Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 15:55   #9046
BHPian

The best idea is to get your phone covered under SYSKA gadget secure insurance and enjoy your phone. We almost spend 2000 on a phone cover yet no guarantee, instead pay for insurance and done.

Last year I paid around 2000 for my iPhone syska insurance. Using it without any cover and showing off my beautiful LED Apple logo.
Old 2nd July 2016, 04:40   #9047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
The best idea is to get your phone covered under SYSKA gadget secure insurance and enjoy your phone. We almost spend 2000 on a phone cover yet no guarantee, instead pay for insurance and done.

Last year I paid around 2000 for my iPhone syska insurance. Using it without any cover and showing off my beautiful LED Apple logo.

How do I get my iPhone insured? Do I need to goto a store? Or can this be done online?
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:02   #9048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
How do I get my iPhone insured? Do I need to goto a store? Or can this be done online?

Actually you can't insure your older phone. It has to be done when you purchase brand new phone. It's very effective. I've used SYSKA gadget secure and it's very good. You get brand new replacement phone if you accidentally damage it/lost it/broke it.
Old 2nd July 2016, 11:14   #9049
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
Actually you can't insure your older phone. It has to be done when you purchase brand new phone. It's very effective. I've used SYSKA gadget secure and it's very good. You get brand new replacement phone if you accidentally damage it/lost it/broke it.
I did get my "old" phone insured from OneAssist after 14 months of purchase. Possible as long as its still under warranty, I had taken extended warranty of 1 yr from Apple. Contact your nearest authorized iPhone service or OneAssist
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:01   #9050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I did get my "old" phone insured from OneAssist after 14 months of purchase. Possible as long as its still under warranty, I had taken extended warranty of 1 yr from Apple. Contact your nearest authorized iPhone service or OneAssist

Does it cover physical damage/theft/loss also? If it does then it's good for us, because SYSKA only covers upto one year and only applies on brand new phones.
Old 5th July 2016, 11:06   #9051
BHPian

Anyone here from Bangalore using iPhone 6 model A1586? If yes, are you getting 4G data connection? I got the 4G sim when I bought the iPhone about 2 months ago, but I've never been able to get 4G connection.
Old 5th July 2016, 11:41   #9052
BHPian

How good is Times global insurance for iphones? They give an option for insurance cover upto 3 years, planning to get this for my iphone 6S.
Old 5th July 2016, 12:19   #9053
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I lost my beloved Iphone 6 64 GB which was brought in last november and replaced with a new one this April. Freak incident in Frankfurt airport where I lost my bag with many valuables like my passport, laptop, phone and some other stuff. Now for the implications of this mishap,

1. I cant claim insurance since this happened outside India.

2. My phone was replaced with a new one under warranty - Bad part is I have no idea of the IMEI and serial number of the new phone and icloud shows a part of it only. The German police need it so that they can use it to track it down

Thankfully, I had my trusted Nokia phone in the pocket with my German number - That is my current phone.

Somehow after bitten by the iphone bug, its terrible to think about anything else especially WRT camera, battery life and the magnificent design. Hence, I am planning to dive again. Currently in my radar are:

Iphone 6 - 64GB
Iphone 6+ - 64GB
Iphone 6s - 64GB

Note that I am not ready to spend anything more since this is the second big purchase within a year and I dont want to blow too much money. Two iphones in a year is itself something serious. Out of the three, which is the best option?

I kind of liked the 6+, since the camera has OIS and we get a HD display. But the 6s comes at a similar price. Which one do you guys suggest? Should I go for the 6s just for a processor and 3D touch? And is the camera in the 6s really better apart from the resolution? Please advise.
Old 5th July 2016, 12:40   #9054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I kind of liked the 6+, since the camera has OIS and we get a HD display. But the 6s comes at a similar price. Which one do you guys suggest? Should I go for the 6s just for a processor and 3D touch? And is the camera in the 6s really better apart from the resolution? Please advise.
If you are OK with the smaller display & lack of OIS, I would suggest 6S. I say this because of 3D touch. Apple is progressively improving 3D touch, introducing it into more and more apps, as evident from what we know of iOS 10 till now. 3D touch will keep on getting more useful is the feeling I get.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:48   #9055
Senior - BHPian

Gents,

Need some urgent help. My iPhone is draining battery like crazy. I'm on vacation and the phone drains fully in 7 hours overnight with no usage. This issue started only two days back when I started my vacation. Per a friend's guess I reset network settings. I also got a carrier update from Airtel.

I had replaced the screen two weeks back. The phone is on 9.3.2 and I was getting six hours of usage each day. Here are the latest screen shots.

The iPhone Thread-image.png
Mod request : Unable to attach more than one image in one post through the phone so creating multiple replies. Please merge.

Mod request : Unable to attach more than one image in one post through the phone so creating multiple replies. Please merge.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th July 2016 at 14:09.
Old 9th July 2016, 10:25   #9056
BHPian

Guys, does it make sense to go for the 6s now or should I wait for the 7 to be launched?
Old 9th July 2016, 10:38   #9057
BHPian

Hi Enigmatic, I personally feel you must wait for the iPhone 7. Even if you don't like the 7 chances are the 6s might see a downward price correction once the 7 is launched and you might be able to save some money.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2016 at 11:06. Reason: u > you. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while posting on the forum. Thanks!
Old 9th July 2016, 11:05   #9058
BHPian

If you can wait, wait for iPhone 7. If you can, wait for iPhone 7s. If you can, wait for iPhone 8... mantra for every unnecessary but desirable gadget in our life.
Old 9th July 2016, 21:01   #9059
Senior - BHPian

Today I upgraded my iphone to IOS10 beta version. Apple and many other creditable sites have mentioned that this is a major change . Its too early to say if I like the update but by the initial looks I am liking some of the features.

Some of the feature updates in this version which I have come across are
1. You can simply unlock the phone by placing your finger on the home button instead of clicking it. This needs to be turned on though.
2. Lock screen shows the lock icon as a smaller version and also animates when device is unlocked.
3. Sliding from the lock screen to the left shows up widgets.
4. Messages has provision for digital touch (it may have been available for 6s users already but for users like me who have 6 it came now).
5. Health app is tweaked a bit.

Providing few screenshots:
1. Lock screen
The iPhone Thread-ios-1.jpeg

2. Message app options
The iPhone Thread-ios-2.jpeg

3. Lock screen (airdrop)
The iPhone Thread-ios-3.png

4. Health app
The iPhone Thread-ios-4.png

5. Music app
The iPhone Thread-ios-5.png

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 9th July 2016 at 21:03.
Old 10th July 2016, 11:39   #9060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
First start by ruling out one of the radio receivers ( Mobile, Bluetooth, Wifi) as the culprit by disabling all of them - Airplane mode for an hour and note the consumption pattern. If there is no difference in the consumption, it points to the recent repair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks