Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 14:10   #9076
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I will be collecting the replacement phone from Apple today. How do I know it's a new piece and not a refurbished phone??
I have heard that packing box would be different for the refurbished phones.
Old 21st July 2016, 14:16   #9077
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I will be collecting the replacement phone from Apple today. How do I know it's a new piece and not a refurbished phone??

There is absolutely no guarantee that the phone is not refurbished. They promise a phone in perfect condition, with no cosmetic defects. Cant really help it.
Old 21st July 2016, 14:44   #9078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I have heard that packing box would be different for the refurbished phones.

There is no box. They will only give the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
There is absolutely no guarantee that the phone is not refurbished. They promise a phone in perfect condition, with no cosmetic defects. Cant really help it.

But within the warranty period it should be a new phone
Old 21st July 2016, 15:08   #9079
BHPian

Quote:
But within the warranty period it should be a new phone
Not necessarily. As others have mentioned before, they issue refurbished phones mostly for replacement (new phones are issued normally during the early life cycle of a model - i.e. for a few months after a new model has been launched because they simply don't have any refurbished pieces till then). A refurbished phone is impossible to identify (by an outsider) because they change the casing, screen and battery as part of the refurbishment process.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 21st July 2016 at 15:10.
Old 21st July 2016, 20:09   #9080
Senior - BHPian

Collected the phone. Looks new. At least that's what they claimed. This one has a warranty of 90 days. Only difference between the old phone and this one is there is self declaration printed on the back of the phone

Another update: I checked online and the warranty period mentioned is 1 year from today.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd July 2016 at 11:20.
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:19   #9081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1500 View Post
Guys, do you think that with the launch of iPhone 7 in September, there will be price reduction in iPhone 6s or 6?

I was planning on buying 6s, but want to wait for September. Do you think it's worth the wait? I can wait till October end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Absolutely, the prices will come down. The prices were down couple of months back, then they increased the price of 6 and 6s by 5k each.

Pramod
Had been to a Apple store some time back and the sales person there confirmed that the prices of iPhone 6 and 6S would come down in the month of October once iPhone 7 is launched in India.

Vijay
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:36   #9082
BHPian

Quote:
Another update: I checked online and the warranty period mentioned is 1 year from today.
Are you sure? Asking because - normally for any replacements, only the original (remaining) warranty period is applied (or 90 days, whichever is more) on the replaced phone.
Old 22nd July 2016, 12:52   #9083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Collected the phone. Looks new. At least that's what they claimed. This one has a warranty of 90 days. Only difference between the old phone and this one is there is self declaration printed on the back of the phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Are you sure? Asking because - normally for any replacements, only the original (remaining) warranty period is applied (or 90 days, whichever is more) on the replaced phone.
Surprisingly, when I purchased the extended warranty for my iPhone six months after purchase, the validity of the warranty was two years from that day, so in all I got 2.5 years of warranty on the phone. Way to go apple I thought, unfortunately I lost that phone recently.
Old 22nd July 2016, 13:17   #9084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
It is true. Apple had replaced my 5c because of home button issue, and the warranty of the replaced phone started from the date of replacement.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:10   #9085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Surprisingly, when I purchased the extended warranty for my iPhone six months after purchase, the validity of the warranty was two years from that day, so in all I got 2.5 years of warranty on the phone. Way to go apple I thought, unfortunately I lost that phone recently.
That's weird, since the Apple Care plan provides extended warranty only for one year! Quoting from the Apple Care support page (http://www.apple.com/in/support/products/faqs.html) :

"What is the AppleCare Protection Plan?

The AppleCare Protection Plan is an integrated service and support plan that is backed by Apple and extends the complimentary coverage on your Apple product. The AppleCare Protection Plan for your Mac or Apple display extends your complimentary coverage to three years from your Mac or Apple display purchase date. The AppleCare Protection Plan for your iPhone, iPod or Apple TV extends your complimentary coverage to two years from your iPhone, iPod or Apple TV purchase date."

My own experience with Apple Care (in India) has been consistent with the above statement. Also had to get the phone replaced (due to screen being shattered) and they applied only the remaining warranty period (from original) to the replaced phone (verified it using the warranty check page for new serial number). Point worth noting is - that it takes a week or so for this change to be updated on the new serial number.

Last edited by Puneet.S : 22nd July 2016 at 14:18.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:40   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Had been to a Apple store some time back and the sales person there confirmed that the prices of iPhone 6 and 6S would come down in the month of October once iPhone 7 is launched in India.

Vijay
Hey man, thanks for the info. I am definitely waiting uptill September to see how much iphone 6s comes down to.
Depending on that, it will be either a 6s or 6.

Finally, after 7-8 years of android owned phones, I will be switching to the brighter side for the good now
Old 22nd July 2016, 15:01   #9087
BHPian

Quote:
Hey man, thanks for the info. I am definitely waiting uptill September to see how much iphone 6s comes down to.

Finally, after 7-8 years of android owned phones, I will be switching to the brighter side for the good now
If you are going to buy an iphone, buy the 6s plus. I bought a 6s recently and its battery backup is decent only. I have used the android phones for the past 8 years or so. After the switch to iphone, sometimes I feel the recent android ones are better and offer more value for money. I may keep the iphone for another 4 to 5 months and then move back. Not sure. Evaluate and chose carefully.
Old 22nd July 2016, 17:44   #9088
BHPian

Quote:

The issue is that once Iphone 7 is launched, we will have an itch to go for 7 than 6s and & will be definitely at-least 72k for 64 GB variant. Also nowadays price cut is minimized by many companies. S6 edge still retains its 40k, even after 3 - 4 months of launch of S7. So may be you wont get that much price difference initially. And the wait becomes a never ending wait.. till Iphone 7s.. then to next model.

Now paytm is running good cashback of 7k in 64gb 6s. U can check it out.
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:44   #9089
BHPian

Has anyone bought the mophie juice pack for 6s? Any reviews for it? Any other battery cases which we can buy and use in India?
Old 23rd July 2016, 20:45   #9090
BHPian

Not for 6s, but I have been using one for my 5s since a year and it's quite helpful at times and also doubles as a case too. If only you are okay with the added thickness and weight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks