days I called up Amazon, have not received any clarification yet.
Old 2nd May 2016, 16:00   #8870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
The image is not there for 6 & 6S, not sure what kind of mistake it could be.
Its been five days I called up Amazon, have not received any clarification yet.
Oh! Did you try flipkart or amazon? Nowadays iPhone prices are almost similar in online and retail stores. Did you check with any retail stores?
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:11   #8871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Oh! Did you try flipkart or amazon? Nowadays iPhone prices are almost similar in online and retail stores. Did you check with any retail stores?
They have removed the image now, however got the phone from a local retail store. Yes the prices are almost same, got it for 23K, 5S 16GB silver.
Old 16th May 2016, 20:21   #8872
Team-BHP Support

Saw few updates that on iPhone, truecaller works as it does in an android.
Means that whenever someone calls & the no isn't saved, truecaller will search for the details as it does in android.

Have the updated truecaller.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:01   #8873
BHPian

Facing major issues with my iPhone 5S 16 GB. For the last few weeks, phone kept showing "iPhone storage full" whenever i tried opening whatsapp or camera. Facebook app too kept crashing.

I kept deleting photos, videos, songs, apps all this while. But no use.

Took the phone to the service centre and they did a firmware update and reset the factory settings. Took a back up from my laptop iTunes, and again the same issue. Last 2 days was not able to make outgoing calls as well!

Again reset everything and took the contacts backup from iCloud.

Now, with a fresh phone i installed only whatsapp and facebook apps. Upon checking the phone storage, it is showing "1.8 GB in Others" in iTunes, laptop.

I am simply baffled as to where and what is taking up this "Others". As it is we cant see what is stored.

Quite frankly I am majorly pissed with this iPhone for random data storage and wierd backups.

Also, from where can i change my credit card details in my account?
Old 17th May 2016, 10:14   #8874
Team-BHP Support

Finally 'upgraded' from my iPhone 4S to a humble Oppo F1+ that seems to better my friend's new 6S in almost every aspect while costing about 30% of the price.

Didn't see a single reason to stick with Apple products- I felt they have good products but priced way more than their worth. So it's a bye from me for now.
Old 17th May 2016, 21:36   #8875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Didn't see a single reason to stick with Apple products- I felt they have good products but priced way more than their worth. So it's a bye from me for now.
I had a brief stint with Android in between my 5 & 6s. After 3 months, rather than tearing my hair out, with the poor app quality and battery issues and user unfriendly interface, I decided to return back to iOs. But that could be because I was using a kitkat version. Have no experience of L or M os. No way, I am trying out Android again. I would rather pay more and enjoy, than to spend my time on the internet, trying to figure out efficient ways to make my device efficient.
Old 18th May 2016, 01:54   #8876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I had a brief stint with Android in between my 5 & 6s. After 3 months, rather than tearing my hair out, with the poor app quality and battery issues and user unfriendly interface, I decided to return back to iOs. But that could be because I was using a kitkat version. Have no experience of L or M os. No way, I am trying out Android again. I would rather pay more and enjoy, than to spend my time on the internet, trying to figure out efficient ways to make my device efficient.
I could not stand the Iphone 6s plus for 2 days.. switched back to my Droid Turbo 2 and it felt like heaven. I know.. You are asking what on earth I'm doing in this thread.. right?

I would buy an iphone or atleast use one when it one day matches the hardware features of an Android phone and when Apple stops being greedy and gets the price right.
Old 18th May 2016, 02:07   #8877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Facing major issues with my iPhone 5S 16 GB. For the last few weeks, phone kept showing "iPhone storage full" whenever i tried opening whatsapp or camera. Facebook app too kept crashing.

I kept deleting photos, videos, songs, apps all this while. But no use.

Took the phone to the service centre and they did a firmware update and reset the factory settings. Took a back up from my laptop iTunes, and again the same issue. Last 2 days was not able to make outgoing calls as well!

Again reset everything and took the contacts backup from iCloud.

Now, with a fresh phone i installed only whatsapp and facebook apps. Upon checking the phone storage, it is showing "1.8 GB in Others" in iTunes, laptop.

I am simply baffled as to where and what is taking up this "Others". As it is we cant see what is stored.

Quite frankly I am majorly pissed with this iPhone for random data storage and wierd backups.

Also, from where can i change my credit card details in my account?
Weird.
Couple of things you could consider:
a. http://wnep.com/2016/04/08/weird-tri...eting-a-thing/

Worked for me (2 attempts took me from ~200 mb to 1 gb free).
b. clear running apps
Step 1: From any screen, press & hold the Sleep/Wake button, until the iPhone’s Shutdown screen comes up. (I’m talking about the Power button available at the top of your device, if you’re owning an iPhone 5S or earlier version. The iPhone 6 and later versions have this button re-positioned on the right side).
Step 2: Now, press & hold the Home Button until the iOS home screen is displayed. This signals that the Random Access Memory flush has been completed!

Last edited by phamilyman : 18th May 2016 at 02:08.
Old 18th May 2016, 08:12   #8878
BHPian

Just got a software update iOS 9.3.2 for the iPhone 6.

Phone seems way much faster than before.

Anybody know which is the best motorcycle mount for the iPhone 6?
Old 18th May 2016, 10:03   #8879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
Just got a software update iOS 9.3.2 for the iPhone 6.

Phone seems way much faster than before.

Anybody know which is the best motorcycle mount for the iPhone 6?

Been waiting for this. When you get a chance to review it, can you let us know about the battery life on iOS 9.3.2? Thanks.!
Old 18th May 2016, 15:49   #8880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
You are asking what on earth I'm doing in this thread.. right?
Not really. I have just turned 40 and matured . I can understand that people have different preferences.

Most Viewed